PDA

View Full Version : Altenator Voltage Output Problem.

STOCK
16-11-2007, 03:50 PM
1994 DC2 VTiR

Car off: battery reads 12.8V
Car on: battery reads lower than 12.8V and drops and drops till i turn the car off.

I thaught it was a faulty altenator so i purchased a reconditioned one and same shit. I returned it and they gave me another one that was OK and charged away happily at 13.6V.

Now 6 weeks later same problem again. Ive returned it under warrenty and they gave another one which still isnt charging :(

On the altenator there are two harnesses, one thick single wire which is a feed straight to the fue box/battery and another with 3 wires, One IGN , one for the dash charge light and one feedback? wire for the ECU. They all seem fine, except for the ECU feedback wire which im unsure of its purpose. Can anyone enlighten me on the purpose of this wire or if they have had previous similar experiences?

destrukshn
16-11-2007, 04:18 PM
are they giving you a new regualtor as well?

fatboyz39
16-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Have you done something to the wiring before the problem occured?

ECU-MAN
16-11-2007, 10:31 PM
make sure the main earth from the battery to the body is making a good contact to the battery and well as to the body.

undo them and clean them.

EWCivic
17-11-2007, 11:56 PM
check this out
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68124&highlight=EWcivic

STOCK
19-11-2007, 08:15 AM
apparently the reco alternators are bench tested before being shipped out so i should have one that works anyhow?

wiring wise, nothing has changedthat i can think of since i stopped modding it a while back =/

engine and body grounds to the natter are great as ive got grounding kit rigged up

still a bit miffed, might have to borrow a altenator to test out on my car =/