PDA

View Full Version : New to this board, I own a one month old Accord Euro!

Thorn2004
14-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Just over a month ago I traded in my 2001 Honda Civic for a Great looking, Arctic Blue, Honda Accord Euro, with Ming Tints, Auto/Sequential Shift, and the OEM spoiler!

Here are my thaughts on a few of the Euro's features after taking her on her first road trip! (yeah my car is a she ;) )

Handling The car seems to handle extremely well, not only does it hug turns with ease, it gives you a sense that you are always in controll effortlessly! Acceleration is smooth and extremely responsive, so much so that I couldn't believe that the Euro is only a 4 cylinder! Seriously, there were so many times in the past when my previous Honda Civic would struggle, especially going uphill while overtaking... well not anymore, infact I outaccelerated a V6 Commodore uphill with consumate ease while still feeling completely in controll! I now understand what the reviewers mean when they say, 'The Euro talks to you' ! ( I only pushed the Euro up to around 130 K's but it felt smooth and totally effortless!) Some have said that the sporty firm suspension is a little harsh for some... well I found the ride smoother than I was expecting, far smoother than the Civic.. so everything is a plus on that side!

Comfort Well this was just as surprising, normally after a 1 and a half hour drive my legs would ache, my butt would be losing sensation... well I was pleasantly suprised by the Euro, not only did my butt not lose bloodflow, but my 6ft2 inch frame fitted comfortably into the seat with plenty of legroom!

Ergonomics No problems here either, the centre display is easily read, all the functions are clear and easy to react to under driving conditions, and the dash display lights up pretty well ! I had fun with some of the Euro's features, I used Cruise Controll, VSA, and the CD-Stacker which I will get to next !

Audio System I absolutely love the CD-Stacker! This is the first car I have owned with a indash CD-Stacker, so you can imagine the fun I had loading 6 CD's of my favourite tunes up and just riding with it for all the 150k trip ! The sound system itself is great, no real distortion that I detected up to my normall listening volume and the bass response is fantastic !

Quiteness I admit I was a little aprehensive after reading through some of the threads here about squeaks and rattles and the such, well I can safely say that I didn't notice any of these! The car always remained surprisingly quiet, the only noise I could hear is the hum of the tyres on the road, and the accasional burst of the engine under fast acceleration but heck this is far more muffled than any other vehicle I have owned !

I seriously don't have any real issues to report regarding the car's performance and I can safely say that if I had any doubts regarding the Euro's driving performance, handling, or ergonomics, they have all been abolished !

My Fiance is getting quite upset at the amount of attention the Euro is recieving, and alot of this time was spent with a camera in hand!

Here she is !

http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/images/Thorn2004/IM000307.JPG

http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/images/Thorn2004/IM000315.JPG

http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/images/Thorn2004/IM000309.JPG

wynode
14-08-2004, 01:43 AM
thanks for the write up!

I've gotta admit.....there are a lot of happy Euro owners on here :)

Keep em reveiews coming guys

Thorn2004
14-08-2004, 01:51 AM
thanks for the write up!

I've gotta admit.....there are a lot of happy Euro owners on here :)

Keep em reveiews coming guys

Yeah I have been hunting around, haven't heard anything bad about the Euro yet, and I searched far and wide ;)

Rowie
14-08-2004, 01:51 AM
Welcome to the forum Thorn.

Good to see another Honda Happy customer.... and the euro is a fine machine. Congrats.

Enjoy Ozhonda.

Thorn2004
14-08-2004, 02:12 AM
Welcome to the forum Thorn.

Good to see another Honda Happy customer.... and the euro is a fine machine. Congrats.

Enjoy Ozhonda.

Thanks :) She is definataly the finest car I have owned, I am very happy !

A question for you guys, how do I get the images to load instead of using a link? I tried using the image function when I posted, but all that appeared are red X's and I know the links were right?

Rowie
14-08-2004, 02:21 AM
The forum in its current state doesnt allow attaching images, but Stay tuned.... a change is coming.

Refeer to this post for more information, at the time being: http://www.ozhonda.com/viewtopic.php?t=699

EuroAccord13
14-08-2004, 03:09 AM
I'm Blue, you're Blue, Yoram's Blue! Everyones Blue heeheeheeheeheehee

CHEERS
Nick

toE
14-08-2004, 04:02 AM
welcome mate.

nice write-up. :)

dun suppose u'll ba planning any changes/mods to her??

euro77
14-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Welcome mate. Another happy euro owner ;)

Thorn2004
14-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks guys :) I am happy with the way the car is , however I want to put some nice 18 inch rims on it, just gotta convince the missus as it is OUR car not mine apparently ;) I thaught about lowering her, but then it loses its usefullness, we drive everywhere and don't want to be limited by rough roads, uphill driveways, or nasty speedhumps!

I have seen other Arctic Blue Euro's around, I really like the color, sure the silver is nice too, maybe the black, but I like the blue the most !

Calvo
14-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Welcome Aboard to OH Matey!!

good too see more Euro owners joining up... all we need now is some in sydney!! soo many in melb!

*sigh*

blueeuro
15-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Welcome commrade, from another Blue Euro owner.

You gotta get some nice wheels on her. :lol:

-h2n-
15-08-2004, 03:51 PM
PWP RULEZZZ!!! :D :D

Thorn2004
15-08-2004, 11:54 PM
Welcome commrade, from another Blue Euro owner.

You gotta get some nice wheels on her. :lol:

Dude I am not made out of money lol, I mean getting the car in the first place was a big investment, even after I got 21K for my 2001 Civic Tradein, especially after getting the Ming tint and Spoiler! Somewhere down the track I will get some new wheels, but at least they come stock with some nice tyres, Dunlop SP's ;)

dundas
16-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Thorn2004 the EURO's are nice cars... really like em. too bad im a student and would be kinda hard for me to invest in one aahhaha.

well sure you will have it looking more shmick in the future with ur 18inch rims ^_^

Thorn2004
23-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Welcome to the forum Thorn2004 the EURO's are nice cars... really like em. too bad im a student and would be kinda hard for me to invest in one aahhaha.

well sure you will have it looking more shmick in the future with ur 18inch rims ^_^

You will save up for one eventually trust me :) Hey I am 28, it has taken a few years to get anything as nice as a Euro !

You have gotta talk to my missus about getting those 18 inch rims, I want them, but she likes the car the way it is? :( Either that or she is too scared about the Traction Controll issue ?