PDA

View Full Version : Wheels, Tyres & Suspension

Euro_Luxury
16-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey All, Iv been doing a lot of homework on these question but i just want a few opinoins from people with experiance.

Im thinking about lowing my car (07 Accord Euro) but unsure of what spring to use & how much i should lower it.

Q1. What are peoples thoughts on; Eibach & Lovell Coils?
(Is there a better option for around the $500-$700 mark?)

Q2. What is the negative camber like when the car is lowered 30-40mm?
Iv been told that there not really a decent camber kit on the market as
yet, is this true & how much is it worth getting?

Q3. Has anyone had experience with Hankook EVO (K104) tyres?

Kind Regards,
Trent.

EUR003act
17-11-2007, 12:12 PM
1. Im not sure on this

2. Mine lowered 37mm at the front - 28mm at the rear... no problems with camber, sits basically the exact same as stock. i used pedders springs on stock shocks, cost $480 including labour to get installed.

3. Not sure on these either - ive used Faulken 452 for awhile, have been quiet happy with them... but am also looking for an allternative

power_of_dreams
17-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Bit of a noobie question, but if you were to get 18s you would get them first before lowering your car right?

EUR003act
17-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Bit of a noobie question, but if you were to get 18s you would get them first before lowering your car right?

depends how low you were thinking of going... i mean, really it doesnt matter whether you get wheels or lower first.... because the outside diameter of the wheel is always gonna be the same (it should be!). so whether it stays stock or you dump it, it'll still be the same height on both stock 16s or huge ass 20s...

id say lower it first, because i think stock height is to high, and with aftermarket wheels itll just look funny, but thata IMO

power_of_dreams
17-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I was thinking 17s or 18s and lowered maybe an inch just to get that low look but without having to go sideways over speedhumps.

EUR003act
17-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I was thinking 17s or 18s and lowered maybe an inch just to get that low look but without having to go sideways over speedhumps.

exactly what i was thinking :D

my cat is slightly under 100mm... and the distance from the top of my guards to the centre of my wheels is only just under the legal limit...

aaronng
17-11-2007, 07:31 PM
I lowered my car 25mm all round and got -2.9º at the rear left and -3.4º at the rear right. The rear toe was probably out too. Bad enough to wear out the insides of my tyres in 2000km.

euro1986
17-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I suppose i would look at it a bit like this:

You spent 45K on a new car so y not spend the extra $800 bucks and get a set of coilovers.

From wat i understand using just spings seems to wear out the shocks pretty quick

And with regurds to camber alot of users have been using Ingall seems to work pretty well.

power_of_dreams
17-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Noobie question, will an $800 set of coilovers allow you to adjust height?

Blitzen
17-11-2007, 10:58 PM
he said $800 extra from the original budget for springs

but yeah, definatly save up for coilovers, put it this way, you can play around with height, damper level, and all it takes is a few more weeks of pay for this long term investment, wouldn't u want coilovers in the car for a while instead of new springs?

tony1234
18-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Hey All, Iv been doing a lot of homework on these question but i just want a few opinoins from people with experiance.

Im thinking about lowing my car (07 Accord Euro) but unsure of what spring to use & how much i should lower it.

Q1. What are peoples thoughts on; Eibach & Lovell Coils?
(Is there a better option for around the $500-$700 mark?)

Q2. What is the negative camber like when the car is lowered 30-40mm?
Iv been told that there not really a decent camber kit on the market as
yet, is this true & how much is it worth getting?
Kind Regards,Trent.
Q3. Has anyone had experience with Hankook EVO (K104) tyres?
Q1.I have Eibachs with Bilstein shocks,i think they're an excellent setup for the street.Change springs and shocks at the same time.
Q2.My setup lowers the car by approx.35mm.I got negative camber on the rear of 3-3.5 on both wheels.There are a few good rear camber kits on the market,ive got an Eibach one but Ingalls is another good one.
Q3.I haven't.If you can go the extra $$ i'd get either Conti Sport contact 2s(i have these) or Dunlop sport maxx.