PDA

View Full Version : Drone type sound 07 civic

Joele
16-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Anyone else got this?

It seems most notible when driving the car for the first 15 mins after it hasn't been driven for a number of hours, after that it seems to settle...

Also does it at idle... Very loud sick sound around 2,500 to 3,100 RPM.. Took it to service center, the mechanic wasn't sure if it was normal or not but was happy to look at it next week... He said it sounded like a loud exhaust drone..

I could swear I never heard it before my 1,000km service but did on the way home and ever since, but when you notice something you just can't help hearing it.. Anyone else hear anything like this in their cars? or definately a fault?

My second warranty repair on this 1 month old civic.. :( (They did respray the bubbling panel very well though I must admit..)

JaCe
16-11-2007, 11:51 PM
I remember Jo_E mentioning something like this but it went away IIRC. Mine never really had an issue.

fab4272
17-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Anyone else got this?

Also does it at idle... Very loud sick sound around 2,500 to 3,100 RPM.. Took it to service center, the mechanic wasn't sure if it was normal or not but was happy to look at it next week... He said it sounded like a loud exhaust drone..

I think there has been past posts on this. My 06 FD civic has an exhaust drone too. It appears when the rev's are down low and with a slight load on the motor, as you have stated above. I think its in the design. Mine is not that noticable though. Probably my driving style eliminates it most of the time.

If your not happy, take it back to dealer and complain again. If you don;'t get any resolution, go to Honda Australia and see what they say