PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

jooneth
17-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Hi Guys,

I have read most of the threads in regards to which brake pad is good. However, I still wasn't convinced.

I've done about 51000km and the last service I had about 2 months ago, they suggested that I need to replace the brake pads.

Now I get the idea that the OEM pads are crap as I, myself had experienced that steering shuddering because of the deposits from the pads. So I wouldn't want the OEM pads plus they are so expensive ($280 or something to replace the rear pads including labour).

I asked my mechanic and he said he will only charge $50 for labour for either rear or front so I think I will buy pads myself and get it done there.

Now, I am not a racer nor my car is modified to performance level (but i do have 18 inch mag). I just want to get a decent pads that is not too expensive and yet better than the stock ones. (maybe around $100 for both front and rear)

Do you guys have any suggestions? Any well known brands?
Thanks~~

beeza
17-11-2007, 10:39 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77505

LXRY
17-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi Guys,

I have read most of the threads in regards to which brake pad is good. However, I still wasn't convinced.

I've done about 51000km and the last service I had about 2 months ago, they suggested that I need to replace the brake pads.

Now I get the idea that the OEM pads are crap as I, myself had experienced that steering shuddering because of the deposits from the pads. So I wouldn't want the OEM pads plus they are so expensive ($280 or something to replace the rear pads including labour).

I asked my mechanic and he said he will only charge $50 for labour for either rear or front so I think I will buy pads myself and get it done there.

Now, I am not a racer nor my car is modified to performance level (but i do have 18 inch mag). I just want to get a decent pads that is not too expensive and yet better than the stock ones. (maybe around $100 for both front and rear)

Do you guys have any suggestions? Any well known brands?
Thanks~~

Mee too, just experienced it happening too my car aswell, not happy with OEM pads.

Try a search, where it sez "search this forum" and type in brakes, plenty of information there.....e.g ;)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26114&highlight=brakes

......then check out some prices at the traders section.........I love shopping hehe :)

destrukshn
17-11-2007, 02:37 PM
yeah but the new honda pads are now a tad softer, so it should eliminate the shuddering problem.
btw, i have a set of front and rear pads geuine oem and brand new if your intered.
lol.

aaronng
17-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Read those 2 links above and post in there.

Closed.