PDA

View Full Version : Civic06+ Windscreen Wipers

JaCe
17-11-2007, 09:27 AM
I've had to replace mine a couple of times (with Honda ones!) and I'm wondering how many people here have actually had the scraping issue with them. It seems to happen so often even though I clean them and soon...

Interestingly enough, it only scrapes when its actualy wet and raining. In the dry it is fine and has no noise =S

ryanc
17-11-2007, 12:07 PM
haven't had any issues
had the car for almost half a year now

i actually realy like the wipers on the civic.. its smooth and fast for me.. looks cool with design as well hehe

applio
17-11-2007, 04:36 PM
i actually realy like the wipers on the civic.. its smooth and fast for me.. looks cool with design as well hehe

feel the same :thumbsup:

Datuk
17-11-2007, 11:24 PM
same problems as you Jace!

JaCe
18-11-2007, 12:52 AM
At least I'm not the only one :) But what have you done about it Datuk?

For me I've replaced with genuine Honda blades cos non-Honda ones don't fit on the FD >< But it's quite costly. When it poured last Friday, I got out in my umbrella, and wiped the blades with tissue and got rid of some dirt which seemed to fix it up for a little while but then the problem came back. Maybe misalignment?

gumbii
18-11-2007, 12:24 PM
ive had the same problem aswell

all you need to do is rotate the blades..lol as in put the left on the right and right on the left...

i asked them to replace them for me at the next service cos the noise was pissing me off but when i picked it up he said he just swapped them.

he said that the motion of the blades create that scrapping...normally it happens when u dont use them for la long time and they get abit dry.

havent had the issue since. been like 4 months now.

give it a go! the guy said it would cost me 70 for genuine honda blades...

my fd is may 06 build...soo close to yours.

JaCe
18-11-2007, 01:44 PM
ive had the same problem aswell

all you need to do is rotate the blades..lol as in put the left on the right and right on the left...

i asked them to replace them for me at the next service cos the noise was pissing me off but when i picked it up he said he just swapped them.

he said that the motion of the blades create that scrapping...normally it happens when u dont use them for la long time and they get abit dry.

havent had the issue since. been like 4 months now.

give it a go! the guy said it would cost me 70 for genuine honda blades...

my fd is may 06 build...soo close to yours.

Thanks for that. I will try it asap (if I remember ><).. I have a tendency to forget until it rains only to hear that horrible scraping noise which leaves me wanting to drive.

+Rep 4 u.

ryanc
18-11-2007, 09:01 PM
hm mayb somethin with the earlier fd's???

Datuk
18-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Jace just remember to clean the blades everytime you wash your car with soapy water!

Tigger
18-11-2007, 11:23 PM
By scraping do you mean the blade jumping as it sweeps?
Mine does that and I find it bloody annoying!!! GRRRAARARARRAAARARAR >:(

andyhui01
19-11-2007, 12:02 AM
hm mayb somethin with the earlier fd's???

Might be... I had that and mines a March built 06 VTi-L... the dealer just told me to replace to blades at the next service

chylld
19-11-2007, 06:16 AM
By scraping do you mean the blade jumping as it sweeps?
Mine does that and I find it bloody annoying!!! GRRRAARARARRAAARARAR >:(

i have the same problem, i call it wiper farts :)

i had the same problem on my old car, replaced them with kmart teflon blades and it fixed the problem completely.

jace: what's stopping us from using regular wiper blades on our fd's?

fab4272
19-11-2007, 08:33 AM
My blades, on the driver;s side are skipping and jumping around the last 20% of sweep. Can't find the blades at any repco or autobarn, so rang a dealer. I nearly fell out of my chair when he told me it was $19 for on side and about $16 for the other. All up, $35 for wiper blades????????????? whats going on here???

Plus, if I don't use the wipers for a day or two, they stick to the screen. Anyone else has this problem?

markCivicVti
19-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Anyone with an 07 civic have any issues with the wipers? Seems to be 06 models only.

gumbii
19-11-2007, 09:41 AM
yeah thats what i had, try swap the blades around and give them a clean..

My blades, on the driver;s side are skipping and jumping around the last 20% of sweep. Can't find the blades at any repco or autobarn, so rang a dealer. I nearly fell out of my chair when he told me it was $19 for on side and about $16 for the other. All up, $35 for wiper blades????????????? whats going on here???

Plus, if I don't use the wipers for a day or two, they stick to the screen. Anyone else has this problem?

danny_mart
19-11-2007, 10:06 AM
yeh well i got 06 model and mine also jumps in the last 20&#37; of the wipe but find when its raining heavy its fine....
kinda just got use to it and never really think much of it cause it never rains....

visconti
20-11-2007, 09:56 AM
same issue with mine.. oct 06 model, swap the blades like 4-5 months ago and no noise until now.. :)

denot
20-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi, just wondering... since I'm not servicing with Honda, is swaping the blade becoz of these "jumping" reason is free?

fab4272
20-11-2007, 11:21 AM
yeh well i got 06 model and mine also jumps in the last 20% of the wipe but find when its raining heavy its fine....
kinda just got use to it and never really think much of it cause it never rains....

so much for the 'supposed' imporovements for bracketless wiper blades. Apart from looking great, I haven't noticed any real improvement over the traditional type, which used to clean the screen just fine and laster more that a year...

JaCe
20-11-2007, 12:54 PM
It just looks cool. I don't think there's that much real benefit to it.

ryanc
20-11-2007, 02:21 PM
judging from the ur profiles, every1 with the problem got an 06 fd

as i know the earlier ones had quite a few problems which didn't seem apparant when i got mine in march

chylld
20-11-2007, 02:26 PM
judging from the ur profiles, every1 with the problem got an 06 fd

this makes sense.... it took almost a year for my wipers to start farting. hopefully the problem is fixed with the 07 civics, however only time will tell (especially over the coming months!)

one thing that did help for me is to give them a good wipe down with armorall plastic/rubber surface protectant, and to give the windscreen a really thorough wash with detergent / glass cleaner. only temporary fixes though...

denot
20-11-2007, 02:45 PM
this makes sense.... it took almost a year for my wipers to start farting. hopefully the problem is fixed with the 07 civics, however only time will tell (especially over the coming months!)

one thing that did help for me is to give them a good wipe down with armorall plastic/rubber surface protectant, and to give the windscreen a really thorough wash with detergent / glass cleaner. only temporary fixes though...

chylld, i recall you're suggesting on a brand for cleaning the wiper and or windscreen last time? What brand you think its good?

chylld
20-11-2007, 03:01 PM
chylld, i recall you're suggesting on a brand for cleaning the wiper and or windscreen last time? What brand you think its good?

i've only tried one brand, armorall... here's the stuff i use (go camera phone!)

now that i read the label it doesn't sound like it's supposedto be used on rubber... but oh well :) works for me, stops the farting for over a month at a time

denot
20-11-2007, 03:12 PM
i've only tried one brand, armorall... here's the stuff i use (go camera phone!)

now that i read the label it doesn't sound like it's supposedto be used on rubber... but oh well :) works for me, stops the farting for over a month at a time

hahahaa, as long as it works... :p thanks yo!

Frost_FD
20-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I've had to replace mine a couple of times (with Honda ones!) and I'm wondering how many people here have actually had the scraping issue with them. It seems to happen so often even though I clean them and soon...

Interestingly enough, it only scrapes when its actualy wet and raining. In the dry it is fine and has no noise =S

I have the same bloody problem!!! it only makes noise when its wet go figure... honda probaly only tested them when it was dry and not in the rain... so they probaly thought if it works in the dry it must work in the rain.....

I apply abit of silicon spray on them it cleared the noise up for a while

JaCe
20-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeh my installers recommended I get a can of silicon spray.. also does the trick for the electric windows.

chylld
20-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Yeh my installers recommended I get a can of silicon spray.. also does the trick for the electric windows.

talking about our civics' electric window problems... although i haven't had a jam myself, every time i get my civic back from service there are like huge grease trails on both the inside and outside of every front and back of every window! looks horrible... but my car has to go in for service again for another replacement part soon so i don't bother cleaning it heheh

gr1d
26-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I have the same problem too, got mine in Oct06. Does anyone have instruction how to swap the blades?

chylld
26-11-2007, 03:40 PM
I have the same problem too, got mine in Oct06. Does anyone have instruction how to swap the blades?

the instructions are in your user manual... however i tried to follow them and couldn't for the life of me get them off :(

gr1d
26-11-2007, 03:43 PM
the instructions are in your user manual... however i tried to follow them and couldn't for the life of me get them off :(

Thanks Chylld. I'll try now....

JaCe
26-11-2007, 06:32 PM
I tried the silicon spray and it seems to have worked :)

Does anyone know if it's uber bad for your car paint if a drop spilled onto the hood? Of course I wiped it off pretty quick but ... there may be residue ><

SaBReT00tH
10-05-2008, 11:21 AM
so in conclusion does swapping the blades to the other side fix the problem with them not wiping properly? or otherwise sillicon spray?

Anyone know if there are any cheaper blade refills available anywhere as I was quoted $40 for some genuine honda blades down here in canberra.

rk 86 wa
10-05-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah mine does it as well but it just turns out that the blade gets dirty

give your blade a wipe down should be ok

Whispaa
10-05-2008, 05:33 PM

lol It took me a while to figure it out myself by referring to the manual.

I've only replaced them, haven't actually swapped them around. From memory, wern't they different lengths?

Sherweeeny
12-05-2008, 05:18 PM
eh just turn the music up?

its also good to put some detergent in the washer bottle and when it rains, just give it a good spray first then use the wipers.

dmx
12-05-2008, 07:20 PM
2+ years old mine, and not really wipe good. initiative want to replace.
but on 24month service, they changed without my consent.
$40. result : like the first time i buy this car :thumbsup:

warwick108
21-05-2008, 10:26 AM
without your consent?.. sue them?.. even better if they have thrown out your old ones.. they have no choice but give you the new ones.. lol.. ^^ if they touch my car without tell me. i would kick his sorry ass..

ryanc
21-05-2008, 11:55 AM
without your consent?.. sue them?.. even better if they have thrown out your old ones.. they have no choice but give you the new ones.. lol.. ^^ if they touch my car without tell me. i would kick his sorry ass..

thats mechanics for u.. always overcharging bs items

somehow got charged 4 bux for windscreen detergent like WTF?

but including GST all the price "conveniently" adds up to 300bux lol