PDA

View Full Version : not getting ignition.

rayb3na_
17-11-2007, 09:58 PM
oks there is a problem with my eg.. hrmms not sure how to explain it atm but this afternoon around 4pm it wouldnt start, it would start and then instantly die.. i pushed the gas down halfway and then all the way like the manual told me and yeah eventually somehow got it to work.. i drove to the petrol station to fill up as i was running low i thought that mightve been the problem but it wasnt, as soon as i filled up car wouldnt start again.. left it for a few minutes and it started.. luckily i got it home and then it just died.. now it wont start.. i took all the leads and spark plugs out checked them all spark plugs are bit black so i cleaned them off.. leads werent getting any pwoer through them? checked my battery my system still pumping.. so last thing i checked was the distrubiter or the thing that the leads are connected too.. im thinking its that but does anybody else have any clue? cos i really want to get this car up and running before tuesday.. =[

SLOWEGG
18-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Try changing to different leads if that doesnt work then itll probably be the dizzy.

gnx1987
21-11-2007, 03:16 PM
how old are the spark plugs

dsp26
21-11-2007, 04:47 PM
firstly you have proper voltage yes? engine on/off? good...

how do you know your leads aren't getting power through them? need a high voltage tester to do that... unless you did the spark plug trick and tried cranking it with a connected plug and lead out?

If so did you test ALL 4 in open air? do this CAREFULLY as its high voltage.. ground it against the head.... because atmospheric pressure is not as dense as the compressed state of the combustion chamber, even the shittiest plug will spark

If it is the same next checks are:
- dizzy rotor button
- rotor
- ICM test (search for it in DIY section)

If all the above check fine then it's the coil.

On a side note, these ignition issues are the exact reason i get the 'ricey' clear distributor caps.. why? coz i can see through it straight up and see if theres spark :p

oks there is a problem with my eg.. hrmms not sure how to explain it atm but this afternoon around 4pm it wouldnt start, it would start and then instantly die.. i pushed the gas down halfway and then all the way like the manual told me and yeah eventually somehow got it to work.. i drove to the petrol station to fill up as i was running low i thought that mightve been the problem but it wasnt, as soon as i filled up car wouldnt start again.. left it for a few minutes and it started.. luckily i got it home and then it just died.. now it wont start.. i took all the leads and spark plugs out checked them all spark plugs are bit black so i cleaned them off.. leads werent getting any pwoer through them? checked my battery my system still pumping.. so last thing i checked was the distrubiter or the thing that the leads are connected too.. im thinking its that but does anybody else have any clue? cos i really want to get this car up and running before tuesday.. =[

Paul1985
21-11-2007, 04:55 PM
when you are cranking can you hear your starter motor kick over??
If it is kicking over then that cancels that out..

If it is kicking over, do you have lights on your dash with IGN on?
You could be up for a new ignition switch.

I had a similar problem with my DA9. Check those out as they are quick and easy to check.

If they arent the issue, check your fuel filter, could be blocked.

Otherwise as mentioned, could be a dizzy problem.

ECU-MAN
22-11-2007, 08:21 AM
sounds like the main pgmfi relay or the ICM

Limbo
22-11-2007, 10:37 AM
check earths also, make sure you have a good earth

tRipitaka
22-11-2007, 10:40 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31796

Paul1985
22-11-2007, 01:22 PM
rayb3na_ did you resolve the issue yet?