PDA

View Full Version : DC2R Rear LCA Problems

Moya
18-11-2007, 07:28 PM
So I have ITR suspension on my DC2 now, but one slight problem. I purchased 2nd hand ITR LCA's from a trader on here and it wasn't until I was fitting the second LCA (rear left) that I noticed both LCA's were identical - and not a mirror image.

The problem is, the existing bolt for the swaybarm/tiebar to bolt onto the LCA doesn't fit anymore because the LCA isn't a mirror and the thread is on the other side of the LCA. So right now I'm driving round without the left side of the rear swaybar bolted on. (i'm driving soft through corners though)

I was thinking of going to bolt/nut shop and getting the same bolt high tensile but 15-25mm longer. Is this ok?

Or should I slap the trader around a bit, and get the correct LCA?

xtat1k
19-11-2007, 12:42 AM
To be correct, not saying you should slap the trader around but confirm with him that he has given u the wrong product and should provide u with the correct one.

flipmods
19-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Return it or grind the nut off and just buy a new one for the other side.

m3ntAL_l2
19-11-2007, 08:51 AM
wdf man, so ur driing with the sway bar on, but only one side is bolted down?!?!?
might aswell take the whole thing off it prob b less dangouse. good thing ur driving around the crn slowly other wise ur car will just roll over

bennjamin
19-11-2007, 09:49 AM
lol no it wont ROLL OVER.

But it could damage the subframe or swaybar mounting etc so disconnect the connected side while you work this out.

You can use a thick washer and a nut (found on the upper shock mounts x 2 ) to hold the endlink to your control arm fine. Or just return it for the proper thing.

SiReal
19-11-2007, 09:50 AM
get the correct LCA from the trader. It isn't so bad driving without a sway, just drive sensibly.

Your car isn't going to flip driving normally.

Moya
19-11-2007, 10:48 AM
get the correct LCA from the trader. It isn't so bad driving without a sway, just drive sensibly.

Your car isn't going to flip driving normally.

I know lol I had to giggle when someone said it would roll over. Alot of cars don't come with swaybars.

I'm driving really sensible through corners so I don't think subframe will rip.

Short term because I'm pov with a house etc, I'm going to get a longer bolt to bolt in it. Long term, BC Race Spec Coilovers and maybe some brand new aftermarket LCA's with bigger swaybar/AS/poly bushings etc.

lol no it wont ROLL OVER.

But it could damage the subframe or swaybar mounting etc so disconnect the connected side while you work this out.

You can use a thick washer and a nut (found on the upper shock mounts x 2 ) to hold the endlink to your control arm fine. Or just return it for the proper thing.

Thanks mate

Moya
19-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Longer bolt worked a treat!

G-Stick
20-11-2007, 06:28 PM
i may know which trader u got it from as i got 2 sets from a trader on here and both were dodgy :(