PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Compare EP3R and FN2R

mpd076-chuck
20-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Just because there isn't enough debate about this.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NGqOhX6sXO8

Be quick, it's going to be deleted shortly.

In summary, Top Gear prefer the EP3 but a guy in the audience likes the FN2R for it's looks and sound.

slipn
20-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Yep I watched this here on TV in Europe.. You have to watch these youtube top gear episode 10 videos within days before they get deleted.

Jeremy speaks the hard truth as always...He regards the fn2r as absolutly hopeless, it does an ok time around the track despite all the understeer.

IAMVTEC
20-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Bah he just repeating what most people already know.

The FN2R is a style/fashion car, like a TT. Not a bad car but it was a mistake marketing it as a Type R.

But as always for Top gear was a good watch, how absurd does he look sitting in that car :D

Philip Lee
20-11-2007, 09:17 AM
but it still managed to beat Golf GTI. i guess it's done well against it's competitors but not it's predecessor. it is crying out for a LSD and more horse.

FN2TypeR
20-11-2007, 09:20 AM
EP3R is butt ugly. Even DC5R and EK9R is better looking.

Philip Lee
20-11-2007, 09:23 AM
EP3R is butt ugly. Even DC5R and EK9R is better looking.

haha i wouldn't say that but it does look bland compared to FN.

IAMVTEC
20-11-2007, 09:46 AM
No denying EP3R is not a good looking car. It's not hideously ugly but it's terribly dull and unathletic. I mean it's just a shortened van.

lukits01
20-11-2007, 09:54 AM
but it still managed to beat Golf GTI. i guess it's done well against it's competitors but not it's predecessor. it is crying out for a LSD and more horse.

Even more scary when you think that the UKDM EP3R does not come with LSD, and has less BHP than JDM EP3R. The Golf GTi was never any faster than EP3 or FN2, but it seems to suit Jeremy's taste better. Keep in mind this is just another mans opinion of the car.

Having said that the FN2 has a few advantages over the EP3R when you start modifying it. For example,

It doesn't suffer from bump steer when lowered, mainly because the steering arms are now connected to the hubs instead of the shock body. The torsion beam geometry does not change when you lower the car, so no need for expensive and ghastly rear camber arms. You don't need roll centre adjuster because you don't need to lower that car much from stock to begin with.

And, my personal favourite, it has 7 engine mounts including 2 Torque dampers.

Question is, what will be the weak link in the FN2? except from the obvious weight and power disadvantage

Philip Lee
20-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Having said that the FN2 has a few advantages over the EP3R when you start modifying it. For example,

It doesn't suffer from bump steer when lowered, mainly because the steering arms are now connected to the hubs instead of the shock body. The torsion beam geometry does not change when you lower the car, so no need for expensive and ghastly rear camber arms. You don't need roll centre adjuster because you don't need to lower that car much from stock to begin with.

And, my personal favourite, it has 7 engine mounts including 2 Torque dampers.

Question is, what will be the weak link in the FN2? except from the obvious weight and power disadvantage

OMG have you started to take your car apart?? :p

these facts should comfort those FN2R owners a bit hehe

aaronng
20-11-2007, 10:56 AM
LOL, I saw Jeremy going through the corner off the throttle in the EP3R but in the FN2R, he was flooring it. Of course the FN2R would understeer. The EP3R would as well if he was flooring it through the corner. Biased....