PDA

View Full Version : help, swaybar endlink nut has fallen off

quang
20-11-2007, 02:31 PM
hi guys and gals,

so i need some advice, i have an ASR brace and a teg type-r 22mm sway, i'm using my ek4 endlink with the ASR inserts.

ok so during driving i heard a massive spring noise like when the spring in your shock goes back into place. the noise was my sway bar and endlink coming apart on the drivers side because the endlink nut had come loose and fallen off. so now i have one side connected and the other free.

am i still able to drive my car? are there any precautions i should take?
the thread on the bolt is fine, does anyone know where i can pick up another nut? and inserts?

thanks

Zdster
20-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Dont take this as advise, but might try undoing the other endlink???

quang
20-11-2007, 06:43 PM
just to even up the car, until i can reattach both? yeah i was thinking of doing that.
do you know where i can get a new nut and ASR inserts from?

tank
21-11-2007, 07:27 AM
just to even up the car, until i can reattach both? yeah i was thinking of doing that.
do you know where i can get a new nut and ASR inserts from?

Yes, undo the other end-link.

Take the ASR insert and nut from the other side of the sway bar to a shop like Conventry. Or a nuts and bolt shop. They should have something. The ASR inserts are very hard to find.

Paul1985
21-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Yes, undo the other end-link.

Take the ASR insert and nut from the other side of the sway bar to a shop like Conventry. Or a nuts and bolt shop. They should have something. The ASR inserts are very hard to find.

Might need one machined.
nuts and bolts can be purchased in many places. Check yellowpages.com.au

bennjamin
21-11-2007, 08:08 PM
in the meantime disconnect the other endlink for safety -
and find another endlink end - PS ou dont have to use the ASR "metal" bushes included in the kit. Any EK4 or EK9 endlink will suit fine.

quang
22-11-2007, 10:33 AM
ok cool, so can get a new nut from a nuts and bolts shop, i don't think i need a new endlink, the thread on the bolt looks fine, probably just need the loctite stuff.
As for the inserts i might as well use them only need to replace one side, i just gotta order them from ASR, unless yonas has got them but it seems he doesn't like replying to my emails.
thanks guys

vinnY
22-11-2007, 01:21 PM
bolt size should be m10 1.25mm :)