PDA

View Full Version : Need help from Odyssey owners

evolution
20-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if any other Odyssey owners here have encountered the following problem.

A clocking sound, 'tock....tock......tock' when

1. stoping or moving off

2. Free playing with the steering wheel

3. Parking or rolling at very low speed (5-15km/hr)

My Odyssey seems to have gotten this problem and it is irritating the hell out of me.

Thanks

evolution
21-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Anyone?

AusAccord
22-11-2007, 11:30 AM
don't have any symptoms as u mentioned. only "clicking" sound i have is fm transmission when changing fm D to R or R to D.
where is it fm? just a thought, as u upgraded the brake, it may have something rubs/hits the rotor dust cover. seen something the same on Japanese blog for RB1 but can't find it atm.

LXRY
22-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if any other Odyssey owners here have encountered the following problem.

A clocking sound, 'tock....tock......tock' when

1. stoping or moving off

2. Free playing with the steering wheel

3. Parking or rolling at very low speed (5-15km/hr)

My Odyssey seems to have gotten this problem and it is irritating the hell out of me.

Thanks

Hi evolution :wave:

Do you have warranty on your car ?

Have you done any mods to the suspension ?

Try posting a thread in the suspension section.......you'll get more of a response from there.

Hope this helps ;)

evolution
22-11-2007, 10:49 PM
don't have any symptoms as u mentioned. only "clicking" sound i have is fm transmission when changing fm D to R or R to D.
where is it fm? just a thought, as u upgraded the brake, it may have something rubs/hits the rotor dust cover. seen something the same on Japanese blog for RB1 but can't find it atm.

Sound coming from front right wheel. Thought of that also, but I have read in another forum ODCs with stock brakes and suspension having the same problem. Seems to be caused by the Knuckle bearings (wtf is it???) and they basically went back to dealer for warrenty replacement and it seemed to have happened to quite a few of them. But the latest person reporting the problem was in 2005 and mine is the 2006 face lift model.

Anyway sound seems to have gone away for the today when I went out to recreate the problem, so I'll monitor it. Wife was commenting that it only occurs when the weather is hot.

evolution
22-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi evolution :wave:

Do you have warranty on your car ?

Have you done any mods to the suspension ?

Try posting a thread in the suspension section.......you'll get more of a response from there.

Hope this helps ;)

Yes car is still under warrenty

I have only changed the Springs to Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs, ride height dropped only 1 inch

I'll have to monitor it some more. Thanks for suggestion

UNLS1
23-11-2007, 08:16 AM
if its to do with the suspension u have put it, it will NOT be covered by warranty!

evolution
23-11-2007, 10:56 PM
if its to do with the suspension u have put it, it will NOT be covered by warranty!

The clocking noise came back today, I'm bring the car to my mechanic to try and see what is causing the sound and to determine if it was caused by the lowering springs.

aaronng
24-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Nail in your tyre?

whtdc2
24-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I changed to Mugen suspenion, and I dont have any of the above problems

evolution
29-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the replys, sound gone away by itself. may have been stone chips or small pebbles stuck in the threads of the tyres as I removed a few when inspecting the tyres for nails.

TonyB
13-04-2008, 11:24 PM
I had a clicking noise on my Ody that started only 2 months from new (2 years ago). I was close to the dealer (Larke Hoskins in Rosebery) and I dropped in, 10 minutes later it was fixed...I never even had a chance to visit that brilliant coffee shop close by. Apparently a stone was caught inside the front right disc splash guard and it was that simple. Bugged me no end as sometimes it sounded like a quiet UJ failure...:eek:

evolution
14-04-2008, 09:59 PM
I had a clicking noise on my Ody that started only 2 months from new (2 years ago). I was close to the dealer (Larke Hoskins in Rosebery) and I dropped in, 10 minutes later it was fixed...I never even had a chance to visit that brilliant coffee shop close by. Apparently a stone was caught inside the front right disc splash guard and it was that simple. Bugged me no end as sometimes it sounded like a quiet UJ failure...:eek:

That sounds logical to me... anyways I haven't had that problem since then.