PDA

View Full Version : Euro Tourer Bass Sound Problems?

Bish
21-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi Guys,

I just brought a new Honda euro tourer, great BTW however I hardly get any bass sound out of my speakers even with it turned all the way up.

Just wondering if I’ve missed a setting, if anyone else is having the same problem, or should I take back to Honda?

my_vtec77
21-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Which one did you turn all the way? Volume or BASS level.

1.You can adjust BASS level by pressing a button "SOUND" which is very next to main volume and keep pressing that SOUND button until you reach to BASS setting (there are four settings there i think; BASS, TREBLE, FADE and BALANCE)

2.When you in BASS setting, use VOLUME wheel to adjust the BASS (1 low to 5 high)

3.Enjoy..

Bish
21-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the reply,

I’ve turned the Bass level all the way up.

I found the sound button which is on the touch screen and turned it up from there already, still no improvement. :(

SiReal
21-11-2007, 09:17 AM
what you need my friend, is an aftermarket sound system.

Go get yourself a soundgate device - which hooks up to your stock headunit, replace all your speakers + add in a sub + amp as well. then u should be banging. do more research - audio section. This has been discussed a few times.

Good luck mate

Bish
21-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Sounds like great idea, but I did all of that in my youth with my Honda prelude, don’t the wife will go for it again. Besides $$$$$$ is pretty tight now.

Pumped
21-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I think thats just how the standard speakers are.

When they do get some bass in them they tend to pop a bit too.

tron07
21-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Your Euro comes with a Navigator? We found that the ones without the nav sounds better then the ones with....

Bish
21-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Your Euro comes with a Navigator? We found that the ones without the nav sounds better then the ones with....

Yeh, it’s the one with Sat Nav.

If what you say is true then I must have problem, even with the bass level all the way up you can hardly hear it (bass that is).

My brother in law has a 2004 standard model and his sounds like a night club compared to mine (I know nightclub is an exaggeration)

johnprocter
21-11-2007, 02:27 PM
take it back to your dealer to get it checked, doesnt sound right.

Bish
21-11-2007, 02:43 PM
take it back to your dealer to get it checked, doesnt sound right.

Yeh will bring it up at the 1k service; I'm just hoping it is problem not how it is that would make the car so disappointing

tony1234
21-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I've heard that too.Just try changing the speakers to a decent brand the OEM ones are fairly ordinary.If you're not happy with that then install amps,sub etc.

neborama
21-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Bish,

I've got the tourer as well.
Unfortunately whatever bass you're experiencing is the best you'll get until you get a proper sound system.
I've sat in a MY04 Lux and that shit cranks. :(

LXRY
21-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Just to be sure when you take it to the 1,000 klm service take a stroll into the showroom and crank another tourer's stereo to see if their is any difference. ;)

petsfact
21-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Just to be sure when you take it to the 1,000 klm service take a stroll into the showroom and crank another tourer's stereo to see if their is any difference. ;)

don't forget ur cd rave head

BiLL|z0r
22-11-2007, 07:17 AM
My bass is pretty good in my Std model. Can't turn it up full as it's too loud and quality sufferes greatly. Why would satnav models be less bassy?

N3M3SIS
22-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Ive got the 06 Std, and my system i think for Un-Modded is sweet
much better than my mates 05 civic. i find best setting is +2 Bass, +4 Treb, 2to Rear, and centre. perhaps they haven't set up right with the new sat nav's?

aaronng
22-11-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm using +4 bass, +5 treble and everything else centered. It depends on your music source too.

EuroAccord13
22-11-2007, 10:08 AM
I change accordingly to the style of music... Mostly my fader will be +1 because I'm in the front seat...

Pumped
22-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Bish,
I've sat in a MY04 Lux and that shit cranks. :(

LOL :)
The Tourers must really be noticeably different if thats the case!

Bish
23-11-2007, 11:21 AM
LOL :)
The Tourers must really be noticeably different if thats the case!

Thank guys for your input, I rang the dealer the other day and he suggested I turn the treble level down and bass up, it helped a bit but still nothing like the STD.

If this is the standard sound then it gets the :thumbdwn: from me, hope I’m wrong!!!

tony1234
23-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Thank guys for your input, I rang the dealer the other day and he suggested I turn the treble level down and bass up, it helped a bit but still nothing like the STD.

If this is the standard sound then it gets the :thumbdwn: from me, hope I’m wrong!!!
Change the speakers.OEM ones are very average.

Lukey13
24-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Change the speakers.OEM ones are very average.

When replacing the speakers and leaving the head unit stock, what's the best thing to do?

Did I read somewhere that the rear speakers are a little out-of-the-ordinary in that they require power or have a separate amplifier or something??

BTW I have the sat-nav in my Luxury and I often have to turn the bass down for certain types of music as the bass can be quite loud and boomy. The "lack of bass" problems certainly sounds like a factory defect and a warranty job.

LXRY
24-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Bish i'de still take it in to the dealership just to be sure.......if you have the time that is :)

henri123
25-11-2007, 09:42 PM
the stock sound system is very nice. just perfect for my liking ^^

one4spl
26-11-2007, 05:58 AM
My '05 Lux is great on CDs, sounds a bit muddy on FM though compared to the stereo in my Barina. I have a full Soundstream Amp/Sub/Speakers setup connected to the OEM stereo in the Barina, and in comparision the Euro is petty damn good, it might not go quite as loud but its very clear and linear.

When we were looking at them I was thinking about what I might need to do to make the stereo better.... but now I own it, I can't be bothered, its great as-is. I'm just going to get the USA Spec iPod adaptor and genuine BT adaptor and be done with it.