PDA

View Full Version : Automatic/Manual DC2/5-R?

MMike
21-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey all,

Just a quick question re: the transmission of the DC2/5-R, I was wondering what advantages manual has over the automatic counter-part?

My gf is trying to convince me to go for an automatic car in my future purchase, however as long as I've known manual was the way to go?

I know, this is most likely a relatively basic and stupid question, but hey, i've got to learn some how.

Thanks for any responses.

90LAN
21-11-2007, 10:36 AM
type r's dont have auto's

Q_ball
21-11-2007, 10:37 AM
No DC2s were auto, only the dc4 (gsi).
DC5 came auto in the base and lux models afaik.
None of the type r's are auto.

MMike
21-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Had a feeling that might of been the case, considering my brother had a laugh about it when I asked him earlier.

Thanks guys!

45SET
21-11-2007, 12:58 PM
auto are for girls... maybe thats why she wants you to get a auto... even tiptronic gearbox's are lame.

just a shame all the big manufactors are steering away from the conventional clutch and gearstick to the twin clutch and paddle shift.

TypeR Lover
21-11-2007, 01:30 PM
auto are for girls... maybe thats why she wants you to get a auto... even tiptronic gearbox's are lame.

just a shame all the big manufactors are steering away from the conventional clutch and gearstick to the twin clutch and paddle shift.

That's because computers can change gear faster than humans. But I still like the fun of traditional manual shifting.

Kiz_EG6
22-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Advantages of getting a manual:

From the sounds of it, ur girlfriend won't wanna drive it :)

aaronng
22-11-2007, 10:26 AM
That's because computers can change gear faster than humans. But I still like the fun of traditional manual shifting.

And it also reduces the number of incidents of engine failure due to overrevving.

MMike
22-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Advantages of getting a manual:

From the sounds of it, ur girlfriend won't wanna drive it :)Lmao!

Nah chances are she'll still want to drive my soon-to-be DC5R, she loves manual cars, just prefers the 'ease' of automatic.

But yeah, each to their own i guess :D

Kiz_EG6
22-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Lmao!

Nah chances are she'll still want to drive my soon-to-be DC5R, she loves manual cars, just prefers the 'ease' of automatic.

But yeah, each to their own i guess :D

Yeah, each to their own, but the benefits of owning a manual over an auto WELL outweigh the issues!

I don't see what the big deal is anyway, it becomes totally second nature after bout a month of driving anyway!
I do not even notice it when i am in traffic, in fact, if anything, i look for a clutch and gears by accident when i'm in an auto in traffic!!