PDA

View Full Version : Gen3 CRX Roof Creak!! =(

lil_miss_vtec
21-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Just curious... does any1 have a problem with the roof in their gen3 creaking?
Mine does... just wondering if anyone knows how to fix or help fix the problem.

It seems to be worse when its really cold or really hot & I cant tell where it comes from its just something in the trim on the roof??

Any help would b appriciated :wave: :honda:

tRipitaka
21-11-2007, 01:53 PM
lube it up

lil_miss_vtec
21-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I tried that =(
I took the whole roof lining apart & rubbed really thick silicone in there but it didnt fix it :(

philBo
21-11-2007, 03:02 PM
out of curiousity, what causes these creaks?

is it a result of chassis flex?

blahZ
21-11-2007, 03:18 PM
mine creaks too so i turn the music up abit problem solve LOL!! hahahaha

lil_miss_vtec
21-11-2007, 03:45 PM
nah its just the way the roof is.... something rubs in the lining, my 1998 crx didnt have the problem coz in 1995 they changed alot of things... I guess this was one of them :(

Thats y I figured there is a way to fix the creak but I dont know... possibly if I got the roof lining re-trimmed???

anyone had this problem & knows a soloution or can suggest one??

thanks

dsp26
21-11-2007, 04:53 PM
out of curiousity, what causes these creaks?

is it a result of chassis flex?

i dare say its the primary cause coz i HAD it too on the left side. i installed rear strut tower bar and tensioned it heaps... disappeared for a while only to start again and find the right tower mount was bent hahaha.

but yeah.. try lubing up the hole area where the targa locks into.... as rubber doesn't creak and wouldn't serve a purpose to lube it.

lil_miss_vtec
22-11-2007, 09:03 AM
u mean where the pins are that lock in????

I have a front & rear strut brace & it didnt make any diffrence :(

dsp26
22-11-2007, 06:28 PM
u mean where the pins are that lock in????

I have a front & rear strut brace & it didnt make any diffrence :(

yep... those holes where the pins go into are really pretty much the only thing that allows the targa to keep that area rigid.. think of it as the joint

destrukshn
22-11-2007, 06:46 PM
i dare say its the primary cause coz i HAD it too on the left side. i installed rear strut tower bar and tensioned it heaps... disappeared for a while only to start again and find the right tower mount was bent hahaha.

but yeah.. try lubing up the hole area where the targa locks into.... as rubber doesn't creak and wouldn't serve a purpose to lube it.
lol
i used rubber care/silicone spray, and the noise goes away for a while, on the rubbers.

Honda_CRX
22-11-2007, 11:24 PM

Chassis flex = Creak

ucme
23-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Yeah mine gets it in extreme hot and cold days. i narrowed it down to dirty old rubbers and possibility of movement in the locking pins.

http://www.teamdelsol.com/technical/howto/tightenRoof/default.html

this link looks promising. might try it eventually

dzyn3
23-11-2007, 09:13 AM
yeah i heard people putting silicone there.. same for the rain leaks.. wouldnt do it on my car though

TJsol
25-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Ther is sum seals 4 sale on ebay. There OEM 1's but dependz on if u got $$$ to spend. lol.. Itz in the 4sale section in crxauz..

My roof creaks 2 sumtimes.. i noticed tht whn my windowz r down it doesnt creak as much. lol..