PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] Seating position

eccentric
22-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Well it's been about 8 months now of owning my euro..

and I still can't seem to get the optimum driving position.

Is it just me or is my body fussy with getting that perfect seating/driving position. There's so many ways you can adjust it, backwards, forwards, up and down, tilted forward and back then the recline and I just can't seem to find the perfect seating position.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car to bits but I just can't seem to get it right!

Any pointers on how you guys have your seating?

I'm about 6'3" and like to sit back abit.. any tips anyone?

sorry.. i just want to rant as well since my 80 minute drive to work found me adjusting my seat in almost every possible position lol

Darkii_
22-11-2007, 09:10 AM
lol i still cant adjust my seat properly too, the rear view mirror keeps blocking some of my view of the passenger side =( oh well lol

N3M3SIS
22-11-2007, 09:19 AM
i've Had mine since April, and i adjust it every day alsmot, its annoying.
Plus i havent got elec seats =(

Pumped
22-11-2007, 09:23 AM
lol i generally find with the euro you need to sit up a bit
It doesnt really suit driving with a laid back chilled out, home boy illin gangsta stylz seating position.

That being said, when sitting up and being around 6"3- 6"4 your head basically just hits the roof.
not a huge car :p

if you pull the big bar (front to rear stick) kinda backwards diagonally, and have your seat just a little laid back is what i find best

tron07
22-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I had some porblem with the seat lumbar support last time... but now, I found to be very comfortable. You will need to sit straight upright like a race setup, not a recline position.

If you have problem with the rear view mirror bloking your view, maybe you should move the seat backwards and pull the steering towards you and lower the seat.

eccentric
22-11-2007, 09:29 AM
It doesnt really suit driving with a laid back chilled out, home boy illin gangsta stylz seating position.

Well damn.. that just burst my bubble :P

yeah I find it more comfortable to have it tilted back abit so that I'm sitting 'IN' the seat rather than having it flat and sitting 'ON' the seat if you get what i mean..

Pumped
22-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Yea it feels much better tilted back a little! :) oh fo sho

Merlin086
22-11-2007, 01:22 PM
lol i still cant adjust my seat properly too, the rear view mirror keeps blocking some of my view of the passenger side =( oh well lol

Yeh I know what you mean. I was travelling uphill on a very windy road, and couldn't see around the left hand corners. I'm 183cm.

I then realised my wife had adjusted the seat right up, so I dropped it to the floor and no problem.

But it is very difficult to get the adjustment just right if your 6' plus, wish the lux had the seat memory like the TSX, coz whenever I get it just right my wife has a drive and stuffs it all up!..........:(

EUR003act
22-11-2007, 06:03 PM
when driving on long trips i like to raise the front of the seat bottom up abit, so the my weight is supported on my ass and upper thighs... that way my butt doesnt go numb after driving for 16hours!

LXRY
22-11-2007, 06:52 PM
......................wish the lux had the seat memory like the TSX, coz whenever I get it just right my wife has a drive and stuffs it all up!..........:(

lol, happens to me everyday :D

EUR003act
22-11-2007, 07:01 PM
wish the lux had the seat memory like the TSX, coz whenever I get it just right my wife has a drive and stuffs it all up!..........:(

WOMEN! lol all they do is stuff things up :p

xiang
23-11-2007, 12:19 AM
^
haha! i got manual for a reason..

now that you've mentioned it, i do adjust my seating alot too.. i generally have my seat further back and reclined more upwards, with the steering wheel down and pulled out towards me

aaronng
23-11-2007, 12:54 AM
My Euro's seat is in the perfect position now. If anyone sits in my ass groove, they had better not touch anything other than slide the seat forwards or backwards.

J-TODA
23-11-2007, 01:49 AM
lmao laid back seating position ftw!!! haha...steering wheel set to highest position...

EuroAccord13
24-11-2007, 03:30 AM
I can never find a comfortable position in any car, even if I found one setting that suits me just fine, it's only short term.. I had a major operation done to my back due to me breaking my spine when I did gymnastics competitively, I still get sore after a while..

I've seen in the paper advert about some sort of contoured seat cushion that is effective in solving the "uncomfy" feel in a car seat... Anyone tried that?

My Euro's seat is in the perfect position now. If anyone sits in my ass groove, they had better not touch anything other than slide the seat forwards or backwards.

Whenever I drive your car, I had to freaking stretch my legs to drive so I won't "disturb" your driving seat position.... Talk about being good or what!

Ragerunner
24-11-2007, 08:38 AM
my seating position is always pulling the seat right to the back. so if anyone else drives and adjusts the seat, i have the ease of finding my normal position quickly :D

im not even thattt tall yet i find the further position the most comfortable

Lukey13
24-11-2007, 08:54 AM
One of the first things I noticed about the Euro driving seat is that the steering wheel is not directly aligned with it which means you have to contort your body ever so slightly to the left or in my case I would find myself sitting more on the left side of the seat. Maybe it's more noticeable with the leather seats too.

However it would depend on which car you came from previously and whether that had the same problem (which mine didn't).

I remember reading somewhere about Honda flogging how the yank-tank Accord has a perfectly aligned driver's seat and steering wheel which increases comfort on long trips. I'd probably have to agree that it would do so.

But in all honesty, after several months of having the Euro I don't notice it much anymore.

LXRY
24-11-2007, 10:13 AM
I can never find a comfortable position in any car, even if I found one setting that suits me just fine, it's only short term.. I had a major operation done to my back due to me breaking my spine when I did gymnastics competitively, I still get sore after a while..

I've seen in the paper advert about some sort of contoured seat cushion that is effective in solving the "uncomfy" feel in a car seat... Anyone tried that?

Damn that's gotta hurt.......ouch, gymnast huh.......you have a perfect posture, would never have known. As for the seat cushion only thing i've seen is those ones you see the indian taxi driver's have with the beads and damn they look uncomfortable ;)

One of the first things I noticed about the Euro driving seat is that the steering wheel is not directly aligned with it which means you have to contort your body ever so slightly to the left or in my case I would find myself sitting more on the left side of the seat. Maybe it's more noticeable with the leather seats too.

However it would depend on which car you came from previously and whether that had the same problem (which mine didn't).

I remember reading somewhere about Honda flogging how the yank-tank Accord has a perfectly aligned driver's seat and steering wheel which increases comfort on long trips. I'd probably have to agree that it would do so.

But in all honesty, after several months of having the Euro I don't notice it much anymore.

Wow Lukey13 I thought it was me.........I keep creeping up to the left all the time

terryansimon
26-11-2007, 10:29 AM
I always somehow sit towards the left.

not just for the Euro, but for the other cars I've driven. *shrugs*

but I think I found my perfect driving position. unless I'm going through some twisties, in which I will push the seat forward a little. apart from that.... I'm cool.