PDA

View Full Version : BMI - FD2R vs stock S2000 at Maze

slipangle
22-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Not sure whether this has been posted before...

http://www.gtchannel.com/content.php?cid=10975

Was surprised by how the FD2R didn't concede the straight line battle with the S2K. Would have guessed prior to watching that the FD2R would be competitive on corner entry, but it's good to see it can match (and better) the S2K on exit and maintain that advantage down the straight bits.

A good example of the march of progress!.

preludacris
21-12-2007, 04:50 AM
wow

good video.

man the fd2r looks so dam stable....

SuperSteve
24-12-2007, 01:31 PM
wow i would really love to own a fd2r when they come down to aus :D i just hope that if they ever do that they dont get detuned like all other japanese cars.

Frost_FD
24-12-2007, 02:30 PM
wow i would really love to own a fd2r when they come down to aus :D i just hope that if they ever do that they dont get detuned like all other japanese cars.

Good news supersteve, the fd2r might be coming downunder but it will be detuned to suit our fuel potential.

kongfu
28-12-2007, 03:16 PM

Thats impossible!:o

JDM is JDM... AUSDM is AUSDM.:honda:

fasthonda
29-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Even if the FD2R came to Australia,could anybody on these forums extract the same performance that Tsuchiya was able to wring out of the Type R?-he did make it look superb!Even people that frequently track their cars may not have the very high skill levels of a professional driver but I know that the FD2R would need little if any changes made to suit track work.
I think that the FD2R is a fantastic car and I wish it did come to Australia,but would it be good daily driver?If it were to come to OZ we would have to bite our tongues because the reviewers would most certainly score it down in a big way ie it wouldn't be as good as their precious Golf GTI-as I've mentioned before,these reviewers are becoming soft butts as soon as the suspension is a little firm or there isn't enough low end torque(working the gears can be an enormous effort for them) they start whinging.

preludacris
30-12-2007, 06:34 PM
i dont give a shit about hard suspension. i'm runnin on coilovers now so im used to it. Stock suspension will be hard for STOCK, but probably still softer than the coilovers most of us are running.

In regards to using every last bit of potential of the car. Most of us won't be able to. But if you think about it, a car that is so well set up, will give even the average driver a lot of confidence in it, and therefor , be able to take it hard. less fear of understeering into a gutter, or flicking tail around and losing control .

imo

xenfacta
02-01-2008, 07:47 AM
...If it were to come to OZ we would have to bite our tongues because the reviewers would most certainly score it down in a big way ie it wouldn't be as good as their precious Golf GTI-as I've mentioned before,these reviewers are becoming soft butts as soon as the suspension is a little firm or there isn't enough low end torque(working the gears can be an enormous effort for them) they start whinging.

australian roads arent exactly smooth so rough suspension get felt even more here. fd2r will inevitably be pitched against cars like the gti coz thats what buyers will compare it to and surprisingly, the majority of ppl out there (as opposed to fanboys who arent in the market for a new fd2r) will want their car to be comfortable.

about low end torque, well in city/suburban driving you want low end torque because youre starting from low speeds and you wont (or shouldnt) be revving out to 5000+rpm on the street. low end torque is what makes a city car feel fast.

i hope the fd2r comes out for those who want a true type 2... the business case is tough though...