PDA

View Full Version : ED crx indicator unit same as ED civics?

qstoria
22-11-2007, 10:59 AM
hey all

friend needs to replace the inidicator unit on his 88 ED crx to pass rego. ive tried my sir unit but they are slightly shorter and dont have the two screws that hold them in place as well as the rail slots.

just wondering if anyone knows if the ED civics use the same unit as the ED crx or will we need to find one from a crx? obviously we are hoping that the civic unit fits as there are far more civics than crx's

any info = much appreciated :thumbsup:

Setanta
22-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Go to a wreckers and compare your old one with one on the car. In reality, you can get one to suit by going to your local auto shop and show them the original. Only difference is the aftermarket one may not mount up to your original bracket - but zip ties tuck them away nicely.

Or go to Honda - although god knows what they'd charge.

cristian
22-11-2007, 06:15 PM
hey all

friend needs to replace the inidicator unit on his 88 ED crx to pass rego. ive tried my sir unit but they are slightly shorter and dont have the two screws that hold them in place as well as the rail slots.

just wondering if anyone knows if the ED civics use the same unit as the ED crx or will we need to find one from a crx? obviously we are hoping that the civic unit fits as there are far more civics than crx's

any info = much appreciated :thumbsup:

the ones with the 2 screws are the prefacelift ED6's...like what setanta sed, try the wreckers for a facelift 4th gen civic ED6 and it should fit...

qstoria
22-11-2007, 06:53 PM
sweet sounds good. jsut have to find a decent wrecker here in canberra...

anyone know about the parking light unit. mate told me that that is damaged too. wreckers here are not that flash over the fone when it comes to hondas :)

Setanta
22-11-2007, 07:56 PM
If in doubt, ring Honbits in Smithfield NSW (if you like parting with cash) or any other Honda wrecker Australia-wide. They will courier to you at your cost.