PDA

View Full Version : hondata on k20

EGBOY
22-11-2007, 01:11 PM
i'm looking at putting quads on my ep3r... ( with internal work also ) just wondering if hondata computers can run them fine!
and or any recomendations for computers..
thanks

DR HONDA
22-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Hondata k pro will support individual throttle bodies. Will need a professional to tune this.

Paul1985
22-11-2007, 01:33 PM
The only two ECU's i would use with that setup are Hondata K-Pro or AEM EMS.

K-Pro FTW.

TODA AU
22-11-2007, 02:03 PM
i'm looking at putting quads on my ep3r... ( with internal work also ) just wondering if hondata computers can run them fine!
The K-Pro can be easily configured to run quad throttles.
Throttle mapping is set in parameters of software under MAP button.
Function is changed from MAP mapping to Alpha Numeric (Throttle mapping)
If you have a K-Pro & are going to use the data log function etc, you should familiarize yourself with it. The software can be down loaded here http://hondata.net/updates/?app=KManager&action=download
& as already mentioned have it tuned properly.

grumpy rooster
22-11-2007, 07:00 PM
The K-Pro can be easily configured to run quad throttles. Throttle mapping is set in parameters of software under MAP button. Function is changed from MAP mapping to Alpha Numeric (Throttle mapping).

I'm not familiar with the Hondata terminology. Is that changing the tuning method from MAP to TPS? If so, thats right. You'll struggle to run a big cammed ITB setup with MAP sensed tuning. The low down vacuum is too little to tune accurately, hence the need to tune by the TPS.

TODA AU
22-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm not familiar with the Hondata terminology. Is that changing the tuning method from MAP to TPS? If so, thats right. You'll struggle to run a big cammed ITB setup with MAP sensed tuning. The low down vacuum is too little to tune accurately, hence the need to tune by the TPS.
Yup, you're bang on. The ECU setup is changed from MAP to TPS for exactly the reasons you've said.:thumbsup: