PDA

View Full Version : FN2R Vs WRX- Comparision Test(Autoexpress Mag.)

fasthonda
22-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Comparision test between the Civic Type R and the Subaru WRX.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/grouptests/212631/subaru_impreza_twin_test.html

preludacris
23-11-2007, 02:24 AM
good find.

aus needs an option for a CTR with less options/luxuries!! gt version is too heavy in terms of performance driivng.

EK4R
23-11-2007, 02:53 AM
diy strip it yourself and sell the parts for money :) lol

6ary
23-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Too many mixed reviews of the FN2R out there, can't believe anything. Have a drive and decide for yourselves guys, i still think it needs an LSD at LEAST, entry speed is really quick but I just can't get the power down to the front wheels after the apex of a corner.

Philip Lee
23-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Too many mixed reviews of the FN2R out there, can't believe anything. Have a drive and decide for yourselves guys, i still think it needs an LSD at LEAST, entry speed is really quick but I just can't get the power down to the front wheels after the apex of a corner.

i agree totally. it's really crying out for a LSD.

sitta
23-11-2007, 09:46 AM
lsd for dc5 would fit fn2

SuperSteve
23-11-2007, 04:05 PM
thats interesting review there. good find. im wondering how my jdm ep3 would go up against a new wrx on a track hehe

JaCe
23-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Meh I'd still rather drive the FN2R over the new WRX.

ROLLED
24-11-2007, 01:55 AM

stop quoting me gary!:confused::confused:

Catcha
24-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Well latest top gear just tested a civic type R, and judging by the reviews too much understeer kills the whole car.......

6ary
24-11-2007, 03:44 AM
stop quoting me gary!:confused::confused:

How was that quoting you? Its my car bro. Check my earlier posts i mentioned it ages ago

Well latest top gear just tested a civic type R, and judging by the reviews too much understeer kills the whole car.......

How bad can it be seriously, clarkson justs shoots it down. But the fact of the matter is that its cheaper than a golf gti and its 0.02 seconds faster than it on the TG test track, i doubt its way slower then a EP3 maybe a second at most.

Catcha
24-11-2007, 03:25 PM
How was that quoting you? Its my car bro. Check my earlier posts i mentioned it ages ago

How bad can it be seriously, clarkson justs shoots it down. But the fact of the matter is that its cheaper than a golf gti and its 0.02 seconds faster than it on the TG test track, i doubt its way slower then a EP3 maybe a second at most.

How Bad ??? Top gear and Fifth Gear both says it understeers too much. You can see the car trying to go round the corner when the Stig takes it around the track.. Compared to the previous Type R you can see what he bags the crap out of the new one.

SuperSteve
24-11-2007, 04:29 PM
this is a video of ep3 vs new ctr in uk.
http://honda-portal.com/honda-videos.php?video_id=807
pretty interesting

6ary
24-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I've seen both the 5th gear and top gear reviews of the FN2R. I'm just too lazy to defend it anymore.