PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Emanage Ultimate on both manual and auto euro

Pages : [1] 2

CL9-K24A3
22-11-2007, 11:40 PM
hi guys, today me and ALN just installed our greddy emanage ultimate on our car. we already done research before for AEM, Hondata,Greddy, etc and we can said that this is the best for our situation and our car (This is only our opinion). Here is the current mods we got which are related to power result:

My car (2005 Auto Euro Luxury):
Greddy emanage ultimate with plug and play harness
Skunk2 Racing catback
Comptech header
No high flow cat (if i put high flow cat on my car, you can hear my car from 2 blocks away before you see the car coming:p:p)
Injen CAI
Unortodox racing pulley set
Red line oil
NGK Iridium EX spark plug
Mugen radiator cap
Mugen oil cap
Rims:Amistad Rotino SP2 (Japan) 19 inch
(Weight:approx 12 kg/wheels)

ALN's car (2003/2004 Manual euro):
Fujitsubo catback
Comptech header
High flow cat
64mm TB
Clutch and Flywheels
Comptech ice box
Red line oil
NGK iridium EX spark plug
Mugen radiator cap
Mugen oil cap
Mugen Thermostat
Rims:SSR (Japan) 19 inch
(Weight:??? slightly lighter than mine)
Phase Euro carbon bonnet which is lighter than my stock one
Recaro seat which is lighter than my leather seat

I cannot post the dyno graph since my PC has a bit problem with virus.These are the current result from the dyno machine:

My car before tuned got around 103.? kw and after 114.4 kw.
ALN's car before tuned got around 114.? kw and after 125.7 kw.

I can say that the result on the dyno graph read very low.Then the tuner itself said to me that dont refer to the number on our dyno machine.he said that the machine read very low.and i am not sure whether they use the green big blower fan when we dyno our car.so it is not good for our air intake.no air coming in.

There is one EP3 Type R, he got 124.? kw and at autosalon he got 134.? kw.so the tuner said that approx we add more around 7-10kw on our dyno result.when we have time, we will dyno our car again.

In real life:
1st i drove ALN's car and it was amazing power result.more torque and more power at every range bottom,mid,top.even in my car i feel the same.

The tuner set our Vtec on 5500 rpm untill 7300 rpm. because he said that it is the best setup for our car.no point to put Vtec higher.when it hits the vtec, the power and the sound is very amazing.accelaration is damn very good:thumbsup::thumbsup: especially for my car because i already get used to drive my car, so i know the differences.

From the dyno graph at their computer there, i saw that there is an increase for power and torque at every range.The curve is very smooth and straight line keep going up.

A/T with Emanage ultimate advantages:
Unlike the other piggyback, Emanage Ultimate from what i know is the only piggyback that can set Shift Adj.Setting: this feature can be used to adjust the ignition timing to prevent knock during shift up and shift down which is very good feature for my car.

Overall i am so happy and i was surprise with the result in the real life (not on the dyno sheet:p).I can say that both manual and auto euro are great cars, lots of things you can do to improve ur perfomance and very fun to drive.but the auto and manual has different kind of fun for sure.and hopefully this can help all of you to make decision. i will post the graph when i fix my damn pc.

Thank you to Scoot and Chris from Chasers Motorsport for a great tuned for our car.

xiang
23-11-2007, 12:16 AM
wow sounds impressive, i know what you mean when it comes to dyno's. I guess they're just for a rough idea. The real test is in the butt dyno!

nice work, congrats on your results.

and get that high flow cat on!!! 2blocks isnt thattttttt bad. haha!

CL9-K24A3
23-11-2007, 12:38 AM
wow sounds impressive, i know what you mean when it comes to dyno's. I guess they're just for a rough idea. The real test is in the butt dyno!

nice work, congrats on your results.

and get that high flow cat on!!! 2blocks isnt thattttttt bad. haha!

My ear will be deaf in 1 week if i put high flow cat. But currently my exhaust sound is not that loud, not annoying at all, and sound good as well (especially when Vtec point:p).

xiang
23-11-2007, 12:43 AM
haha that bad?
even when just cruising?

do you get alot of cabin vibration?

CL9-K24A3
23-11-2007, 01:10 AM
haha that bad?
even when just cruising?

do you get alot of cabin vibration?

hahaha...actually is not dat bad.if you drive the car relax or go cruising is not loud at all.i dont get any cabin vibration:D

yfin
23-11-2007, 05:59 AM
nice review. pls drive responsibly and do not post about you speeding on the freeway, etc.

tron07
23-11-2007, 07:40 AM
I heard stories of dyno being run without the fan and the engine blew up.... the fan are there cause when you at that speed, there is air movement, but on a dyno, there non, thus the need for fans.

h1coupe
23-11-2007, 10:17 AM
so the e-manage works with drive by wire?
and the harness is it bought from greddy? made for TSX or Euro accord?

and tron07, the fan´s have nothing to do with keeping engines from blowing up, they are there to give some sort of real driving simulation so you get a more accurate reading from the dyno.

if an engine blows up on the dyno then most likely it´s a tuned engine that´s either tuned badly or something has gone wrong.

Suntzu
23-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Sounds like the greddy is a lot better than other tuning options. How much is the system to set up and tune?

Pumped
23-11-2007, 10:35 AM
What advantages does this system offer over say, a train?

Which i could also afford

CL9-K24A3
23-11-2007, 12:03 PM

and tron07, the fan´s have nothing to do with keeping engines from blowing up, they are there to give some sort of real driving simulation so you get a more accurate reading from the dyno.

if an engine blows up on the dyno then most likely it´s a tuned engine that´s either tuned badly or something has gone wrong.

i did not buy the wiring from greddy. i bought it from http://www.boomslang.us/

they make custom wiring for any car.you just need to tell them what kind of car you have and what ecu or piggyback you wanna use,what transmission, and they will make it for you.cause i dont want to damage my original wiring.

CL9-K24A3
23-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Sounds like the greddy is a lot better than other tuning options. How much is the system to set up and tune?

Greddy is :thumbsup:.it cost me around $500 to tune,dyno,and everthing.i pay a bit expensive because they have some problems about the wiring and need to do some research again.

Suntzu
23-11-2007, 12:15 PM
But how much to buy he unit and gear? Im guessing the $500 doesnt cover the unit itself. And can it control all the options as well as vtec, a/f, timing etc

kitbkk
23-11-2007, 12:49 PM
good to hear it turned out nicely tom!!!! cant wait to get back to test it hehehehe.

CL9-K24A3
23-11-2007, 03:18 PM
But how much to buy he unit and gear? Im guessing the $500 doesnt cover the unit itself. And can it control all the options as well as vtec, a/f, timing etc

The Greddy itself i get it from TSX parts for $685(shipped) and the wiring is $325 for auto and manual US$20 cheaper (shipped).yes it can control vtec and etc etc.but if you want the best result you are gonna need V-manage as well.but i think its not worth it to buy V-manage again.it depend you wanna use your car for daily driving or track use.if you wanna use for daily driving, Emanage Ultimate would be enough.

CL9-K24A3
23-11-2007, 03:20 PM
good to hear it turned out nicely tom!!!! cant wait to get back to test it hehehehe.

hehehe!thx kit!ei when you gonna come back??be quick man!!me and the others wanna go to your garage and try to make "fun" for your car.i have a friend live in the same apartment and she has the garage key.so you know what we gonna do to your car while you not here.hahaha!!

Suntzu
23-11-2007, 03:24 PM
The Greddy itself i get it from TSX parts for $685(shipped) and the wiring is $325 for auto and manual US$20 cheaper (shipped).yes it can control vtec and etc etc.but if you want the best result you are gonna need V-manage as well.but i think its not worth it to buy V-manage again.it depend you wanna use your car for daily driving or track use.if you wanna use for daily driving, Emanage Ultimate would be enough.

So basically $1000 AUD for the unit/wiring and $500 too tune. No bad. Not bad at all. Really flexible too by the sounds of it. And you have control of Vtec? Most other systems dont seem to be able to do that. You reckon its giving you about 15kw at the wheels eh?

CL9-K24A3
23-11-2007, 04:05 PM
So basically $1000 AUD for the unit/wiring and $500 too tune. No bad. Not bad at all. Really flexible too by the sounds of it. And you have control of Vtec? Most other systems dont seem to be able to do that. You reckon its giving you about 15kw at the wheels eh?

If you combine between Emanage Ultimate and V-manage its a lot better.because from what i know if you use only emanage ultimate it cannot control your VTC.but yes you can control your vtec.like mine i dropped it untill 5500 rpm and can rev untill 7300 rpm.

From what the tuner said,it is a lot easier to play with the i-Vtec if you have V-manage as well.it doesnt mean Emanage ultimate cannot control the i-vtec, but if you have v-manage you will have some extra features again.you can control and put your vtec at 5000 rpm and rev untill 7800 rpm.but from my situation i didnt put like that because sometimes no point if you put to high or too low.depends from your mods.they will tune your car and see which one is the best.they looking for the very straight line graph keep going up.

For my car i am not expect to gain 15kw.but i would say i have gained around 7-10kw max 12 kw.btw i will dyno my car again when i have time with ALN.ALN's car he gain probably around 10-15kw.since his one is manual and have high flow cat.

Atjo
23-11-2007, 04:33 PM
No high flow cat (if i put high flow cat on my car, you can hear my car from 2 blocks away before you see the car coming:p:p)

Now we can hear you from 2 blocks away, if you put hi-flow cat the whole city can hear you :p

Chris_F
23-11-2007, 04:37 PM
That's impressive gains given you're comparing peak power.

I wonder what the largest gain at any point in the rev-range was?

Do you have a before tune dynograph and a after dune dynograph to overlay?

CL9-K24A3
23-11-2007, 09:43 PM
That's impressive gains given you're comparing peak power.

I wonder what the largest gain at any point in the rev-range was?

Do you have a before tune dynograph and a after dune dynograph to overlay?

at this time i dont have the graph before tuned.i forgot to ask them to make a print out:p.the tuner said that there is an increase in top,mid, and bottom range before and after.but i have no idea which one the largest gain.i will dyno my car again on 8 December with Atjo.will let u guys know the result.

EuroAccord13
23-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Nice figures on the E-Manage... Well done..

My car is in the workshop now for testing so it'll be nice to see what different setup on ECU and Interceptors churn out on the Euro...

But I'll be worried about running on a dyno without the fan... Not good...

What's this Dyno day you are talking about?

aaronng
23-11-2007, 11:29 PM

Hmm, $100 per kW... Ouchies.

LXRY
23-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Well done guys sounds like you guys happy with overall driving experience :) Most important of all !! Great combination of mods..........tested on auto and manual aswell ;)

CL9-K24A3
23-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Nice figures on the E-Manage... Well done..

My car is in the workshop now for testing so it'll be nice to see what different setup on ECU and Interceptors churn out on the Euro...

But I'll be worried about running on a dyno without the fan... Not good...

What's this Dyno day you are talking about?

Cool, post up your car when its done:thumbsup:.I am going with Silas who drive the Red 350Z.yeah without a fan is not good at all.lets see how it goes on 8 Dec.i feel satisfy in the real life but not satisfy at all on the paper:p.

CL9-K24A3
23-11-2007, 11:58 PM

Hiks...you make me thinking now:(.

EuroAccord13
24-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Yeah I know Silas, we've met before... He drove the Mazda 3 before he bought the 350...

Where is the Dyno day? EXE crew organising it?

CL9-K24A3
24-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Yeah I know Silas, we've met before... He drove the Mazda 3 before he bought the 350...

Atjo make a booking for me.Atjo said is the same place like last time the dyno day.i know the place but i forgot the name of the place:p.ask Atjo if you wanna come.we can come together there if you want.

Chris_F
24-11-2007, 08:47 AM

Doesn't seem all that bad really. A Toda header offers less per $ and the same goes for every cat back exhaust and hi-flow cat you can buy. I would also be surprised if any of the Jtune packages could offer the $100 per kw figure in peak power.

sodaz
24-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Doesn't seem all that bad really. A Toda header offers less per $ and the same goes for every cat back exhaust and hi-flow cat you can buy. I would also be surprised if any of the Jtune packages could offer the $100 per kw figure in peak power.

Yep price wise it's not bad at all. The Jtune package is $4900 and the gain at the wheels is approx 30kw (peak) so the price is approx. $166 per/kw.

kitbkk
24-11-2007, 02:21 PM
hehehe!thx kit!ei when you gonna come back??be quick man!!me and the others wanna go to your garage and try to make "fun" for your car.i have a friend live in the same apartment and she has the garage key.so you know what we gonna do to your car while you not here.hahaha!!
I already got my security team looking after my car hehe.

Tom, so are you saying that the v-manage will work better than e-manage ultimate on our cars?
This is really tempting. The euros ve been waiting for an engine management for ages. Get the most potential gain from the previous mods FTW:thumbsup:
e-manage ultimate here in Thailand seems to be a bit cheaper too.

CL9-K24A3
24-11-2007, 04:01 PM
I already got my security team looking after my car hehe.

Tom, so are you saying that the v-manage will work better than e-manage ultimate on our cars?
This is really tempting. The euros ve been waiting for an engine management for ages. Get the most potential gain from the previous mods FTW:thumbsup:

hahaha!!we will buy lunch and dinner for your security.everybody say hello to you.am at atjo house now.everybody here.

Emanage ultimate is a lot better than V-manage.but it is a lot better again if you combine after emanage ultimate then u use V-manage again.so you will have some extra features.but you should use emanage ultimate 1st,not the v-manage.cause ALN already doing research as well so that is why we choose emanage ultimate.if you put v-manage again after emanage ultimate,from me and ALN opnion,it will not gain a lot power as you put emanage ultimate.it will give you some extra features only such as you can control VTC with V-manage.

but i would say,i am already happy with emanage ultimate only.u gonna feel a lot different.it is not worth it if you buy V-manage again since you use your car not for track purpose.you better try my car 1st by the time you go back here especially when Vtec come out:p.

fatfish
24-11-2007, 07:46 PM
anyone use The HKS F-CON V Pro on our car, compare to the e-manage ultimate combint with v-manage, which one is more better.

michael_antoi
24-11-2007, 08:22 PM
I did the same calculations for JTune to work out how much it will cost to upgrade my wife’s Euro and if its worth it.
Peak power per kw on JTune is (158kw vs 125kw) that’s $145 per kw
But mid range at 6000 power on the JTune package is (158kw vs 105) is only $90

At 5000 its (135kw vs 95kw) which is $120 per kw
Summary – I decided to order the JTune kit for my wife as when you consider the gains throughout the rev range its good value for money for a complete package compared to similar products.

CL9-K24A3
24-11-2007, 09:38 PM
anyone use The HKS F-CON V Pro on our car, compare to the e-manage ultimate combint with v-manage, which one is more better.

for my personal opinion,i would say emanage ultimate and v-manage.From my opinion, Greddy is one of the best piggyback in the market at the moment.i think emanage ultimate only would be more than enough for daily driving.

aaronng
25-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Emanage Ultimate controls fuel, ignition and vtec. You need Vmanage for VTC. So use both if you want VTC control. There is no "which is better".

Atjo
25-11-2007, 12:05 PM

Here you go: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79404

10KRPM
25-11-2007, 12:28 PM
You would def need the dyno fan on in my opinion. If its just for show, then why is it even there? and why is it called DYNO fan?

When you run your car on the dyno there is no air flow going through the radiator to take away the heat generated. The dyno fan is meant to compensate for that so the temps can stay reasonable.

The car is not idling and in most cases is rev'ed to redline in several gears, several times. No sorry but that statment about the dyno fan being for show has to rank right up there as one of the most stupid ever.

sodaz
25-11-2007, 04:29 PM
You would def need the dyno fan on in my opinion. If its just for show, then why is it even there? and why is it called DYNO fan?

When you run your car on the dyno there is no air flow going through the radiator to take away the heat generated. The dyno fan is meant to compensate for that so the temps can stay reasonable.

The car is not idling and in most cases is rev'ed to redline in several gears, several times. No sorry but that statment about the dyno fan being for show has to rank right up there as one of the most stupid ever.

That's 100% correct. The dyno fan is absolutely necessary to cool the car to avoid overheating it. Normally air flows at high speed to the radiator when it's in movement, but when the car is static there's no airflow at all so the fan has to do all the work. It's not just for decoration.

CL9-K24A3
25-11-2007, 11:49 PM
i agree with sodaz and 10KRPM.chasers, they are a great tuner:thumbsup:. they tune my car very well.

ALN
26-11-2007, 03:51 AM
Chasers, they are great tuner though,I'm not to sure what's the reason of not using the fan, but they have done some research of the car and before they even started to install the e-manage.

The dyno results might be quite low for my liking though, it might be caused by dyno itself, probably the fan and probably caused by the weather since it was closed to 30 degree C. However before and after tuned showed significant gains for my car 12 kw and tom's car to be around 10 kw.

E-manage is not better than stand alone unit however in value comparison, it is really worth it though even to be compared with hondata reflash since e-manage can be re-sold and it works well, no CEL to be appeared.

Anyway, I haven't got any review for the my car since I'm in overseas unfortunately, I left a day before the car finished the tuning. Lucky, Tom

tron07
26-11-2007, 09:20 AM

and tron07, the fanīs have nothing to do with keeping engines from blowing up, they are there to give some sort of real driving simulation so you get a more accurate reading from the dyno.

if an engine blows up on the dyno then most likely itīs a tuned engine thatīs either tuned badly or something has gone wrong.

you know the amount of heat generated when your car is rev to the max?

EuroAccord13
26-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Ok we have all agreed that running without a dyno fan is not recommended, professional tuners should know better that the fan is there for a reason, especially the heat generated from the manifold when the car is on a dyno, a fan is also used to imitate airflow as well as cooling,yes, it definitely doesn't justify the car's true power, I too am at an absolute loss why it wasn't use...

On another note :), let's all end the dyno fan talk and stick to the E-Manage talk.

enkay
26-11-2007, 10:47 PM
yes more juicy detials about the e-manage =D

phobolism
27-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Ok we have all agreed that running without a dyno fan is not recommended, professional tuners should know better that the fan is there for a reason, especially the heat generated from the manifold when the car is on a dyno, a fan is also used to imitate airflow as well as cooling,yes, it definitely doesn't justify the car's true power, I too am at an absolute loss why it wasn't use...

On another note :), let's all end the dyno fan talk and stick to the E-Manage talk.

its to my understanding that based on the 2nd law of thermodynamics, having your engine temp run high will linearly reduce its overal efficiency. theres other factors that come into play too, like havin an enginer thats not hot enuf will also affect the combustion process or sumfin.

correct me ne1 if im wrong, thats wat i learnt but goin into detail about it is quite longggggg

aaronng
27-11-2007, 07:32 AM
its to my understanding that based on the 2nd law of thermodynamics, having your engine temp run high will linearly reduce its overal efficiency. theres other factors that come into play too, like havin an enginer thats not hot enuf will also affect the combustion process or sumfin.

correct me ne1 if im wrong, thats wat i learnt but goin into detail about it is quite longggggg

What does entropy and equilibrium have to do with how efficient a hot engine runs? The 2nd law states that heat moves from high to low regions in order to increase entropy. If you have a cold block, heat from combustion is transferred into the block and therefore there is less energy to produce the expansion of the combustion gases, thus reducing efficiency when cold. Conversely, a hot engine means that heat flows at a lower rate into the block, thus giving better volumetric expansion. The reason why we don't want hot engines is because it warps and cracks.

chasers
27-11-2007, 10:16 AM
hi this is chris from chasers. thanks for the positive feedback...

just wanted to clear up a couple of things. first the dyno fan. i cant understand why you are under the impression that we dont use a fan? the fan is used whenever a car is dynoed to keep the cooling system under control... its that simple. since it is a FWD car, the fan is at the back of the dyno room (front of the car), you cannot see the fan from the front of the dyno room.

secondly... the dyno is an indication of power. faily accurate, but dyno's do vary. at the end of the day, nomatter where you get your car dyno'd the engines output will be the same regardless of the power figure. dyno figures vary from dyno to dyno, due to inconsistencys between the dyno operators and enviroment variables.

CL9-K24A3
27-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Chris,how ur u?is it the fan on the wall you have on the left hand side?cause the fan is not directly in front of the car so i tought that the exhaust fan.and i didnt see the green big blower fan like on the other dyno usually use.if you really use the big blower fan, then i am sorry about my bad impression.maybe i didnt see where you put the big fan.my bad!sorry for this misunderstanding.

Btw,thx for the great tuned:thumbsup:!like it so much!

fatfish
16-12-2007, 05:49 PM
i did not buy the wiring from greddy. i bought it from http://www.boomslang.us/

they make custom wiring for any car.you just need to tell them what kind of car you have and what ecu or piggyback you wanna use,what transmission, and they will make it for you.cause i dont want to damage my original wiring.

for the harness which one should i order?
ultimate air & water input,
knock water input,
knock air input
dual knock input

thank you

CL9-K24A3
17-12-2007, 02:53 AM
for the harness which one should i order?
ultimate air & water input,
knock water input,
knock air input
dual knock input

thank you

if for greddy emanage ultimate and for accord euro or acura tsx should be air and water input (the 1st one).

Peekay34
18-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Why would you when the mild flash is less hassle from JTune no harness mods......

sodaz
18-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Why would you when the mild flash is less hassle from JTune no harness mods......

The Jtune mild reflash is a conservative, one size fits all product whereas with the Emanage you can tune it to match specific mod configurations. The Jtune product is easier to fit but it wouldn't make as much power. Putting cost concerns aside, i believe you'll be able to extract more power from the car with Emanage IF your car is modded.

kitbkk
19-12-2007, 01:11 PM
and the other thing is you still get some of your money back from reselling as well.

Peekay34
19-12-2007, 08:39 PM
What did the insurace company say about the E-Manage? did it affect your policy much?

CL9-K24A3
20-12-2007, 06:13 AM
What did the insurace company say about the E-Manage? did it affect your policy much?

dont need to tell them you have emanage in ur car:p.you can hide the emanage easily in ur car.like mine,if i am not telling you where i put it, i guarantee 100% you cant even see it or even think where i put it:p.at 1st i have no idea as well where they put it, i search everywhere inside my car i cant find it untill they tell me where it is.

EUR003act
22-12-2007, 08:44 PM
dont need to tell them you have emanage in ur car:p.you can hide the emanage easily in ur car.like mine,if i am not telling you where i put it, i guarantee 100% you cant even see it or even think where i put it:p.at 1st i have no idea as well where they put it, i search everywhere inside my car i cant find it untill they tell me where it is.

where did they put it? :p

xframe88
23-12-2007, 01:04 AM
That sounds like insurance fraud, be careful my friend works for a insurance company and they even track people down on internet forums to come up with excuses not to pay people. Most insurance company’s will do anything to not pay you, it doesn’t take much to look at your wire loom to see if its been modified and cut into. I remember one claim my friend told me about with a s15. A boost controller had be fitted and the person crashed their car and then removed the boost controller. The insurance company inspected the wiring concluded a boost controller had been retro fitted and refused to pay the claim due to undeclared modifications, so just be careful.

CL9-K24A3
23-12-2007, 02:22 AM
where did they put it? :p

its hard to explain in here,but the clue is they put it in under the glove box on the front passenger seat.so,when you sit on the passenger side, there is exactly on the left side where you put your foot.you can even see where is the wiring.but as xframe88 said is true, better be careful with the insurance company.

EUR003act
24-01-2008, 07:38 PM
if for greddy emanage ultimate and for accord euro or acura tsx should be air and water input (the 1st one).

did you get the harness for the "accord euro K24" or the "acura tsx"
im just wondering whether there is any difference? thanks

fatfish
24-01-2008, 08:41 PM
did you get the harness for the "accord euro K24" or the "acura tsx"
im just wondering whether there is any difference? thanks

i order my one that i tell them austrlaia honda accord euro cl9 auto or manual

BiLL|z0r
24-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Re hiding the emanage:
You might not see it when the car is whole, but in an accident when the car is in pieces it might be open for the world to see.

tony1234
25-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Re hiding the emanage:
You might not see it when the car is whole, but in an accident when the car is in pieces it might be open for the world to see.
If you're concerned about it being detectable by insurance co.or whoever then you're better off getting the Jtune reflash.

Suntzu
25-01-2008, 09:38 AM
errr or tell them about it. i did with my jtune. no issue

Merlin086
25-01-2008, 12:35 PM
errr or tell them about it. i did with my jtune. no issue

Bit hard to deny with "Hondata" painted on the lid of your ECU...:eek:

enkay
29-01-2008, 01:51 PM
hm if i happened to get some cams for example skunk2 stage 1 cams..
would the e-manage be suffecient enough to tune it or would i need v-manage too?
just curious ;)

EUR003act
29-01-2008, 05:47 PM
hm if i happened to get some cams for example skunk2 stage 1 cams..
would the e-manage be suffecient enough to tune it or would i need v-manage too?
just curious ;)

thats exactly what i want to know!

aparently you need an ecu with adjustable cam advance to fully optimise cams... and the emanage (even ultimate) doesnt have that?

im nearly willing to give stage2 cams a go even without ecu tuning.... but i keep getting burned when i suggest it to people lol maybe you can try it first? lol

only problem ive come accross is that for stage2 cams youll need valve springs (for higher lift) however, the k20a springs dont fit the k24a3 (or so adrian from toda and james from jtune discovered)

Crapdaz
23-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Greddy E-Manage Ultimate Complete Harness Set Part no.15901500
Greddy E-Manage Ultimate Unit Part No.15500501

Would this complete harness set be suitable for the euro i am assuming so cause its stated its required for new users?

Thanks all

Crapdaz
24-04-2008, 07:50 AM
hey guys,

just wondering with the complete harness set i've been told by Is Motor racing that it requires a field one touch connector CN-13 to fit in the euro?
is that correct?
and they also recommended H-7 harness which is for the DC5 (RSX in the US) which will not need to use that field connector?

Can anyone help me and tell me that it is correct as i do not want to get something that will not work?

Thanks in advance guys!

Crapdaz
11-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Anyone know if the our accord euro CL9 ECU connections are similiar to the K20A DC5 or EP3?

Regards, Daz

aaronng
14-05-2008, 10:59 AM
I doubt that they would be that similar......

Crapdaz
14-05-2008, 11:10 AM
yeh i am guessing i'll prob have to get a harness from boomslang.

But does anyone know if its the acura tsx or honda accord k24 harness to choose?

ALN
14-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Use the 2004 acura tsx wiring option from boomslang. I'm using it currently, thanks to arronng for the reference. it is direct fit without modification

Crapdaz
14-05-2008, 10:08 PM
thanx aln, your a hard man to catch.
anyways it is the air + water harness correct?

kitbkk
27-11-2008, 02:33 PM
woot wooot woooot!
my vtec engage point is at 5500rpm!
wait...i gotta go out now lol.
ill be back writing something up tonight then...

Crapdaz
27-11-2008, 02:34 PM
woot wooot woooot!
my vtec engage point is at 5500rpm!
wait...i gotta go out now lol.
ill be back writing something up tonight then...

f00k you b*tchness!!!

tell me now dammit!

kitbkk
27-11-2008, 08:36 PM
lol you should install yours now man.
Well, I had bought this e-manage ultimate and plug and play harness of Tommy (CL9-K24A3), the starter of this thread.
Today I was planning to go to the workshop CL9-K24A3 went, to talk and organise tuning and installing my system. But,..I ended up installing the system myself as it is plug and play unit. I first thought his (CL9-K24A3) wouldnt fit my ECU as his was automatic and mine being manual, but that was wrong, everything fit perfectly.
Now my car is running the map that was tuned for Tommy's car, the VTEC point moved to 5500 rpm and it cut off at about 7300 or maybe 7400 I dunno cos there is no reading there but its a bit more that stock.;)
The gain I felt when I drove back home, even though weather in Melbourne today when I was driving back was 31 degree, the car reved heavier, in all power range. The gain was even much more than all the individual mods I did to my car, even more than Toda header.:eek:
I am still debating whether I should get it retuned to match specifically all the mods I had done, I'll need to drive it more and might need to get it dynoed to see what number it is running now.
This should be the best bang for bucks engine management option for our cars, seeing that after you have tuned and installed it, then you have to sell it, you wont lose as much money for this as it will fit another euro or even other car brands and model. If you buy this second hand like me, and deciding not to get it tuned, this system should only cost no more than $1000. I think it is WORTH it!!!!!!

viper8548
27-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Is e-manage ultimate better for jtune flash? How about the cost comparision?

kitbkk
27-11-2008, 09:02 PM
I think cost wise, e-manage ultimate was about AUD$900 and the boomslang harness is about AUD$300 shipped when the AUD was strong (correct me if im wrong).
Jtuned flash is about $1300? but you cant resell it?

Suntzu
27-11-2008, 09:11 PM
MY mild flash was $900. It can be resold if you swap your ecu and immob.

Im wondering if the emanage will be "unlearned" by the honda ecu.

If it sticks then its an awesome win and excellent cost effective option. Especially with cams.

Chris_F
27-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Apparently the e-manage ultimate has completely independent control of fuel and ignition (i.e. sends voltage directly) so there's no problem with it relearning. If you plan on running cams it'd be worth looking into a standalone that can control the VTC.

kitbkk
27-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Im not an expert on this but what I have read, the emanage sits between say stock ecu and say injectors. When stock ecu picks up data sent from the sensors, and resending data to injectors, emanage is adjusting this data and send it to injectors. So the stock ecu doesnt know there is any difference..correct me if im wrong anyone...LOL..
plus,,if anyone knows anywhere cheap to get my car dynoed...pls let me know..I cant wait to see what number my car is pulling with these heavy 12kg 19" rims lol.

kitbkk
27-11-2008, 09:31 PM
thanks chris!
wooot!
im so happy I installed it myself..its easy and didnt cost me anything hehehe!

Chris_F
27-11-2008, 10:08 PM
I've been waiting for you to install the EMU for ages lol, sounds like a good result especially for the price. Look forward to seeing some dyno numbers

euro_tr4sh
27-11-2008, 10:17 PM
out of interest whats the normal point that vtec comes on in the euro? i thought it was about 5500 anyway?

Chris_F
27-11-2008, 10:38 PM
the usual vtec point 6000rpm

EUR003act
28-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Apparently the e-manage ultimate has completely independent control of fuel and ignition (i.e. sends voltage directly) so there's no problem with it relearning. If you plan on running cams it'd be worth looking into a standalone that can control the VTC.

Im not an expert on this but what I have read, the emanage sits between say stock ecu and say injectors. When stock ecu picks up data sent from the sensors, and resending data to injectors, emanage is adjusting this data and send it to injectors. So the stock ecu doesnt know there is any difference..correct me if im wrong anyone...LOL..
plus,,if anyone knows anywhere cheap to get my car dynoed...pls let me know..I cant wait to see what number my car is pulling with these heavy 12kg 19" rims lol.

yep... correct! :D

sits in between the ECUs output to the injectors and ignition... so its add/trim/advance/retard will not be seen by the stock ECU and therefore wont be relearnt hehe...

doosra
28-11-2008, 10:55 AM
What is the difference between the Greddy Emanage and Emanage Ultimate.. ?

On ebay, there is the emanage ultimate + wiring kit for $780 USD shipped which is roughly $1200 AUD..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160284116425&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

You can also go direct to their website http://www.turboimport.com/catalog/electronics.htm where it is $685 USD (not including shipping) for the emanage ultimate + wiring harness kit.

Do you guys think it's worth it.. ?

Also, if i only have a HKS SRI, would there be considerable improvement or would it be worthwhile getting a computer?

Suntzu
28-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Whats happening with your car and ECU options Justin? We are pretty keen to hear what you have decided for your Frank!

Looks via though the emanage and not too expensive. I wouldnt do it without head work and cams though. Cant see the justification with a stockish setup.

EUR003act
28-11-2008, 03:49 PM
What is the difference between the Greddy Emanage and Emanage Ultimate.. ?

On ebay, there is the emanage ultimate + wiring kit for $780 USD shipped which is roughly $1200 AUD..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160284116425&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

You can also go direct to their website http://www.turboimport.com/catalog/electronics.htm where it is $685 USD (not including shipping) for the emanage ultimate + wiring harness kit.

Do you guys think it's worth it.. ?

Also, if i only have a HKS SRI, would there be considerable improvement or would it be worthwhile getting a computer?

greddy emanage = old model... typical pigy back ecu (dont buy)

greddy emanage ultimate = new model... new style 'parrallel' ECU (buy)

my opinion...

Whats happening with your car and ECU options Justin? We are pretty keen to hear what you have decided for your Frank!

Looks via though the emanage and not too expensive. I wouldnt do it without head work and cams though. Cant see the justification with a stockish setup.

lol still havent decided... i havent had any time in the last month to even work on evs :( but hopefully during the christmas break ill sort something out :D

BusterSonic12
28-11-2008, 11:09 PM
can someone give a straight direction on where to purchase the wiring harness for the euro with this emanage ultimate.

so you cannot remove the rev limiter with this thing right? so what about adding v or f manage? still not able to do it?

Suntzu
29-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Im a bit confused. Do we need two ECUS as per this stupidly named thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103009

And how does this Kpro Dual ECU compare to the Emanage solution? Do you need two ECUs with emanage? And do you lose Cruise like the Kpro??

tony1234
29-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Im a bit confused. Do we need two ECUS as per this stupidly named thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103009

And how does this Kpro Dual ECU compare to the Emanage solution? Do you need two ECUs with emanage? And do you lose Cruise like the Kpro??
With the Hondata setup yes you need 2 ECUs.A K20 and your stock ECU+harness.
No you don't need 2 ECUs for Emanage option and you don't lose cruise control AFAIK.

TODA AU
29-11-2008, 09:07 PM

For Emanage... No, the std ECU is used.
A V-Manage is also required for best results allowing for VTC control.
The cruise control remains & is unaffected.

Comparison is K-Pro gives absoulte control & precise tuning.
Emanage is always trimming over the top of what is unknown underneath.
That is the standard ECU.
Emanage works, the K-pro is better.
Only you can decide if either is actually worth it.

tony1234
29-11-2008, 09:32 PM
For Emanage... No, the std ECU is used.
A V-Manage is also required for best results allowing for VTC control.
The cruise control remains & is unaffected.

Comparison is K-Pro gives absoulte control & precise tuning.
Emanage is always trimming over the top of what is unknown underneath.
That is the standard ECU.
Emanage works, the K-pro is better.
Only you can decide if either is actually worth it.
OK.So how much is the K-Pro alternative?I assume you can supply,install and tune Adrian.:)

kitbkk
30-11-2008, 06:48 PM
can someone give a straight direction on where to purchase the wiring harness for the euro with this emanage ultimate.

so you cannot remove the rev limiter with this thing right? so what about adding v or f manage? still not able to do it?

you can get the harness from here mate
http://www.boomslang.us/

Car is running very strong now. All the stock functions remain.
Im not really sure if its phychological thing, but today when I was playing with it, normally before installing the emanage, from reving the car all the way down from first to second, with VSA on, the lag was really really long, but now, it feels like that lag is only when wheels are spinning, but there is no retarding feel like before if you know what I mean.

Really love this mod with my light weight clutch and flywheel, I might get it tuned properly if I am not lazy hehe.:o

Crapdaz
30-11-2008, 07:49 PM

Car is running very strong now. All the stock functions remain.
Im not really sure if its phychological thing, but today when I was playing with it, normally before installing the emanage, from reving the car all the way down from first to second, with VSA on, the lag was really really long, but now, it feels like that lag is only when wheels are spinning, but there is no retarding feel like before if you know what I mean.

Really love this mod with my light weight clutch and flywheel, I might get it tuned properly if I am not lazy hehe.:o

did you only install it yourself and requires tuning now?

Suntzu
30-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Im getting excited by this thread now. This emanage ultimate sounds really good and workable within a reasonable price range. I do have the jtune mild flash but now im wanting more from my car. I'd love a set of mild cams and a good tune with this. Probably the VTC mod would be worthwhile as well.

We really need someone to suck it up ( like i did getting jtune first!) and ty this emanage ultimate on their mildly modded euro and report some before after dyno ATWKW figures. All this speculaiton talk is getting me frustrated.
We need some real data and results!

Crapdaz: I think this puts you in the hotseat since you have the emanage and havent done anything yet!! Make sure you get a base dyno first!

BusterSonic12
30-11-2008, 10:09 PM

do i choose the 03-06 Accord K24? then which input do i need?

kitbkk
01-12-2008, 01:14 AM
did you only install it yourself and requires tuning now?
I installed it myself but that was only taking of the carpet and plugging in the harness to the stock ecu and hook it up to the emanage.
Lucky mine has been tuned by the previous owner. There is existing map. I know it will not be best suit my car but the gain is still heaps. I will try get it tuned soon. If I am not mistaken, I think I read some where it said that emanage ultimate already comes with pre-tuning map from factory. You can try it out darren hehe. Just plug it on and see if there is any improvement LOL. Dunno if its gonna kill your car though lol.

do i choose the 03-06 Accord K24? then which input do i need?
If I remember correctly, the previous owner told me the harness is for 04-05 TSX, and its air and water input. Please confirm this with Crapdaz as he has also bought one.:thumbsup:

Crapdaz
01-12-2008, 06:37 AM
I installed it myself but that was only taking of the carpet and plugging in the harness to the stock ecu and hook it up to the emanage.
Lucky mine has been tuned by the previous owner. There is existing map. I know it will not be best suit my car but the gain is still heaps. I will try get it tuned soon. If I am not mistaken, I think I read some where it said that emanage ultimate already comes with pre-tuning map from factory. You can try it out darren hehe. Just plug it on and see if there is any improvement LOL. Dunno if its gonna kill your car though lol.

If I remember correctly, the previous owner told me the harness is for 04-05 TSX, and its air and water input. Please confirm this with Crapdaz as he has also bought one.:thumbsup:

yeh i will but it's a paint for me to hook up cause i have to disassembly the console + headunit !! hahahaha

BusterSonic12
01-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Daz, is the harness is for 04-05 TSX, and its air and water input
but mine's 2006 tho, would it still work?

Crapdaz
01-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Im getting excited by this thread now. This emanage ultimate sounds really good and workable within a reasonable price range. I do have the jtune mild flash but now im wanting more from my car. I'd love a set of mild cams and a good tune with this. Probably the VTC mod would be worthwhile as well.

We really need someone to suck it up ( like i did getting jtune first!) and ty this emanage ultimate on their mildly modded euro and report some before after dyno ATWKW figures. All this speculaiton talk is getting me frustrated.
We need some real data and results!

Crapdaz: I think this puts you in the hotseat since you have the emanage and havent done anything yet!! Make sure you get a base dyno first!
hey russ, yeh i know, but hey my intake setup is not in ideal setup atm, so until i get the bodykit installed and fitted the CAI feed pipe then i can get the Emanage ultimate tuned properly.

should still work with it as the ECU wouldn't have had extra features with it besides the trip comp.

Best to contact boomslang.us for details and ask them about it.

Check what models the original posters had.

EUR003act
01-12-2008, 02:17 PM

yep correct - get the 04-05 TSX harness (Air and Water)

the injector / ignition wiring is all the same...

i have complete wiring diagrams if someone needs them :)

Accord Basic
01-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone, I am thinking to get a ECU for my euro. this is my mod.
GruppeM short RAM intake
5 zigen exhaust
hi flow metal cat (to be installed)
ORC clutch (to be installed)
Comptech header or TADA header (in the future).
Please advise.

Crapdaz
01-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone, I am thinking to get a ECU for my euro. this is my mod.
GruppeM short RAM intake
5 zigen exhaust
hi flow metal cat (to be installed)
ORC clutch (to be installed)
Comptech header or TADA header (in the future).
Please advise.
what exactly are you asking?

if your getting any more performance parts then i recommend the tuning part is the last thing you'd ever do.

Accord Basic
01-12-2008, 02:55 PM
yes, but all of that will be installed in this month. then I can get it tune if i know what ECU to suit and where to do the tuning. Thanks

BusterSonic12
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
is it possible to save the map onto PC and transfer to other people to upload it to their e manage to use? is there happen to be a forum talking about tuning e manage ultimate?

btw, picking up a greddy e manage ultimate today, but need to save up for the wiring tho HAHAHA

MiSloVic
02-12-2008, 10:09 AM
is it possible to save the map onto PC and transfer to other people to upload it to their e manage to use? is there happen to be a forum talking about tuning e manage ultimate?

yes, if your setup is the same.. the map can be saved into a PC file and imported into the other car.

Crapdaz
02-12-2008, 10:41 AM
yes, if your setup is the same.. the map can be saved into a PC file and imported into the other car.
The reason why it is not recommended to share tuning is because each car/modder will have different modification setups, so it's better to have it tuned to your car spec rather than in similiar spec to hondata reflash how its a one app fit all.

aaronng
02-12-2008, 11:10 AM
If the tune is aggresive at 8/10, then you might be ok sharing maps with the same parts. But if the tune was extracting 10/10 of the power where there is very little room for error, then sharing the map is not advisable.

Crapdaz
02-12-2008, 11:15 AM
hm.... yeh it sounds alright to do.

But unless you base it on two cars who have different mods and have initial dyno baseline, then apply the tune and see the difference. No one will ever know if it is advantageous or not.

EUR003act
02-12-2008, 04:37 PM
If the tune is aggresive at 8/10, then you might be ok sharing maps with the same parts. But if the tune was extracting 10/10 of the power where there is very little room for error, then sharing the map is not advisable.

^^^ agreed....

id only run someone else tune with a wideband o2 sensor monitoring your fueling levels...

BusterSonic12
02-12-2008, 09:13 PM
just picked up the emanage ultimate.

Crapdaz
02-12-2008, 09:15 PM
just picked up the emanage ultimate.
how much for? PM me.

BusterSonic12
02-12-2008, 09:18 PM
how much for? Pm me.

$675.

Crapdaz
02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
nice.... used and abused or brand new?

BusterSonic12
02-12-2008, 09:39 PM
nice.... used and abused or brand new?

i bought it from a member on clubitr, but it is brandnew, still had wrapping and stickers and everything on it, no finger print on it at all :D i need to save up for the wiring now :eek:
also, just wondering where do you guys mount your emanage? photos?

Crapdaz
03-12-2008, 06:25 AM
i bought it from a member on clubitr, but it is brandnew, still had wrapping and stickers and everything on it, no finger print on it at all :D i need to save up for the wiring now :eek:
also, just wondering where do you guys mount your emanage? photos?

haven't mounted mine best to PM kitbkk
but if i were to i would mount mine on the passenger side near the foot next to the console wall exterior next to where the ECU is meant to go cause at least that would give you room to tuck the greddy harness as it's about 50cm long.

kitbkk
03-12-2008, 09:55 AM
I put mine in the glovebox. I found the harness was annoying taking the space behind the ecu. Gotta remove the ecu wire mounting as well.

Crapdaz
03-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I put mine in the glovebox. I found the harness was annoying taking the space behind the ecu. Gotta remove the ecu wire mounting as well.
Reason for me to have it there is cause i have my EDFC cabling tucked in there cause there is no other space i can hide it.

aaronng
03-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Reason for me to have it there is cause i have my EDFC cabling tucked in there cause there is no other space i can hide it.

I have mine on both sides of the center compartment. muahaha.

tron07
03-12-2008, 02:33 PM
You can probably put it under the carpet at the passenger footwell... I used to put huge passives crossovers there....

Crapdaz
03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
You can probably put it under the carpet at the passenger footwell... I used to put huge passives crossovers there....
you can but it'll be bulky as it's alot of cable and thick.

tron07
04-12-2008, 07:30 AM
you can but it'll be bulky as it's alot of cable and thick.

my passives are huge, and the speakers wires are way thicker and more.... not to mention the car is a lot smaller then the Euro :p

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2448/161/6117580039_medium.jpg

Crapdaz
04-12-2008, 07:38 AM
my cables for EDFC is about half a 1din HU (cable tied together) and incl the greddy harness its like 2cm thick x 50cm long

yeh rofl they are massive.

my passives are huge, and the speakers wires are way thicker and more.... not to mention the car is a lot smaller then the Euro :p

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2448/161/6117580039_medium.jpg

aaronng
04-12-2008, 08:08 AM
my cables for EDFC is about half a 1din HU (cable tied together) and incl the greddy harness its like 2cm thick x 50cm long

yeh rofl they are massive.

EDFC wiring is thin. Don't tie them together, have them in 2 bundles instead so that it sits flatter under the carpet.

Crapdaz
04-12-2008, 08:15 AM
EDFC wiring is thin. Don't tie them together, have them in 2 bundles instead so that it sits flatter under the carpet.
yeh should hahaha will do it when i put my greddy in.

tron07
04-12-2008, 08:18 AM
I am not too sure what sort of cable is involve in ECUs and if there are susceptible to interference or not... I would prefer to shield them and not bind them together as wires then to generate EMF even though very minor, and bundling wires together then to amplify them. In highend audio these noise are noticable. So I would assume that in ECU, noise is not good too....

Crapdaz
04-12-2008, 09:41 AM
I am not too sure what sort of cable is involve in ECUs and if there are susceptible to interference or not... I would prefer to shield them and not bind them together as wires then to generate EMF even though very minor, and bundling wires together then to amplify them. In highend audio these noise are noticable. So I would assume that in ECU, noise is not good too....
the harness already has a shield mesh around it so shouldn't be too bad, but i get what you mean.

Well in doing so when i do put it in i won't be cabling it together with other cables but just have it free.

kitbkk
11-12-2008, 07:36 PM
getting the car tuned tomorrow!

felixd
11-12-2008, 07:42 PM
:D cant wait for the result !hey video record the dyno aswell if u can pls :)

kitbkk
11-12-2008, 11:12 PM
hehe cant get a video record coz....1st thing I dont have anything that can record a video..2nd I wont be there the whole time..
Im gonna leave my car with Chasers for a whole day. They said they will charge it per hours of tuning. This is because they have already got the maps of Tommy's euro there and they will only charge $120-150 per hour. And they also said they wont need to work on it longer than 2 hours. Seems to be really good. Ill ask them about dyno sheet before and after. Ill report back here once its done.

Crapdaz
12-12-2008, 06:50 AM
hehe cant get a video record coz....1st thing I dont have anything that can record a video..2nd I wont be there the whole time..
Im gonna leave my car with Chasers for a whole day. They said they will charge it per hours of tuning. This is because they have already got the maps of Tommy's euro there and they will only charge $120-150 per hour. And they also said they wont need to work on it longer than 2 hours. Seems to be really good. Ill ask them about dyno sheet before and after. Ill report back here once its done.

good work Toda does it for $500....

johnprocter
12-12-2008, 11:12 AM
$500 per hour?? or just $500 for the tune and dyno?

Crapdaz
12-12-2008, 11:31 AM
$500 per hour?? or just $500 for the tune and dyno?

they didn't give me a time frame but they just told me $500.
So i am assuming all up.

I should contact them and ask again.

kitbkk
12-12-2008, 12:28 PM
This place, Chasers in Melb charged the original poster and ALN $500 each for install and dyno tune. Mine is lucky cos I told them those guys have been there and my emanage has also been tuned by them.

Crapdaz
12-12-2008, 01:03 PM
This place, Chasers in Melb charged the original poster and ALN $500 each for install and dyno tune. Mine is lucky cos I told them those guys have been there and my emanage has also been tuned by them.

any news from them?

kitbkk
12-12-2008, 01:42 PM
picking up the car wooo hooooo!

kitbkk
12-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Just got back home LOL.
good news first, I only paid $150 for it.. so I think it is alright.
bad news, it only runs 127.3kw. LOL

First thing when I picked it up, the lights came on. They were the triangle with ! sign (VSA), VSA (actually letters), handbrake (even though it's off), and ABS lights were on. I was a bit worried about them but was told they would go away once I drive the car for a few minutes as the computer needed resetting. Once I drove it a bit they did actually go, no more warning lights. (YAY!)

I did'nt drive it hard on the way home coz it was raining today. So I dont know about improvements yet.

I did not have dyno result of my car without e-manage ultimate as I installed it with maps of Tommy (Thread starter). After tuning, it only pulls 127.3kw, 2 kws more than before tune (with Tommy's maps). But the dyno curves in the lower range and mid range show improvement after tune both HP and torque. Ill post the graph when I can get an access to a scanner LOL. Hopefully tonight.

I guess my numbers could be compared to CL9-K24A3 (Tommy) and ALN (Andrew)'s numbers since all of our cars have been tuned at the same place, same dyno.

My car (2005 Auto Euro Luxury):
Skunk2 Racing catback
Comptech header
Injen CAI
NGK Iridium EX spark plug
Rims:Amistad Rotino SP2 (Japan) 19 inch
(Weight:approx 12 kg/wheels)

ALN's car (2003/2004 Manual euro):
Fujitsubo catback
Comptech header
High flow cat
64mm TB
Clutch and Flywheels
Comptech ice box
NGK iridium EX spark plug
Mugen Thermostat
Rims:SSR (Japan) 19 inch
(Weight:??? slightly lighter than mine)
These are the current result from the dyno machine:

My car before tuned got around 103kw and after 114.4 kw.
ALN's car before tuned got around 114 kw and after 125.7 kw.

I can say that the result on the dyno graph read very low.Then the tuner itself said to me that dont refer to the number on our dyno machine.he said that the machine read very low.

There is one EP3 Type R, he got 124.? kw and at autosalon he got 134.? kw.so the tuner said that approx we add more around 7-10kw on our dyno result.when we have time, we will dyno our car again.

my performance mods
Greddy E-manage Ultimate and harness
Injen CAI
Fujitsubo Cat-back
Toda header
Random Tech Cat
UR Pulleys

ORC Clutch and Flywheel kit
Wheels running: Heavy 19" 12kg VIP wannabe rims. LOL:p
Running 127.3kw...
No more modding LOL:o

kitbkk
12-12-2008, 04:01 PM
ok. finally got it.
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/4417/scandx9.jpg

EUR003act
12-12-2008, 04:36 PM
ok. finally got it.
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/4417/scandx9.jpg

damn thats an awesome improvement on the midrange!!

mine looks more like:

........__
......./
....../
___/

lol 127kw atw is pretty damn awesome buddy! itd be one of the higher powered euros on here!

congrats!

Accord Basic
12-12-2008, 04:41 PM
kitbkk, is your car a LUX model? any electronic functions not working? e.g. cruise control, a/c, etc.... Thanks

EUR003act
12-12-2008, 04:46 PM
kitbkk, is your car a LUX model? any electronic functions not working? e.g. cruise control, a/c, etc.... Thanks

i can answer this - lol everything stills works perfectly...

emanage only controls/alters the ignition / injectors / vtec / map sensor* / throttle sensor*

the stock ECU still runs everything else as normal... this applies on both LUX and standard models...

*note: if chosen

Crapdaz
12-12-2008, 04:52 PM
yeh nice figure even mine mildly modded isn't that gr8....

but then again different day....etc.... reckon the toda headers make a major difference though hahaha...

Accord Basic
12-12-2008, 04:56 PM
as the Hondata K-pro will be turn off the Cruise control function. is the K-pro better then Emanage Ultamite

EUR003act
12-12-2008, 05:00 PM
as the Hondata K-pro will be turn off the Cruise control function. is the K-pro better then Emanage Ultamite

yes k-pro is better in the sense that it allows complete control over the engine... so you'd be able to extract some more power...

however, its more expensive... and you need to source a k20 ecu to run the kpro chip in, and then find someone to make up a piggy back harness for you... (or buy the whole kit from hondata once its realesed?)

not sure with running the piggy back ecu if youd loose cruise? youd have to ask euroaccord13...

Accord Basic
12-12-2008, 05:04 PM
many thanks. I might get the Ultimate as well. as I have my budget and dont want to loose my curise control function.

EUR003act
12-12-2008, 05:09 PM
many thanks. I might get the Ultimate as well. as I have my budget and dont want to loose my curise control function.

unless you planning on changing your valve train (ie: cams / dual springs) or doing internals... i cant see the benefit in the extra money for kpro...

dont get me wrong... i would LOOOOOOVE kpro in my euro... but its alot of work, and i dont want to loose luxury functions...

Accord Basic
12-12-2008, 05:14 PM
yes me too. and also the approved the ultimate work well. don't want to do all research again and get the same output. My LSD & Toda header is coming (custom). May be install next week with ORC clutch kit. hehehe....

kitbkk
12-12-2008, 05:53 PM
I thought mine would make at least 130+ LOL. I hope it will be more fun to drive once its not raining anymore outside lol.

its lux model and everything still works!

felixd
12-12-2008, 07:04 PM
WOW nice result :)

Crapdaz
13-12-2008, 07:52 AM
I thought mine would make at least 130+ LOL. I hope it will be more fun to drive once its not raining anymore outside lol.

damn and your still pulling 14kw more than i am hahahah

EUR003act
14-12-2008, 12:56 PM
for the guys following the emanage thread on tsxclub.com... lmao at americans stupidity! :p

ALN
16-12-2008, 12:08 AM

I think you would get 130 + kw on different dyno, Kit. Since few months before, I got ecu tuned at chasers, I constantly got 123-124 kw at wheels at Protek and Re Custom same with Tommy's car, seemed to manage difference between 8-10 kw in comparison to Chasers's.

What was the temp on the day, when they tuned the car? We were at 38-41 degree. Anyway it was a good result you got. :thumbsup:

kitbkk
16-12-2008, 12:52 AM
yo andrew! nice to see you here. hope everything goes well in indo!

i think it was about 20-25 degree when my car was getting tuned. so i guess if it was hot like urs my car would be pulling about the same or less hehe.:p

car now responds heaps better!
driving hard with 3 people in the car (me 85kg, my gf 47kg and my brother 115kg) feels like only driving with my gf only LOL...

driving with traction control on, when redlining from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd, VCA light blinks like I think 3-4 times.. where as before tune it only came on like longer and only blink once..

as the ultimate cannot control VTC, will running say buddyclub N+ cams give reasonable gain? From what I read with stock cams, max 45 degree VTC is still safe. But with more aggressive cams, I heard we do not really need higher degree VTC as it will not be safe.
or is machining the VTC mechanism to 45 worth the risk? Will I need engine management to control it? Im so noob with this LOL

Chris_F
16-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Nice result on the dyno kit. Looks like the retune really helped the midrange.

You will still get some gains with cams but on the K-series being able to tune the VTC really does make a difference. Personally I wouldn't run aftermarket cams with the ultimate, I'd prefer to have something that can tune the fuel/ignition more accurately aswell as the VTC.

I'm going to try the stock cams with the 50 degree VTC once I've sorted out an ECU.

kitbkk
16-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Ill give it a miss then..
with those ECU like K-pro and Vipec, what is the chance of VTC slippage? I have read a thread on k20a forums there was a guy who ran a dc5r(I think) VTC mechanism and k-pro with k24a engine. The VTC slipped for only a split of secs and he blew his motor lol. I heard running a machined 45 degree stock VTC is more safe?

JunYu
16-12-2008, 05:50 AM
me 85kg, my gf 47kg and my brother 115kg

so she IS your gf! haha you lied!

EUR003act
16-12-2008, 06:25 AM
with those ECU like K-pro and Vipec, what is the chance of VTC slippage? I have read a thread on k20a forums there was a guy who ran a dc5r(I think) VTC mechanism and k-pro with k24a engine. The VTC slipped for only a split of secs and he blew his motor lol. I heard running a machined 45 degree stock VTC is more safe?

yeah a few guys in the states have had piston to valve contact from running 50degree of VTC... not sure what advance they were running at what rpm... but id be careful...

Suntzu
16-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Be real interesting to see what gains can be had with stock cams, bolts ons and a safe 45 deg VTC....

kitbkk
16-12-2008, 09:59 AM
so she IS your gf! haha you lied!

bah! shes not man. its easier to type gf than a women friend. LOL

curik
17-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Nice to see those gains kit! Too bad my euro is now gone otherwise we can do a comparison. I went the easy way to get more power by replacing it with a 2.7 V6 TT lol!

Crapdaz
17-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Nice to see those gains kit! Too bad my euro is now gone otherwise we can do a comparison. I went the easy way to get more power by replacing it with a 2.7 V6 TT lol!

damn made of money curik!!
hahahahha

when time comes around, new cars will always be FTW.

Madiaks
19-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi,

i`m Chris from Germany and i`m looking for a long time to tune the Accord til i found this ;) We also got the Euro Accord.

I allready searched and looked to different threads, but i still got some questions (maybe my english is to bad...)

If i use the Ultimate and V-Manage is it possible to run aftermarket cams like Skunk2 Stage 1, or better can i tune a Type-R K20 Head with these combination or Turbo?

What is the different between VTC and Vtec engagement, sorry i never heard of...

Is there a way to raise the rev limit? We here in Germany got a 7200 rpm limit and that sucks!!!!!!

Will it also work on the Facelift?

Will it also work on the CL7 (not the Euro-R) it`s the K20A6 powered 147hp version?

Is it always the same harness (TSX 04-05, air & water) that i need?

Will the K-Pro Dual ECU work?
If yes could i use all standalone which can handle the K-Series i-Vtec, example an Haltech, Motec ect for engine controlling and the stock ecu the rest.
Do i need also a refresh ecu to usw the K-Pro?

Many many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

free2d
20-12-2008, 04:23 AM
same thought. wanting to get toda a3 with ultimate combo.

BusterSonic12
03-01-2009, 10:40 PM
yep correct - get the 04-05 TSX harness (Air and Water)

the injector / ignition wiring is all the same...

i have complete wiring diagrams if someone needs them :)

:p finally saved up enough to purchase the wiring harness from Boomslang :thumbsup: I have ordered the 04-05 TSX harness (air & water), and i have a 2006 euro, and you guys said it fits right =)

how long did it take you guys to get your hands on them? i went with the cheaper $15US postage option since i'm not in total hurry :cool:

Crapdaz
04-01-2009, 12:52 AM
couple of weeks say 2weeks or more....

sodaz
04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Have you guys got pictures of what it looks like installed? I'm contemplating on getting it in the near future but I've got to make sure it's stealthy (cause parents can be in the car). My car's got quite a few mods already so it should give me a fair bit more power.

kitbkk
04-01-2009, 11:00 PM
mines in the glove box so you cant see anything LOL

Chris_F
05-01-2009, 01:35 PM

As far as I know the VTC voltage spike/slippage is a quirk of the Kpro ecu. ECU's like Motec and Vipec shouldn't have this problem, but you'd need to ask an experienced tuner about it to be sure. That's what I'll be doing ;)

kitbkk
05-01-2009, 02:27 PM
dayum! keep us updated please chris! LOL

EUR003act
05-01-2009, 04:04 PM
As far as I know the VTC voltage spike/slippage is a quirk of the Kpro ecu. ECU's like Motec and Vipec shouldn't have this problem, but you'd need to ask an experienced tuner about it to be sure. That's what I'll be doing ;)

i have a 50degree VTC wheel if you want to purchase one :)

and as for the slippage, yes ive heard of that too, IMO its much safer having it mechanically fixed at a max of 45degree...

Chris_F
05-01-2009, 04:14 PM
i have a 50degree VTC wheel if you want to purchase one :)

and as for the slippage, yes ive heard of that too, IMO its much safer having it mechanically fixed at a max of 45degree...

pm sent about the VTC ;)

it's definitely much safer with the 45 degree VTC. The only problem is finding a trustworthy place to get the 25 degree vtc gear machined.

The funny thing is, you can buy aggressive aftermarket cams that are safe with the full 50 degrees. It makes me wonder how dangerous it really is with the OEM cams.

EUR003act
05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
pm sent about the VTC ;)

it's definitely much safer with the 45 degree VTC. The only problem is finding a trustworthy place to get the 25 degree vtc gear machined.

The funny thing is, you can buy aggressive aftermarket cams that are safe with the full 50 degrees. It makes me wonder how dangerous it really is with the OEM cams.

majority of those cams tho are made for the K20 tho, to my knowledge they have larger valve reliefs... on the K24 the piston to valve clearance is pretty small, which is were the 50* VTC comes into issues...

sodaz
05-01-2009, 04:31 PM
mines in the glove box so you cant see anything LOL

That's pretty good. Can you tell me how big the control unit box is physically? So you drilled a few holes in the glove box to let the wires through?

Chris_F
05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
majority of those cams tho are made for the K20 tho, to my knowledge they have larger valve reliefs... on the K24 the piston to valve clearance is pretty small, which is were the 50* VTC comes into issues...

Yea that's true, the k20's do have more room to play with.

This is taken from the IPS website (http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/news.html):

IPS-K2 compatibility for use with K24A2 (TSX) confirmed. Piston to valve clearance @ 50 degrees VTC advance = 0.030". We suggest imposing max advance of 45 degrees through software. Clearances were taken using RSX-S VTC sprocket. TSX VTC sprocket has mechanical limitation of 25 degrees max advance.

They still suggest a 45 degree limit through software which will be possible with a good standalone ecu. The majority of cam manufacturers that mention max VTC usually say to limit it via software. Though mechanical limits are always safer...

It'd be good if you could buy an off the shelf 45 degree VTC gear.

kitbkk
05-01-2009, 09:35 PM
That's pretty good. Can you tell me how big the control unit box is physically? So you drilled a few holes in the glove box to let the wires through?
I think its about 15cm x 10cm in length and width and about 2 cm thickness. Only guesstimate though. No drills need to be done at all. Once you hook the plug and play harness from boomslang to you ECU, put back the carpet to cover the harness, pull the harness through the back of the glove box. There is a gap smaller than a fist size. Then plug the other end of harness to your emanage. Easy easy! Everything goes in neat. You cant even see any part of the harness uncovered. Then I lock my glove box so no one will play with it lol.

sodaz
06-01-2009, 12:20 AM
I think its about 15cm x 10cm in length and width and about 2 cm thickness. Only guesstimate though. No drills need to be done at all. Once you hook the plug and play harness from boomslang to you ECU, put back the carpet to cover the harness, pull the harness through the back of the glove box. There is a gap smaller than a fist size. Then plug the other end of harness to your emanage. Easy easy! Everything goes in neat. You cant even see any part of the harness uncovered. Then I lock my glove box so no one will play with it lol.

Awesome. Thanks for the detailed info! :thumbsup:

BusterSonic12
13-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Has anyone got a map for intake + exhaust to share? the wiring harness will arrive this week =) so just wanna try it out first.

Then maybe later this month, i going to get a header for it then get it all tuned together then. Thinking of the Toda ones since i hear all those good feedback from you guys.

johnprocter
13-01-2009, 02:15 PM
yeah but toda are fkn expensive!! i put on dc sports headers and j's racing single outlet titanium exhaust and it feels like a new car!

BusterSonic12
13-01-2009, 02:24 PM
yeah but toda are fkn expensive!! i put on dc sports headers and j's racing single outlet titanium exhaust and it feels like a new car!

yah. but from responses that i read, the gain from the headers alone is much better than intake + exhaust together. at the moment my budget for the header is around 2-2.5k.

At the moment, i have a injen cai and greddy evo2 catback. someone please share me a map to test with :eek:

Crapdaz
13-01-2009, 02:36 PM
yah. but from responses that i read, the gain from the headers alone is much better than intake + exhaust together. at the moment my budget for the header is around 2-2.5k.

At the moment, i have a injen cai and greddy evo2 catback. someone please share me a map to test with :eek:
are you tuning it yourself?

BusterSonic12
13-01-2009, 06:08 PM
are you tuning it yourself?

i'm noob lol~!! i can't even use the computer properly except just surfing on ozhonda :p i'm think i will go to toda since that's i'm planning to get their headers + adrian knows his stuff.

getting clutch + flywheel for my dc5R tomorrow at toda :thumbsup:

but just before i get the header, i just wanna try out the emanage ulti, so i thought someone might have a tune similar to my mods that i can load it and try it out.

EuroAccord13
13-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Toda is a good choice and I've never looked back since I got them off Adrian..

AS for the map sharing, it might not be as beneficial as every car is different irregardless of similarities in modifications.

Crapdaz
13-01-2009, 08:02 PM
i'm noob lol~!! i can't even use the computer properly except just surfing on ozhonda :p i'm think i will go to toda since that's i'm planning to get their headers + adrian knows his stuff.

getting clutch + flywheel for my dc5R tomorrow at toda :thumbsup:

but just before i get the header, i just wanna try out the emanage ulti, so i thought someone might have a tune similar to my mods that i can load it and try it out.
yeh i might put mine in sometime this week and see what it's like on the laptop (might play around with it but am scared hahahah)

Toda is a good choice and I've never looked back since I got them off Adrian..

AS for the map sharing, it might not be as beneficial as every car is different irregardless of similarities in modifications.
agree with you TODA is priceless, that is where i am going to get mine tuned once i get my fkn intake done properly.

giant_mongrel
13-01-2009, 11:37 PM
students can't afford toda... can i point this out... lucky bastards

BusterSonic12
14-01-2009, 12:58 AM
yeh i might put mine in sometime this week and see what it's like on the laptop (might play around with it but am scared hahahah)

agree with you TODA is priceless, that is where i am going to get mine tuned once i get my fkn intake done properly.

so you got yourself a map already? but just not 100% for your car?

free2d
14-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Do you guys change cams also? Ultimate cannot adjust VTC right?
I am thinkin of getting Toda C with Ultimate. Any advise?
Thanks

Chris_F
14-01-2009, 07:08 AM
if you're going with aggressive cams, you should get a better ecu than this IMO

Vi-pec v88 or Hondata K-pro

Crapdaz
14-01-2009, 03:12 PM
so you got yourself a map already? but just not 100% for your car?
no see what the program holds and how i can play with the map settings.
since mine is from factory brand new i dont think it has any settings.

BusterSonic12
15-01-2009, 09:20 PM
no see what the program holds and how i can play with the map settings.
since mine is from factory brand new i dont think it has any settings.

JUST GOT MY WIRING HARNESS TODAY!!!

hey it's all blank, nothing on it. SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE ME A MAP i soo wanna trial it out !!!

EUR003act
15-01-2009, 10:06 PM
JUST GOT MY WIRING HARNESS TODAY!!!

hey it's all blank, nothing on it. SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE ME A MAP i soo wanna trial it out !!!

sharing a map could be dangerous without shoving a sniff up its bum (o2 sensor)... you need to monitor the a/f levels to make sure its within safe parameters seeing as its not the specific tune for your vehicle..

BusterSonic12
16-01-2009, 06:58 AM
if no one has any map to share. is there any website that teach you how to play with the ultimate or maybe forums which discuss about it?

Crapdaz
16-01-2009, 07:02 AM
if no one has any map to share. is there any website that teach you how to play with the ultimate or maybe forums which discuss about it?
i found a link which was on hondatech or acurazine or something that explained it but i can't find the link atm as i am at work.

But as justin mentioned you need O2 sensor....

BusterSonic12
16-01-2009, 07:48 AM
i found a link which was on hondatech or acurazine or something that explained it but i can't find the link atm as i am at work.

linkme tonight daz!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Crapdaz
16-01-2009, 07:55 AM
are you using it for your DC5R or Euro?
buy harness for other car also so you can use on both. :p

BusterSonic12
16-01-2009, 08:03 AM
are you using it for your DC5R or Euro?
buy harness for other car also so you can use on both. :p

It's for the euro. I have the mugen n1 running on the dc5R at the moment. i soo want a map just to trial it out and see the difference :p lower vtec yo!!

tony1234
16-01-2009, 09:17 AM
It's for the euro. I have the mugen n1 running on the dc5R at the moment. i soo want a map just to trial it out and see the difference :p lower vtec yo!!
I thought you sold the euro Leon.:confused:

BusterSonic12
16-01-2009, 09:36 AM
I thought you sold the euro Leon.:confused:

a close friend got an 2006 euro in manual and we working on it together =) so it's another one, in red this time.

At the moment, it has
injen intake
greddy evo2 exhaust
tein ss coilovers
rays g game 77m rims
mugen shiftknob
mugen grille
r888 semi slicks

that's about it. and just got emanage ultimate harness so ready to be put it. thinking of header at the end of this month. probably toda.

stephen8512
16-01-2009, 09:50 AM
a close friend got an 2006 euro in manual and we working on it together =) so it's another one, in red this time.

At the moment, it has
injen intake
greddy evo2 exhaust
tein ss coilovers
rays g game 77m rims
mugen shiftknob
mugen grille
r888 semi slicks

that's about it. and just got emanage ultimate harness so ready to be put it. thinking of header at the end of this month. probably toda.

off topic, does this guy happen to go to macquarie uni? i think i saw this car around the carparks last semester?

tony1234
16-01-2009, 09:51 AM

At the moment, it has
injen intake
greddy evo2 exhaust
tein ss coilovers
rays g game 77m rims
mugen shiftknob
mugen grille
r888 semi slicks

Suggest Comptech header to your friend.i have it and it's good value for money.It bolts straight up to the factory cat.Toda is good but with our crap exchange rate too much$$$

BusterSonic12
16-01-2009, 10:24 AM
off topic, does this guy happen to go to macquarie uni? i think i saw this car around the carparks last semester?

lol yes he drive it on monday, i drive it on tuesday, and dc5R on wednesday.
STEVE!! what you doing now? you in macquarie? did u end up getting another vip project after your investment in shares?

LOL OFF TOPIC!!!

Suggest Comptech header to your friend.i have it and it's good value for money.It bolts straight up to the factory cat.Toda is good but with our crap exchange rate too much$$$

Thanks for the suggestion Tony, i will look into that. I'm still looking at my options at the moment.
Does the comptech comes with a high flowing cat?

integral90
16-01-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm with Justin... get all the parts you want on the car then get it dyno tuned, too risky otherwise

giant_mongrel
16-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Comptech header does not come with cat
high flow cats from Random Tech or custom fab Metal cat

Crapdaz
16-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Comptech header does not come with cat
high flow cats from Random Tech or custom fab Metal cat

tony said comptech bolts up to the stock cat.
toda comes with test pipe and needs cat welded to it, TODA can do it as "akina" has done it.

Yes, RT cat is ideal but is not viable with Oz $$$ sucking dogZ ballZ!! :p
Metal cat would be nice but still quite expensive too.

But if you have the money to waste then go berserk and goo for the top stuff....

tony1234
16-01-2009, 04:00 PM
lol yes he drive it on monday, i drive it on tuesday, and dc5R on wednesday.
STEVE!! what you doing now? you in macquarie? did u end up getting another vip project after your investment in shares?

LOL OFF TOPIC!!!

Thanks for the suggestion Tony, i will look into that. I'm still looking at my options at the moment.
Does the comptech comes with a high flowing cat?
Comptech comes with no cat but your mate has 06 model,from what i understand 06+has higher flowing cat than 03-05.So just use factory cat and see how you go.

EUR003act
16-01-2009, 06:37 PM

I'm with Justin... get all the parts you want on the car then get it dyno tuned, too risky otherwise

i love you guys :)

i have a site somewhere that teaches you how to street tune, but id have to look up the address... once again tho, with street tuning you still need an o2 sensor to make sure your a/f ratios stay good... :thumbsup:

as for lower vtec... its very boring... lol your dont get that awesome kick from 1st and 2nd vtec engagement... its alot more subdue...

BusterSonic12
17-01-2009, 12:33 AM
:o OH MY!! :eek:

help!!!

i pluged in all the wires and everything, then no one supplied me with a map so i just thought i will leave it stock till i get my header then get it all tuned together.

BUT for some reason, it still does something to the car. It won't let me rev pass 3000rpm, and it backfires when it hits 3000rpm.

HELP!!!! is it possible to restore back to stock? or get some map for just normal use till i get my headers.

Thanks guys :zip:

integral90
17-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Could the stock ecu have gone into limp mode but the emanage is still trying to force more air and fuel in causing the backfire at 3000rpm?

I'd disconnect the emanage straight away and disconnect the battery for a night.

BusterSonic12
17-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Could the stock ecu have gone into limp mode but the emanage is still trying to force more air and fuel in causing the backfire at 3000rpm?

I'd disconnect the emanage straight away and disconnect the battery for a night.

disconnect the emanage, can't start the car.
i think you have to disconnect the wiring harness but that takes abit of effect. any solution? is there a stock map to download or something?

EUR003act
17-01-2009, 07:44 AM
:o OH MY!! :eek:

help!!!

i pluged in all the wires and everything, then no one supplied me with a map so i just thought i will leave it stock till i get my header then get it all tuned together.

BUT for some reason, it still does something to the car. It won't let me rev pass 3000rpm, and it backfires when it hits 3000rpm.

HELP!!!! is it possible to restore back to stock? or get some map for just normal use till i get my headers.

Thanks guys :zip:

lol its in limp mode...

did you set all the dip switches inside the unit for a K24?

and you also need to make up a car "profile" telling the greddy which sensors and alterations you wanna use...

disconnecting it breaks the loop in the injectors and ignition, it wont start unless you take the whole harness out and plug in the stock wires to the ecu...

if you can wait a day or two, ill try send you a base "profile" for an accord euro so you can have it running stock :thumbsup:

BusterSonic12
17-01-2009, 07:56 AM
lol its in limp mode...

and you also need to make up a car "profile" telling the greddy which sensors and alterations you wanna use...

disconnecting it breaks the loop in the injectors and ignition, it wont start unless you take the whole harness out and plug in the stock wires to the ecu...

if you can wait a day or two, ill try send you a base "profile" for an accord euro so you can have it running stock :thumbsup:

Yep i will wait :thumbsup: Thanks mate.
pm sent.
No idea what's dip switches... i'm noob

ALSO my dc5R's battery is totally flat :eek: what a bad timing LOL what's a good battery and where to get it?

Crapdaz
17-01-2009, 08:34 AM
lol its in limp mode...

send me one to juztin!!! thanks.... add me on msn, look at my email address on contact me.

EUR003act
17-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Yep i will wait :thumbsup: Thanks mate.
pm sent.
No idea what's dip switches... i'm noob

ALSO my dc5R's battery is totally flat :eek: what a bad timing LOL what's a good battery and where to get it?

send me one to juztin!!! thanks.... add me on msn, look at my email address on contact me.

added both of you... ill try make the map tomorrow... im guessing your both 6sp manual?

ill program in a manual throttle position voltage, but if you know how to add your own into the profile, prob best to do that once you get the map... just makes the partion throttle mapping more acurate...

as for the dip switches, i think i have a list of what positions they need to be in, ill post that up too :thumbsup:

oh, both running air and water inputs?

BusterSonic12
17-01-2009, 05:11 PM
added both of you... ill try make the map tomorrow... im guessing your both 6sp manual?

ill program in a manual throttle position voltage, but if you know how to add your own into the profile, prob best to do that once you get the map... just makes the partion throttle mapping more acurate...

as for the dip switches, i think i have a list of what positions they need to be in, ill post that up too :thumbsup:

oh, both running air and water inputs?

alright thanks!!! yes!

free2d
17-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Are you guys using Ultimate with aftermarket cams? How is the VTC?
Thx

johnprocter
17-01-2009, 05:20 PM
na they arent just I/H/E and RBC intake manifold some of them i assume?

BusterSonic12
01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
I have finally gotten my E-manage Ultimate connected and updated. Also a stock map to run on it :thumbsup: helps from the member on OH. I'm about ready to test it out, but I want to make sure the jumpers on the inside are set correctly for my euro.

Could anyone post a picture or directions on how they need to be set?

EUR003act
01-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I have finally gotten my E-manage Ultimate connected and updated. Also a stock map to run on it :thumbsup: helps from the member on OH. I'm about ready to test it out, but I want to make sure the jumpers on the inside are set correctly for my euro.

Could anyone post a picture or directions on how they need to be set?

hey buddy,

i got your email about the jumpers... im still trying to find where i wrote it down lol

BusterSonic12
04-02-2009, 10:09 PM
hey buddy,

i got your email about the jumpers... im still trying to find where i wrote it down lol

any luck? i thought more people on OH uses emanage ultimate :(

hooyn
05-02-2009, 11:18 PM
na they arent just I/H/E and RBC intake manifold some of them i assume?

what header and cat do u have ?

johnprocter
06-02-2009, 12:03 AM
what header and cat do u have ?

dc sports header and stock cat lol... dont think they can weld a stainless steel cat onto a titanium catback?? or is it just bolt on?

BusterSonic12
06-02-2009, 12:56 AM
dc sports header and stock cat lol... dont think they can weld a stainless steel cat onto a titanium catback?? or is it just bolt on?

do you use the emanage ultimate? do you know the jumper setting?

EUR003act
06-02-2009, 05:45 AM
do you use the emanage ultimate? do you know the jumper setting?

lol hey buddy, i cant find the sheet i had writen it down on, but ill work them out at work either today or tomorrow for ya :D

BusterSonic12
06-02-2009, 06:52 AM
lol hey buddy, i cant find the sheet i had writen it down on, but ill work them out at work either today or tomorrow for ya :D

Thanks!!

.QD
07-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey Leon, I thought you got rid of your Euro?

EUR003act
08-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks!!

Greddy Emanage Ultimate jumper settings (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2114195&postcount=571)

all my work on finding the settings, so no stealing my thunder! lol

enkay
08-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey Leon, I thought you got rid of your Euro?

lol same

did u get a red euro(leon)?? lol saw one parked outside your house wen i went to my grandmas

.QD
08-02-2009, 01:11 PM
i think that's his mates car. red euro with mugen grill?

aaronng
08-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Dynoing the car soon?

EUR003act
08-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Dynoing the car soon?

im guessing your talking to me? lol

ive still got heaps of stuff to do... and im too busy with work.. so maybe in a couple of months :(

BusterSonic12
08-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Greddy Emanage Ultimate jumper settings (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2114195&postcount=571)

all my work on finding the settings, so no stealing my thunder! lol

thanks, it's awesome. the light is solid green now :thumbsup: but engine check light is on, is that normal for the e manage ultimate?

johnprocter
08-02-2009, 07:27 PM
i think that goes away after u drive around for awhile

Crapdaz
08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
check engine light has something to do with your cat so your o2 sensors, but give it a test drive and see how it goes.

Crapdaz
17-04-2009, 06:03 PM
UPDATE: I spoke with Justin and confirmed that his and my Emanage are slightly different.

I have an extra jumper which is JP21 - Injector Input/Output (jumper configures injector input/output signal); Set to 1-2 when using injector adj map to trim and add fuel, set to OPEN if you want to ADD ONLY.

free2d
23-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Can Ultimate remove rev cut and speed limiter?

integral90
24-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Can Ultimate remove rev cut and speed limiter?

Euro doesn't have speed cut, and from what I've heard, I'm 99% sure it WON'T remove rev cut.

BusterSonic12
24-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Euro doesn't have speed cut, and from what I've heard, I'm 99% sure it WON'T remove rev cut.

what can we buy to remove the speed cut apart from standalone ecu?

integral90
24-04-2009, 12:24 PM
what can we buy to remove the speed cut apart from standalone ecu?

There is no speed cut (from my 'testing'), only rev cut. There's some confusion as to whether the car's rev cut is a typical fuel cut, or the throttle body closing as well.

When I hit rev cut in the Euro though it feels much too jerky and quick to be the throttle body opening and closing. So I think there may be hope of increasing redline with a SA ecu.

EuroAccord13
24-04-2009, 03:46 PM
A few K24s in Singapore and Malaysia have had their RPM cut out increased to 8000RPM with no issues, be mindful that this is on a long stroke engine as well....

aaronng
24-04-2009, 05:51 PM
A few K24s in Singapore and Malaysia have had their RPM cut out increased to 8000RPM with no issues, be mindful that this is on a long stroke engine as well....

Ask them again after 40000km. hehehehe

EuroAccord13
25-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Ask them again after 40000km. hehehehe

Don't need to, they track at Pasir Gudang and Sepang very regularly...

integral90
26-04-2009, 11:00 AM

How did they do this, with a SA ecu?

Also would it be possible, say for me hypothetically. To swap a K20A ecu into the Euro (as I've been told all the sensors are the same) and then piggy-back an Emanage or something similar onto it?

Accord Basic
28-04-2009, 05:56 PM
anyone know any shop can do ECU tunning for euro in Perth? Thanks

Chris_F
28-04-2009, 07:18 PM
How did they do this, with a SA ecu?

Also would it be possible, say for me hypothetically. To swap a K20A ecu into the Euro (as I've been told all the sensors are the same) and then piggy-back an Emanage or something similar onto it?

The sensors will be the same but the pinouts in the ecu will be wired differently. So no you can't do that.

You can piggy-back an e-manage ultimate onto the stock ecu anyway so theres no need for the k20a ecu.

aaronng
28-04-2009, 08:20 PM
The sensors will be the same but the pinouts in the ecu will be wired differently. So no you can't do that.

You can piggy-back an e-manage ultimate onto the stock ecu anyway so theres no need for the k20a ecu.

He wants to raise the rev limit, so emanage ultimate won't do that.

Chris_F
28-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Ah I see... doing something like that would be more trouble than it's worth IMO. For similar money you could probably pickup a k-pro dual.

defibros
29-04-2009, 01:16 AM
anyone know any shop can do ECU tunning for euro in Perth? Thanks

maybe X speed?

xxb4xx
30-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Hey guys,

I put money in it, that with an obd-II cable and free tuning software you can do this all with the oem ecu..

I had my b4 running 22psi and a speed cut of 300km all through the oem ecu..

My get a cable for the Honda and start fiddling around, especially with the vtec ANC rev limiter

integral90
30-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey guys,

I put money in it, that with an obd-II cable and free tuning software you can do this all with the oem ecu..

I had my b4 running 22psi and a speed cut of 300km all through the oem ecu..

My get a cable for the Honda and start fiddling around, especially with the vtec ANC rev limiter

I doubt the same would apply for a new Honda. The Euro's ECU is a fierce dictator :p