PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

tekung89
23-11-2007, 09:52 AM
im making my own 2.5'' exhaust system and i was wondering, if i have a small section like 15cm long on the dump that is 1.5'' will that effect my whole exhaust system heavily? or will my 2.5'' still give me an increase of power. i am half finished and i stuck my exhaust on jus for a quicker to see how it would be, :thumbsup: definately felt a power gain, but how much would i be losing if 15cm of the pipe is 1.5''

DLO01
23-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Yeh, I'd get rid of the 1.5 inch part if you can and make it 2.5 all the way.

turbo convert
23-11-2007, 11:06 AM
less restriction the better to flow out the turbine gases!

RedVTi
23-11-2007, 11:29 AM
im making my own 2.5'' exhaust system and i was wondering, if i have a small section like 15cm long on the dump that is 1.5'' will that effect my whole exhaust system heavily? or will my 2.5'' still give me an increase of power. i am half finished and i stuck my exhaust on jus for a quicker to see how it would be, :thumbsup: definately felt a power gain, but how much would i be losing if 15cm of the pipe is 1.5''

That would effectively make your whole system become 1.5" with that bottleneck:(. Can you suck fast with a straw if it has a kink? No.

It will still be better than stock though.

Do a proper work and don't be lazy.

tekung89
23-11-2007, 12:36 PM
yeh thought so, dw i'll get to it. thanks for the advice

TODA AU
26-11-2007, 11:25 PM

If the 1.5" section is directly aft of the turbine outlet and the turbine is no larger than 1.5".
It will work just fine, so long as if you have the wastegate ported in another pipe untill the system gets larger again.
That said,
If your turbine wheel exducer is larger than 1.5", you'll need pipe size that matches it as a minimum.

If the 1.5" section is simpley added somewhere allong the exhaust where is is larger before & after the smaller section.
This is bad... You're better of to lose it.

rnbguy
30-11-2007, 10:42 AM
man i wish i knew how to make a 2.5" exhaust myself, make me one ill buy it off you :P