PDA

View Full Version : Hissing sound when pressing brake?

aaronx88
23-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi all,

Today my car just develop this hissing sound (like leaking air) whenever I press or let go of the brake pedal. The brake still works as per normal currently. Any idea what it is and whether if it is dangerous to continue driving the car?

Will be calling to the dealer tmr and make an appointment.

Thanks.

Aaron

Rice_4_life
23-11-2007, 09:54 PM
never had a case like this before, but if it hisses when depressed I'm thinking maybe the booster? Just guessing. But yeah best to get it the the mechs and get them to do a full check up on the problem it may get worse

The-Genesis
24-11-2007, 02:37 AM
ha the same problem with my old euro (auto) but i traded it in for a manual tourer.. when i was gona my family trashed it, dont kno what they did do it lol.

one4spl
24-11-2007, 05:45 AM
The booster is powered by vacuum, i.e. air. My suggestion is that it’s always sounded like that and you’ve never noticed before. Albeit if you can hear it over the rest of the car when braking on the road (not just pumping the pedal when stopped) then maybe it’s got something wrong with it.

aaronx88
27-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to keep everyone updated.

Went back to the dealer and the foreman says it is the booster working normally . We even went to another Euro and the hissing sound occurs in that Euro as well. The strange thing is I'm quite sensitive to noise and I've not heard this in the last 2++ years I had the car (including my spouse and my brother in law). This noise would be very noticeable if you turn off the radio and press on the brake. (sounds like a foot air pump).

Guess I've got nothing to worry about. Just wondering if other car is also like this. Cheerssss.

Aaron

one4spl
27-11-2007, 03:53 PM
My suggestion is that it’s always sounded like that and you’ve never noticed before.

Can I get a "hell yeah"?!

xntrik
27-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Isnt this normal.
Usually would be louder breaking at high speed, or really lightly pressing it at a speedlimit.

panda[cRx]
27-11-2007, 04:16 PM
it's perfectly normal, u can hear it on most of the current range

aaronx88
27-11-2007, 08:22 PM
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

This one is for you one4spl :thumbsup:

aaronng
27-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Mine has made that same sound since day one from 2004. It's a "PFFFFFFT" sound and it's normal.