PDA

View Full Version : for sale?

AC
15-08-2004, 09:06 PM
like then new forum design but for some reason i don't have the for sale section. do we still have this?>?

G33K
15-08-2004, 09:25 PM
i was wondering the exact same thing! lol

wynode
15-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Its a permission thing.....give me a few mintues

EK_coupe
15-08-2004, 09:30 PM
same with me, i can't seem to get the marketplace section.

wynode
15-08-2004, 09:35 PM
How's it now?

Savant
15-08-2004, 09:42 PM
yeah, can see it

EK_coupe
16-08-2004, 04:28 PM
cool, it's working now

SPEEDCORE
20-08-2004, 03:15 PM
I know it was a different topic but still related to for sale section so thought I would just tag it on the end of this instead of starting another......

What is the go with people selling goods, more specific to the Traders section and not advertising a price.... need to PM or email?

What is the stance and thoughts of admin, moderators and other forums users with regard to this topic?

If you are going to advertise products why not include a price?
I mean you ARE in the traders section.... so why not put a price up like other traders do?

Very fustrating!

Psyklops
20-08-2004, 03:21 PM
What is the go with people selling goods, more specific to the Traders section and not advertising a price.... need to PM or email?

What is the stance and thoughts of admin, moderators and other forums users with regard to this topic?

I mean you ARE in the traders section.... so why not put a price up like other traders do?

Very fustrating!
I am in agreement here...

eknine
21-08-2004, 09:57 AM
I had the same problem yesterday 20/8/04

...i vaguely remembered what i did, but i think i click on the "Thread" as in the header "Thread/Thread starter" and the all list pops down.

give it a go...maybe it will work for you, but it certainly work for me :)

wynode
21-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Not to sure I understand what you meant there Roy !?

In regards to not posting prices, it's been on my mind too and I will look into it.

eknine
21-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Not to sure I understand what you meant there Roy !?

oops....anyhow, i was online in the arvo yesterday and when i was in the
For Sale section, i can't seemed to see any threads.. as in the individual thread list...(i.e i can see everything from the thread/thread starter up and nothing from the thread/thread starter down - the stickies, etc was missing)

what i did was click on the thread/thread starter and the list came popping down... the right was what i saw prior and i resolve to see the list on the left pix :)

wynode
21-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Ahh ok.......that's just the thread sorting column. Be default it should be sorted by date.

Anyways, the original post was because people couldn't even see the forums (a persmission thing) that has been fixed now.

eknine
21-08-2004, 01:09 PM
my bad... thought that i had the same problem with them ;)

eknine
21-08-2004, 01:17 PM

the price thing...my 2 cents is this.

say Seller A is an authorised dealer for brand A and seller B is running a sale on brand A ...so i think its only fair if you are keen and you have the budget then you should enquire it. i mean let's face it -> half the time you have more time wasters and low ballers than not. But sellers also know that of these 90% they will someday move to be a real buyer. maybe thats why they are putting up with us :D

come to think of it, there are already specific rules in the traders section, and you still get requests from buyers such as "can i try it on to see if i like it" :eek: or " this is my price , take it or leave it" :eek: .... i mean shouldn't a buyer be fair to a seller...on the other hand we as buyers don't walk into any tyre shop asking them for a tyre test b4 buying! -> "negotiate at will , but know the limits" this is the bottomline for me :)

And although i'm not a real seller .... i reckon from the point of seller B it is a polite gesture and after all why spoil the market. the market is here to stay and news travel fast of sellers undercutting for a few pennies or badmounthing their competitors or you even get some seller insisting that he is the man for the only product( i don't want to single out any :rolleyes: ) and i believe between sellers, some do appreciate such politeness and others hand out at will their ugly tactics-> just to score a sale like they only live on for the day.

for the benefits of most, a competitive market is at buyers advantage..or would you like a collusion of prices between all sellers? rather i don't wish to comment on collusion but i hope you'd get what i mean, it can happen and sometime its just right under your nose!

....the key is -> being a buyer the most single important thing is research know the market rate or even the rrp, think of the factors that is involved in having the product coming into australia, offer a realistic amount and finally the most importance thing is to built a relationship with your seller.

if you don't have an understanding of buying and your only aim is only to go for the cheapest then the term is "shop around by opening up ur gap-> ASK" even that you find it hard!!!! :eek:

btw how many times have you guys been guilty of...seller A is selling this for $x can i buy it from you at <$x .... as a buyer u have to learn to see whats a a real deal issn't it?...such tactic will not get you that far and sometime i rather paid a lil more than to suffer the consequences . i'm sure if you are on the go with ur seller , he will know where you are standing or where you are coming from.

well maybe my point has not been made, lets look at it in another way-> there are some parts and doesn't matter new or used or even genuine oem honda part...pls know that "THEY DO APPRECIATE IN PRICE" due to the availability , rarity or esp if they are discontinued.

bottom line is if a seller is not putting a price to the part, it is usually a case of maintaining the average market return, a gesture of politeness, and ultimately to ward off time-wasters.

if you must lowball then "negotiate at will , but know the limits"

end of my .2cents

ps: maybe i should run a vouch thread of myself as a buyer...not sure if the many sellers will chime in on my thread...anyhow just ranting :D