PDA

View Full Version : Driver Door Beeping

Lukey
25-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi all, got a noobquestion.

When I have my keys in the ignition and open the driver door it always beeps until the dooris closed. Isthere a way to stop this?

Lukey
25-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Forgot to mention this is on my DC4.

Lukey
25-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Close the door or take the keys out.

I like listening to music when im working on the car and I often need to have the drivers/passenger door open when I'm doing work on he car.

EuroAccord13
25-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I like listening to music when im working on the car and I often need to have the drivers/passenger door open when I'm doing work on he car.

Switch the key to AC...

Alternatively, open the windows and close the doors... This way you still get to hear your music...

Kiz_EG6
26-11-2007, 08:57 AM
There's a trigger on the inside of the body where the door closes, jam some chewy in it, that'll stop it from beeping, but you won't have an interior light anymore :)

zco
26-11-2007, 10:57 AM
yepp ! as kiz EG6 sed.. block the sensor.. its like a button covered with a rubber cover.. tape it down or something. i have the same problem when working on the car..

destrukshn
26-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Switch the key to AC...

Alternatively, open the windows and close the doors... This way you still get to hear your music...
don't switch it on to ign.
it will eventually burn your coil.
lol.

NightKids
26-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Speaking of which I want to disable that stupid loud beep on my EG when I don't put on my seatbelt!

Kiz_EG6
27-11-2007, 07:02 AM
Speaking of which I want to disable that stupid loud beep on my EG when I don't put on my seatbelt!

Jam chewy in ur seatbelt :p

Merlin086
27-11-2007, 07:13 AM
yepp ! as kiz EG6 sed.. block the sensor.. its like a button covered with a rubber cover.. tape it down or something. i have the same problem when working on the car..

If your serious unscrew the pushbutton and unplug the connector from the back, tie a piece of string to the wire and drop it back down inside the cavity with the top of the string hanging out the hole. Then screw the pushbutton back on with the string sandwiched to allow you to retrieve the wire easily later on.

I hope that's clear.....hmmm....

kazam
27-11-2007, 07:06 PM
i have the same prob, but only when my headlights are on. (door open with headlights on, very loud constant beep) and yeh also the seat belt thing is a joke, beeps like 8 times when u start the car and its friggen loud as.

EuroAccord13
28-11-2007, 02:39 AM
don't switch it on to ign.
it will eventually burn your coil.
lol.

AC is before the IGN isn't it? :)

zco
28-11-2007, 09:57 AM
seatbelt - unplug the cable underneather your driver seat.

zco
28-11-2007, 09:59 AM
If your serious unscrew the pushbutton and unplug the connector from the back, tie a piece of string to the wire and drop it back down inside the cavity with the top of the string hanging out the hole. Then screw the pushbutton back on with the string sandwiched to allow you to retrieve the wire easily later on.

I hope that's clear.....hmmm....

the door light on the cluster will not work if you do this.. what if youre not working on the car and you're driving the car.. you wont know if your door is shut properly