PDA

View Full Version : my first post hence question

LS-TC
15-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Hey all... im sorta new and sort of not..

i just picked up an LS integra for my little brother last week and i used to drive a modified LS 2 years back but now i drive a V8 Soarer with Dominik who owns an Accord now..

back then i used to get people to work on my car but now i do stuff my self and just needed any reccomendation to what spark plugs i should use and oil?

its an auto and mine was 5speed and the auto feels like its got no balls when going up a hill.. the cars done 219k's but has had the whole head redone and new radiator and no leaks suprisingly.

so im gonna start with basics with plugs and leads and oil and then work from there.. just got the exhaust done yesterday due to a massive hole.. (probably answered my own question) so its picking up a bit..

just another question, the auto has "D", the "S" and the other one.. when i put it in "S" and whack the button on the side, i presume "overdrive" the car picks up abit.. what is that?? "S" = Sport?

any gurus out there that can help would be great.. my bro had to be so complicated with this auto stuff..

Thanks all and ill see you's at the next cruise :) (not in the soarer)

davey
15-08-2004, 10:25 PM
hey welcome

well i think you should probably use ngk iridiums, from my own experience i believe they are really good and top gun or msd leads(tho they are quite expensive)

for oil i think a grading of 15-40w would be good for your car wouldnt go too low considering the amount of kms you have done, i recommend motul or penzoil

and the s thingy i have no idea

LS-TC
15-08-2004, 10:57 PM
thx davey

how much are the leads worth anyways? im not really concerned with price.. id rather him be driving the car than sitting in a workshop..

:)

Redteg
16-08-2004, 06:56 AM
Hey welcome!

S is a sports mode of sorts. Putting the car into S means that each gear will be held slightly longer before the car shifts up, as well as allowing you to prevent the car from shifting into 4th by the use of the S4 Switch on the gear selector.

I use Honda oil, whatever weight it is (10W-40?), and NGK plugs, BCPR5EY-11

There's an LS cruise in the works, keep looking in "The Lounge" for updates.