PDA

View Full Version : Installing HID

02ZZI
25-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Hello,

I am tossing up wether to install my hid kit (when it arrives) myself or pay someone to do it. How difficult are they to install? i have searched google etc for a diy and here and all i get is diys for new civics. Has anyone here installed HID themselves into there ek's? how difficult and time consuming is it? im pretty good with electrical stuff in my car so i think i am confident to try to do it myself. Anyways any input is appreciated!

Thanks,

James

ACTI0NMAN-1
25-11-2007, 09:21 PM
when your kit arrives read the instructions or atleast have a look at the components. If you cant work out what goes where then all is lost for you.

kn1ghtm4r3
25-11-2007, 09:41 PM
lolol

i believe also you should try and hide your ballasts also =)

xntrik
25-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Its plug and play dude, the only hard bit is try not to touch the bulbs.
And hiding/mounting your HID Ballasts.

Usually zipties would do it.

Dy_
25-11-2007, 09:58 PM
they simply plug into eachother and thats it! just as xntrik says the hard part is hiding/mounting the ballast. as you've got to find a place where it wont get wet, hidden from popo and its got to be stable. some people take the bumper off and find a spot in there. although the easier way is somewhere in the engine bay.
The kit may also come with adhesive pads, what i did on a mates car was stick the ballast inside the fenders. You've have to clean all the surfaces before sticking though.

shadou
25-11-2007, 09:59 PM
most kits are plug and play now a days, I haven't encountered one that required re-wiring. But yeah it's very simple installing P&P HID I would recommend you attempt it on your own before seeking professional help

kn1ghtm4r3
25-11-2007, 10:03 PM
only downside would be not having projector style headlights i guess, so the light scatters and blindz ppl lol. so aim them lower i guess or watch out for the pigs lol i dont think they'd appreciate being blinded by hids ahah

Dy_
25-11-2007, 10:05 PM
only downside would be not having projector style headlights i guess, so the light scatters and blindz ppl lol. so aim them lower i guess or watch out for the pigs lol i dont think they'd appreciate being blinded by hids ahah

lol yep! aim them dooown and abit towards the left so you dont blind others.
i also read on a thread someones boss got fined 300-400$ for hids on reflectors? and had to leave the car there. woot!

sitta
25-11-2007, 10:14 PM
its just plug and play, unless you have bought the relay kit that you have to plug into the battery and do the wiring yourself

kn1ghtm4r3
25-11-2007, 10:37 PM
lol yep! aim them dooown and abit towards the left so you dont blind others.
i also read on a thread someones boss got fined 300-400$ for hids on reflectors? and had to leave the car there. woot!

was that here on ozhonda ? lol

02ZZI
25-11-2007, 10:41 PM
thats good news then.. i was just worried because the last kit i saw installed was along time ago, seems things have changed now. Thanks for the help

gheybo
25-11-2007, 11:12 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72154

heres a guide