PDA

View Full Version : This site supports scammers!!!!! wtf is up with this place

connections
26-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Ok I was scamed by a user on here out of $180 for a exhaust system on here by a user..

thought wow I better warn the ozhonda community of this guys dodgy shit, I might post a thread about it????

ok so made the thread then its deleted??

Thread deleted by SiReal
Reason: Deal with him directly. Do not single out members on this forum. Sorry for your misfortunes.

wow great modding you think ive contacted this scum bag all ready...he had some half assed reply..hence the reason for starting the warning thread.

seems people from lik3 nissan silvia can come here and post about their nissan been stolen, but when a ozhonda member is scammed on ozhonda you cant even post about it?

what a joke

destrukshn
26-11-2007, 11:46 AM
sorry to hear dude.

SiReal
26-11-2007, 11:48 AM
mate you need to calm down.

Firstly, if you read the Ts&Cs, there should be no singling out of members. Secondly, Ozhonda does not regulate what is being sold. It is the responsibiilty of the buyer and seller to address this. If unsure, don't buy.

I've already sent you a PM.

Try be more understanding and looking at the bigger picture before posting up threads like this.

connections
26-11-2007, 11:50 AM
dude this guys selling a whole lot of shit on here,

lik4 20 items,

more ozhonda members might be scammed...

seems the staff on here don't care, let scammer run wild I guess..

just thought I might save other members from been scammed as well..

incoming
26-11-2007, 11:54 AM
have u given him a bad trade rating?
i wana see who it is lol

SiReal
26-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Its not that we don't care, we cannot and will not be held accountable for items be sold and bought.

It is completely up to the invidividuals themselves to sort out issues. We simply provide the medium for the sale to happen. Nothing more.

Please understand we don't get paid to moderate, we do it out of our own time, scanning most of the forums, implementing changes, etc. We too have lives outside of Ozhonda.com.

connections
26-11-2007, 11:59 AM
ok let others be scammed, im over it..

whats the point of telling people who scammed me if im not alloud to lmao...this forum is soo weird...

SiReal
26-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Members can PM you in private if they wish to do so. Put yourself in the shoes of the person in question and you might begin to understand why we do not allow threads like this.

incoming
26-11-2007, 12:03 PM
u can give him a bad trade rating
that way when we check their rating it shows they arent trust worthy

Q_ball
26-11-2007, 12:15 PM
u can give him a bad trade rating
that way when we check their rating it shows they arent trust worthy

And thats exactly what the trader rating system is for.
If you wish to warn other members about this seller, then you should post your experience with this person via the trader rating.

Guys, you browse, select and buy on the internet at your own risk.
We are an advertising medium - and we never take part in any of the transactions.
Ozhonda is not about to police the massive amounts of transactions that get made by several members every single day.

In the instance where you have been scammed, use the trader rating system.
Thats how you report it to the members.
If you feel the need, PM me re: that scam (NB. This is my choice to receive these PMs, it is NOT a process that Ozhonda has passed)

If you feel further action needs to be taken against the person, take the matter to the police.
If you have transferred money to them already via Netbank, you should have their details with you.
Give that to the police.

SiReal
26-11-2007, 12:20 PM
May I also suggest all buyers to read the Announcements thread in the Parts for Sale section.

connections
26-11-2007, 03:54 PM
please close thread don't care any more.

just thought might be good for others to know,

oh well shit happens, scammers are all over the place...

and please stop pming me about who it is because seriously if I cant warn people why do I have to get a billion pm's from randoms its soo annoying I dont have time to answer 10 pms about who it is...

yfin
26-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Timely reminder to read the announcement in the for sale section. Did you get a copy of the other person's address, copy of driver's licence etc?

This is ultimately a private matter. I note, however that in the terms and conditions it says:

If you have any complaints about a particular user, private message a Moderator of the forum and email forum-mailer[at]ozhonda.com and we will keep your complaint on record. If there are sufficient complaints against one particular user, then his/her account may be suspended if Ozhonda deems necessary. Trading on in the Market Place is done at your own risk.

Have you followed that process? If we get more complaints about the user we can do something about it.

Things you can do to prevent you getting ripped off

1. Get as many contact details as possible such as email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, full names, receipts, receipt numbers, alternate email addresses, phone numbers and addresses of other people working in the company or their superiors. If you are buying from a business, make sure you get their ABN/ACN which you can lookup on the Australian Business Register (http://www.abr.business.gov.au/) in order to verify.

2. Use an off forum Email for transaction communication (say you are having trouble with the forum). This gives you an IP address that can be tracked with geobytes (http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm) This will show you that they are indeed where they say they are. There is even a map!

3. Obtain their full name (to fill out the POSTAL!! money order) e.g. Orenthal J. Simpson. This helps you get phone numbers and home addresses on Whitepages (http://www.whitepages.com.au/) for example. You can also verify their details by getting a photocopy of their drivers licence.

4. Have a look at their trade rating and see how others have dealt with him/her. Even go as far as PMing the users he/she has dealt with to find out more if you want. More information on how to use trade rating here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9116&highlight=seller).

5. Do you frequent more than one forum? More than likely so does your new friend. Read their profile there is a lot of info you can use to find them on a different forum even if they use different names on all of them. Examples; Their car and it's modifications, any car clubs they are in, any shops they vouch for in signatures, even the people that vouch for them in their signature / trade ratings ...pm that person for more info.

6. Find out what they do for a living (their workplace will most likely be listed in a yellowpages somewhere). You can use this to chase up money/goods/services if required.

(Parts of the above are taken from this post (http://www.d-series.org/forums/showpost.php?p=282041&postcount=1) on d-series.org with permission)

Post any comments you might have in this thread (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=413557#post413557).

connections
26-11-2007, 06:19 PM
look it doesn't matter any more I don't even need the $$$,

I just like honesty people, one of the main things when dealing with people on a forum is honesty if they lie or dont give info on a product to you then theirs not much you can do.

I know dealing on a forum is a risky thing, but yeah I am outa pocket a lil its not much...

rossirider
26-11-2007, 06:40 PM
just tell who it is, replace 1 of the letters with a * and then later on in the post write the real letter and highlight it in red or something.. then you are kind of telling us who it is.. but your not really telling us who it is.

bennjamin
26-11-2007, 07:39 PM
If anyone wishes to know who this may be , please feel free to PM the thread starter.
If you have tried to contact this user in as many ways as possible , then add a bad feedback rating.

OTherwise , Ozhonda does NOT support scammers.

Please ask a lawyer for legal advice if need be , just dont bitch on OZhonda. We feel for you , but this issue is entirely between you and this "person"

yfin
26-11-2007, 07:44 PM
If anyone wishes to know who this may be , please feel free to PM the thread starter.
If you have tried to contact this user in as many ways as possible , then add a bad feedback rating.

OTherwise , Ozhonda does NOT support scammers.

Please ask a lawyer for legal advice if need be , just dont bitch on OZhonda. We feel for you , but this issue is entirely between you and this "person"

Ben - just to clarify - the user purchased an exhaust that the seller said would fit his car's mounting points. The purchaser received the exhaust in good condition. In the end the purchaser fitted the exhaust but it didn't fit as easily as suggested (it required welding to make it fit).

Whether that is "scamming" is open to argument - it is not as if the seller didn't send him the goods. The comment about whether it would fit easily may have been an honest mistake.

bennjamin
26-11-2007, 07:52 PM
cheers for the heads up. Sounds to be mis information , and NOT a scam.

Here we have the reason we do not allow public defaming , anyone here ( including myself) can be lead that the person in question is a scammer , without being aware of the actual situation.

wynode
27-11-2007, 08:03 PM
I see you haven't left any feedback (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/itrader.php?u=5313&iv=4)for him / her yet?

More info on the iTrader system here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9116&highlight=seller).

And I also suggest everyone read the announcement (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/announcement.php?f=11&a=10)in the For Sale forum like yfin posted above.

panda[cRx]
28-11-2007, 11:09 AM
scam? by the looks of it you knowingly bought a dc2 item for a dc4

Andw0o
29-11-2007, 12:09 AM
well ive heard both sides of the story.
it was a honest mistake that the seller thought that it would fit a dc4, due to another integra driver saying so.
the puchased item was sent, mind you the sender only recieved 15 dollars for the shipping which actually it cost somewhere around 50 or soo bucks to ship to. i wouldnt call it a scam, like other people said, misinformation.

also compensation was offered and what not, but it was rejected. i dont know why connections is pissed off about this.

rawr
29-11-2007, 07:05 AM
Give the guy a bad trader notification and get on with it :thumbdwn: you shoulda researched it up and checked if it would fit

Q_ball
29-11-2007, 07:28 AM
well ive heard both sides of the story.
it was a honest mistake that the seller thought that it would fit a dc4, due to another integra driver saying so.
the puchased item was sent, mind you the sender only recieved 15 dollars for the shipping which actually it cost somewhere around 50 or soo bucks to ship to. i wouldnt call it a scam, like other people said, misinformation.

also compensation was offered and what not, but it was rejected. i dont know why connections is pissed off about this.

If the seller made an honest mistake, then no one is to blame for this as the buyer is just as clueless as the seller.

Similar to many commercial businesses, a lot of places wouldnt give you a refund purely because you have bought the wrong product.

Know wat you want/need - its as simple as that.

krogoth
29-11-2007, 07:06 PM
ehhhh?? so connections got the stuff?

bennjamin
29-11-2007, 07:44 PM
ehhhh?? so connections got the stuff?

Yes. Connections 100% got the "stuff" he paid for. There was a misunderstanding on both sides - my guess is that the seller would of answered a question in a vauge enough way to convince this item fit. But it did not 100% fit and had to be modified.

Nothing to really cry about , atleast he didnt get SCAMMED lol.

Andw0o
30-11-2007, 01:36 AM
lol, wasnt vauge at all. the question connections asked was 'does it fit dc4?' and the answr was 'thats correct, direct bolt on buddy'

wynode
30-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Nothing further to discuss. If there is a valid reason why this thread should be re-opene then PM me. We have procedures in in place so follow them. IF you still have a problem THEN post it up.