PDA

View Full Version : hi im a noob

iwantvtec
26-11-2007, 03:02 PM
well i recent purchased a EG civic gli, and this is my first car. In the long run i am planning 2 purchase a h22a n do the conversion my self, and i am planning 2 do dis conversion my self as i am currently doing an automotive apprenticeship. For time being i was wondering how can i "rice" up my ride, making it a nice cruiser, without any performance mods. I was thinkings rims, king springs, tints, Black bonnet and maybe some interior work done well? any tips or advise. Oh yer some quotes on a h22a half cut will be good as well peace.

dzyn3
26-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi welcome =]

Jord
26-11-2007, 03:19 PM
its ur car do it up as u feel. in the end other ppls opinions shouldnt matter but they do why else would we make a car look good? lol but u seen to be going down the right track. for rice u should go 18" chromies, altezza tail lights and super low king springs as u mention tints - always make the car look alot sleaker. as for interior i go a white dash kit so it looks the shiz the look at some racing seats and getting the rear retrimmed to suit. try and keep a theme and dont mix and match two colours max on interior eg original grey wiith black inserts etc. :) anyway thats just my 2c

VT1-R
26-11-2007, 03:20 PM
apart from the rice mods, u should get some gd suspension mods to prepare ur car for that H22.. that will allow you to get desired ht for now and gd handling and fun when powering through corners after the conversion.

For rims, please dun get chrome or too big rims, approximately 17" will be the maximum. 16" is optimum. And try getting some lightweight onces.

Interior work is up to you. Bonnet can get CF if u feel rich as it is lighter and nicer.

But seriously, if u not totally into rice, dun waste $$$ as ur car will be slower than ever with all the extra weight and you will be labelled a major ricer by many.. So if u wan u should get some JDM replica lipkit etc with gd coilovers will make ur car look sexy yet still near stock weight, till the H22 comes. Gd luck.

iwantvtec
26-11-2007, 11:04 PM
thnkx nikkahz yer ne quotes for the h22a? and u rkn the price will go down in 2 years? cause im in no big rush just recently got the car so trying 2 get the most of my engine. MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Vinnie
27-11-2007, 01:43 AM
given its most likely going to be a decade old, i dont see any reason why the engine would be any cheaper in 2 years time... in any case, good luck with future mods and welcome to OH :)

krogoth
27-11-2007, 10:10 AM
are u related to iamvtec?

lol, welcome to ozhonderrrrrr

Joeyboy
27-11-2007, 03:08 PM
thnkx nikkahz yer ne quotes for the h22a? and u rkn the price will go down in 2 years? cause im in no big rush just recently got the car so trying 2 get the most of my engine. MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

i've seen quotes for around the 3.5k-4k mark for a h22 half-cut. i dont think it will go down by THAT much in 2 yrs...but i can be wrong as i cant predict the future.

however like Vinnie has mentioned, H22 has been around for years and i remember inquiring about h22 half-cut 2 years ago and they were still around 3.5k-4k mark (no difference from today).

Are you serious about wanting to look "rice"? Coz u can still modify ur ride without it looking rice.

1. 17"-18" rims
2. lowered springs/shocks combo
3. black-housing headlights
4. aftermarket muffler (cannon perhaps, or twin-tip)
5. dark tint
6. re-trim the interior
7. if u got money to waste now, increase power by getting headers and a cat-back exhaust system.
8. CAI (Cold Air Intake) - not too much power gain, but sounds great!
9. get some ICE (in-car entertainment)...good speakers + sub

GOOD LUCK

blahZ
27-11-2007, 03:14 PM

LOL!!

you should 18s chromes on your car...
will look SEX

iwantvtec
27-11-2007, 05:31 PM
is iamvtec some retard guy? if so =/ im def no related to him =], wouldn't cromes add heaps of weight to my car?

iwantvtec
27-11-2007, 05:37 PM
btw this is the specs i have atm:

-cusco strut bar
- K&N Cold Air Intake
-MagnaFlow Full Cat-Back Exhaust w/ Hi-Flow Cat
- JVC Headunit w/ mp3 playback

yer nothing to hectic atm but yer =]

chunky
27-11-2007, 05:54 PM

X2
lol

welcome man

iwantvtec
28-11-2007, 03:56 PM
lol who is the iamvtec guy?

by the way u guys make fun of him, he must be a fag..

Elwood
29-11-2007, 03:01 PM
if you are a on an apprenteship maybe you should consider not doing the swap by yourself as it is infact alot harder than changing spark plugs :P

there is no point asking people on these forums how to make your car look "ricier" as it is all up to taste. If you'd like to put some rims on, browse around, the same with the other parts. Ive seen h22a's for under 4 grand (if i can remember correctly) but maybe since this is a long way off, look at the advantages of putting in differant motors such as the b18 or the b16 or even the k20! to find out which one suits you.

Vinnie
29-11-2007, 06:35 PM
lol who is the iamvtec guy?

by the way u guys make fun of him, he must be a fag..

search for his posts, you'll understand :)

SPEEDCORE
29-11-2007, 06:46 PM
is iamvtec some retard guy? if so =/ im def no related to him =]

LMAO!! 1st n00b in history to be worthy of 10 rep points right off the bat.

:thumbsup:

VTC-8OY
01-12-2007, 11:06 AM
LOL iwantvtec is IAMVTEC's brother hahahaha

B16bcivic
10-12-2007, 06:29 PM
bro,

HOW RICE DO YOU WANNA GO< IF SO RICE HAT BLOW PEOPLES MINDS OUT SAYING DAMNS WHAT A RICER THEN I GOT WHAT U NEED.

IF JUST RICE I DO NOW ASWELL.

IF FOR JDM LOOKS I GOT THE PARTS.

krogoth
10-12-2007, 06:39 PM
^??????????????