PDA

View Full Version : Help DC5R (K20) Wont start??

Nepolian
26-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi Guys,

Quick question.....

My brother has an DC5R, its fuel gauge had been inaccurate since he has had the car.

The other day we took out the fuel sender which is housed in the same cradle as the fuelpump.

We found that the cardle had broken off the actual bracket and the cradle just sits at the bottom of the fuel tank, hence the bad fuel gauge.

Anyway, we replaced it with another cradle which we bought in good working order and put the old fuel pump in it.

Set it up the same way. Replaced it the same way, but now the bastard wont start.

We double checked and triple checked everything and it seems to be in order.

When cranking the engine sometimes runs for a few seconds but majority of the time just back fires???

Appreciate any suggestions???

And yes I have check to see if there is fuel coming out at the fuel rail...trust me theres heaps.

Confused..............?????

Xceller8r
26-11-2007, 11:44 PM
similar thing happend to me ages ago but on different car... turned out to be fuel supply and fuel return lines were mixed around. check to see if they are ok and swap em round if need be.

im not sure wat the setup is like on a dc5r but

this was on a different car but yeah

hope that helps

Amusevtec
26-11-2007, 11:56 PM
My DC5R Fuel gauge isnt accurate as well :(

tinkz1
27-11-2007, 02:36 PM
sounds like ur fuel pump has died. when u turn on ur car can u hear the fuel pump turn on? u should hear a slight noise when u put ur ignition on the reds. If its ur fuel pump i suggest u to buy a walbro fuel pump

JDM.Power
27-11-2007, 03:23 PM
sounds like ur fuel pump has died. when u turn on ur car can u hear the fuel pump turn on? u should hear a slight noise when u put ur ignition on the reds. If its ur fuel pump i suggest u to buy a walbro fuel pump

yep try that first!

Nepolian
27-11-2007, 09:04 PM
yep try that first!

The is a sound and it does prime, coz we took off the fuel hose at the fuel rail and the spits out fuel.

Also there is no way the fuel line is wrong as the DC5 has an in tanks return. Only one line. Might just put the walbro in.

I have a walbro from my Toyota. Would that fit ??

Thanks for your replies too...