PDA

View Full Version : Sandblasting a car

si92
27-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Hi guys i wanna get my car resprayed and was wondering about getting it sandblasted first. I have heard that it weakens the frame of the car can anyone confrim this/?
Also i wanna get it resprayed pretty soon does anyone know who does good value jobs in sydney? Chhers

krogoth
27-11-2007, 09:44 AM
^^^yep yep

but to prep a car for respray using media blasting is going to cost ALOT, id imagine

IZY-10
27-11-2007, 11:23 AM
if you dont get all the particles off thoroughly as mentioned and sprayed over the top of them it is likely that you will eventually see it in the paint work.

EG30
27-11-2007, 04:40 PM
sandblasting often do more harm than good, great for rusty farm machineries but for thin car panels the heat could easily warp the panels.

had my racecar shell bead blasted about 10 years ago, much more $$$ than sandblasting but a lot more control and they could blast the paint layers one by one if they wish but end result was great.

nowadays soda blasting is an option as well by using bicarb soda. If I build or restore a car again I would use this method.

si92
28-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Cheers for all the help guys...
I was really goign to go ahaead with the sand blasting i was actually recommended it then turned off by another guy but now uve convinced me its a no go. Especially wiht such a small frame like a mini that i can actually pick up by myself lol.

Do you guys recommend any joints that do this??