PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Air Filter

denot
27-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi guys,

just want to know is any1 installed this and what does he/she think about it? (any gains, loss, etc)

thanks

nvdvtc
27-11-2007, 12:29 PM
i think its fine

denot
27-11-2007, 12:33 PM
er... what i mean... i want to kno if we can gain anything from using it? e.g. a fren of mine sed it can add a bit more power @ low RPM...

JaCe
27-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Looked just like a K&N filter to me but then I dunno much about it. Haven't heard of anyone installing it yet. Check SG forums?

denot
27-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Looked just like a K&N filter to me but then I dunno much about it. Haven't heard of anyone installing it yet. Check SG forums?

jace, is your K&N filter make any difference?

JaCe
27-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Felt a bit smoother to accelerate (as if the engine is more willing to rev) when I accelerate and makes only a tinsy bit of difference in sound (it's noticeable in a car park but not outside). Only thing is I put it in when my engine was still being run in (around 10k I think? Can't remember now) so that could've been a big contributor to the increased smoothness.

Don't expect any outright HP gains though.

denot
27-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Felt a bit smoother to accelerate (as if the engine is more willing to rev) when I accelerate and makes only a tinsy bit of difference in sound (it's noticeable in a car park but not outside). Only thing is I put it in when my engine was still being run in (around 10k I think? Can't remember now) so that could've been a big contributor to the increased smoothness.

Don't expect any outright HP gains though.

hmmm sounds nice... all i want to get is a smoother (if not quicker) stop-to-start acceleration. ^_^

Hope sum1 has install the mugen one and can tell us the difference

dmx
27-11-2007, 07:56 PM
hmmm sounds nice... all i want to get is a smoother (if not quicker) stop-to-start acceleration. ^_^

Hope sum1 has install the mugen one and can tell us the difference
sometimes it's just psychological things. like just after u change oil+oil filter, feels ur car become smoother but actually it's not.

denot
28-11-2007, 08:33 AM
u probably right dmx... any1 can read the graph looking dyno thingy on Mugen website regarding this Air Filter?

heres the link to the Civic page, then go parts-> Inteke System-> Air Filter
http://www.mugen-power.com/street/civic/index.html

thanks heaps!

JaCe
28-11-2007, 08:38 PM
In all honesty considering what it is, I really doubt it'll have much improvement. If anything, it'll be along same lines as the K&N.