PDA

View Full Version : Hub conversion

nick_sixx
28-11-2007, 01:31 AM
hey is it possible to do a bolt-on hub conversion for a civic from 4x100 to 4x114? i know for nissans you can get like a bolt on 5-stud conversion (its basically a spacer with studs attached), i want this so i can fit dc2r wheels to my civic

EuroAccord13
28-11-2007, 05:04 AM
DC2R wheels are 5 x 114.3.... Do you mean the VTIR ones?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-11-2007, 05:28 AM
hey is it possible to do a bolt-on hub conversion for a civic from 4x100 to 4x114? i know for nissans you can get like a bolt on 5-stud conversion (its basically a spacer with studs attached), i want this so i can fit dc2r wheels to my civic

probably...

if you really wanted to do it the true diy way you could just get new hubs bolts and take the old ones out and redrill the holes and put in the new hub bolts :cool:......

Oh and what euroaccord13 said

90LAN
28-11-2007, 07:02 AM
yes 4x114 and 5x114 hubs can be fitted to your eg mate
u will need to get hubs from a 96-98 dc2r or 5 studs from a ek9 so u will not have to change the drive shafts as they are the same 32mm ds

Sydsyd
28-11-2007, 08:24 AM
DC2R wheels are 5 x 114.3.... Do you mean the VTIR ones?

older/earlier model DC2R wheels are 4x114.3 :)

nick_sixx
28-11-2007, 01:04 PM
yes 4x114 and 5x114 hubs can be fitted to your eg mate
u will need to get hubs from a 96-98 dc2r or 5 studs from a ek9 so u will not have to change the drive shafts as they are the same 32mm ds

Lan i started this thread because i really like the dc2 wheels you have for sale haha... ok so how hard is it to change over the hubs? i havent really ever looked. and does anyone know where you can pick them up? all i can find on ebay and google etc is steering wheel hubs

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-11-2007, 01:47 PM
honestly egay would be useless for this sought of thing...go call honbits or some other reputable wrecker of the honda variety

or like ive seen there are a couple of people here who have them for sale :D

and yes it should be a pretty straight swap :) just need the right tools :p and lan has pretty much told you what you need for it ^^

nick_sixx
28-11-2007, 07:16 PM
do you know how long it will take to do just the hubs? i think i have the right tools: jacks, jackstands, 2 full sets of socket wrenches (+wd40 *thumbsup*)...anything else i should have?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
29-11-2007, 06:17 AM
do you know how long it will take to do just the hubs? i think i have the right tools: jacks, jackstands, 2 full sets of socket wrenches (+wd40 *thumbsup*)...anything else i should have?

youll probably need new brake fluid (depending on how your doing it) and somewhere to drain the old fluid out and perhaps a screw driver (youll never know) and maybe a hammer

but yeah you pretty much have all you need :D

and as for time just take your time...maybe an hour or 2 really depends but ill let someone else fill in the time gap :o

Cvik_ryda
29-11-2007, 10:19 AM
buy the hubs and take it to a brakes shop some where in your area and let them do it. There are a lot of tools require plus the brakes safety element you dont wanna do it yourself then the brakes dont work. If u only swapping pads then fair enough but u have to do calipers, brake hoses, bleeding, hand brake cable and ect. then yeah leave it to the pro. Got a 5 stud set up for my GLi EK at home i looked into it to do it myself but like i said not worth the time and troubles. If u want to buy a 5 stud set up check in traders forum under PerformancePartsAustralia he got a set up for sale at a good price. Cheer

BaNaNaMaN
29-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Just to ad to this there are some simple steps you can take to make life easier.

Rear:

1/ you can get complete rear trailing arms with all the calipers/hubs/discs etc and bolt them straight in
2/ you can by just the hub and fit it to your existing trailing arm but you need a special tool for the tamper proof bolts that hold the hubs in. (real pain to get out!!!!)

Now that is assuming you have a disc rear end, if you have a drum rear end and are looking to go to a disc rear end you are also going to need rear brake lines and the hand brake cables.

Front:

The front is much simpler in the sense that you just replace the whole hub/disc/calipers in one piece. Straight swap and will need you to take the nuts off the end of the CV joints (again a real pain in the ass!!!! 24mm and TIGHT!!)

Make sure if you are going to do it you take the nut off the CV before removing the front calipers as you need someone in the car to hold the brakes to stop it turning.

All of the above will require you to bleed the brakes afterwards as the brake lines need to be removed to fit the calipers.

I am going to to my swap VERY shortly and can do a wee write up if that helps. Really isn't as bad as everyone up here have made out.

To get 4 x 114 on your civic you need a 96 - 97 spec ITR rear hub setup. (98 spec was 5 x 114)

Should take me about 1/2 a day MAX