PDA

View Full Version : how would u rate my sys

urtwhistle
15-08-2004, 10:36 PM
hey all nvr got any 1s oppinion on my stereo bar the guy who works for blaupunkt who said he could have made it break windows if it was blaupunkt lol.

i got
amps: pma2075 alphasonik 2 channel for subs
mpa5 blaupunkt 5 channel

deck: jvc kd-lh3105
front: diamand audio m541 splits
rear: lanzar cadmium 6.5's
subs:2x lanzar vibrant 10's

pics general 1's: http://members.iinet.net.au/~urty/camera/istjune%20carpics/

pics with updated box with cold cathode: http://members.iinet.net.au/~urty/camera/15th%20aug/

cheers all

toE
18-08-2004, 05:36 AM
dat sounds like a decent minimalistic sound system urtwhistle.

how do you find the Diamond splits? have neva heard them, but they seem to be quite well received in the states. :)

[stealth]
18-08-2004, 12:29 PM
if you find the system sounding good to ur ears.. then u dont really need our opinions..

How much did it all cost you for the gear? U installed urself too?

:)

urtwhistle
18-08-2004, 08:27 PM
yeah i personly like the diamond splits , they have a nice sound, nice powerhandling for such a small speaker.

i think i got ripped off when i bought the gear. since i went with mainly american brands that i dont realy see alot of in perth i didnt have many prices to compair with.

all in all i spent 3k

yeah me and bro in law installed the system. the longest part was actualy building and tuning the ported sub box. then actualy getting cable into the front doors other then that it wasnt too bad

i went with the best quality stuff and features that i could get that fitted in my range and for the muzik that i like to listen to. i wouldnt mind buying a nice .5 farred cap to strengthen the bass up but maybe a bigger amp would be better i dunno, got no money any way lol

toE
19-08-2004, 12:39 AM
have u heard any other splits to compare the Diamond to? :)

just curious...

alan
19-08-2004, 03:45 AM
how did u get cable into the doors?

urtwhistle
19-08-2004, 09:45 AM
i have herd some mb quartz 1's mine are 4' the mb quartz were 6's they seemed to have alot more bass and alot less high frenquency.

i found a tube that routs the cable for the power windows and so on.
that was ok for the left door the right was 2 tight tight so i put it through the side through a plastic lug, i will take a photo when i get home.