PDA

View Full Version : Civic 06/07 window problem

conroe
28-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if the following topic has been discussed before. I have an 07 Civic with the driver's window dislodging problem. According to the dealer it is a common problem.

They only put a silicon spray to fix the problem. In my opinion this is not enough as the problem can occur again as the silicone dries up. Maybe not immediately but could be after the warranty runs out.

Has anyone else have this problem and what did the dealer do to rectify it?

denot
28-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if the following topic has been discussed before. I have an 07 Civic with the driver's window dislodging problem. According to the dealer it is a common problem.

They only put a silicon spray to fix the problem. In my opinion this is not enough as the problem can occur again as the silicone dries up. Maybe not immediately but could be after the warranty runs out.

Has anyone else have this problem and what did the dealer do to rectify it?

got the same problem just a few days before my 10k service. same solution from dealer...

JaCe
28-11-2007, 02:20 PM
BK also gave me same solution.

Result: I bought myself a $10 can of silicon spray from Autobarn (or is it Autobahn? Can't remember) and it works the charm.

dmx
28-11-2007, 02:58 PM
BK also gave me same solution.

Result: I bought myself a $10 can of silicon spray from Autobarn (or is it Autobahn? Can't remember) and it works the charm.
why u should bought by urself ?

destrukshn
28-11-2007, 03:01 PM
why u should bought by urself ?
well if you don't wanna go to your dealer everytime it happens, you buy one yourself. by the time you drive to your dealer and back, there's $10 in petrol.

Frost_FD
28-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Yes silicon spray does the job, just avoid dusty areas...

conroe
28-11-2007, 06:15 PM
It appears everyone is happy with the cheaper spray solution from the dealer. I was told they have to replace the guide in about 50% of the cases. I just hope if they have to do it on mine it will be done before the end of my warranty period.

JaCe
28-11-2007, 06:39 PM
well if you don't wanna go to your dealer everytime it happens, you buy one yourself. by the time you drive to your dealer and back, there's $10 in petrol.

That and I wanted it for my wipers.

C'mon, it's $10. In the scheme of things it's nothing- and it saves you the trip to the service.

denot
29-11-2007, 08:29 AM
It appears everyone is happy with the cheaper spray solution from the dealer. I was told they have to replace the guide in about 50% of the cases. I just hope if they have to do it on mine it will be done before the end of my warranty period.

well im not happy but they cant do anything... i asked them if they can replace the "sensor" (something that they said caused the problem cause its dirty) with the 07 model. but they said this thing is the same from 06 and 07 model... :confused:

willl
29-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Had the same problem too, and same solution was offered at my 10K service (last weekend).

So it's a fairly common issue. Thanks for mentioning that silicon spray JaCe, i'll keep that in mind if it happens in the future!

yclvtec
29-11-2007, 10:02 PM
my dealer actually fits new windows and rubber to both my front doors....

well...i sort of exaggerated the problem to them in hope to get it replaced

it works perfectly since then....however, the new windows seem to be thinner than the original (or my own perception) and the noise inside the cabin is now noticeably louder than be4.

Whispaa
30-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Happened to mine and my sister's car early last year.
Took them both back to the dealer and they fixed it as per the above mentioned method.

Hasn't happened again since they fixed it.

simonnowis
30-11-2007, 05:55 PM
this problem has occured to pretty much every civic FD, they just spray silicone spray into the baily channels to lube it up. but yeh as mentioned dust might get mixed up and make it more tight.
theres graphite powder or ludestick you can use also.
its a factory problem so its pretty much unavoidable, unless parts replaced.
not suprising how there are problems since the new civics arent made in japan anymore

buddah51au
01-12-2007, 05:09 PM
this problem has occured to pretty much every civic FD, they just spray silicone spray into the baily channels to lube it up. but yeh as mentioned dust might get mixed up and make it more tight.
not suprising how there are problems since the new civics arent made in japan anymore

It makes no difference where a car is built - Thailand, Japan or south pole. silicon spray is something that has been sprayed into baily channels since adam was in nappies, a common service item for the 30 years i have been in the motor trade. I believe the problem is more common with vehicles that use rubber baily channels rather than the old style felt baily channels. How difficult is it to have some silicon spray in the shed and spent 2 minutes every month or so giving a spay.

Bob san
02-12-2007, 03:06 AM

ive had my civic for more then 1 and a half years and this window problem is the only problem i have ever encoutered with this car. Just because it is made in thailand it does not mean it is automatically inferior to those that are made in japan.

markCivicVti
03-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I was just looking around regarding tinting my windows... but then remembered this thread and that alot of FDs get problems with 'em.

If I was to get my windows tinted aftermarket - would that give them (honda dealership) reason for denying me any warranty claim on the windows if they do stop working?

Anyone in that situation?

jckidz
03-12-2007, 04:24 PM
I was just looking around regarding tinting my windows... but then remembered this thread and that alot of FDs get problems with 'em.

If I was to get my windows tinted aftermarket - would that give them (honda dealership) reason for denying me any warranty claim on the windows if they do stop working?

Anyone in that situation?

I don't think that is going to happen.. I get my windows tinted not by the dealer. My passenger side window has this problem, and my dealer fix it up without saying anything.. I'm sure they knew that my windows are not done by them as mine is pretty dark (not legal).. When I did my 10k service, they even balance and rotate my 18" aftermarket rims.. when I asked them whether I void any warranty, He said no.. He even gave me the sticker to replace my original 15" rims info (on the driver side door) to 17" ones, so I won't have any trouble when I get pulled over by cops.. :thumbsup: