PDA

View Full Version : Directional rims

andiiso
28-11-2007, 03:50 PM
noob thread - can you get blade rims that all spin the same way on both sides of car ?

zco
28-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Lol..

dc2dc2dc2
28-11-2007, 04:16 PM
what a joke of a thread

i am WTB RHD headunit

andiiso
28-11-2007, 04:32 PM
well correct if im wrong, blades should all be facing the one way no ? thats wat i was told since when i rotate tyres they say make sure they goin the right way which at the time i was like .. "err wtf o.0? directional rims?" then they said YEA ..
and i saw a prelude wid blades that were all facing the right way which then i found funny cos if theres no rims that do that then howcome this prelude has all his ones facing the one way ?

andiiso
28-11-2007, 04:37 PM
so yea im confused, mayb move this to noob thread and make it a question instead then ?

zco
28-11-2007, 04:46 PM
if you took the time to look at your wheels properly, and then think for just abit harder, then you will realise, they're the same wheels

andiiso
28-11-2007, 04:50 PM
yes i know they are the same .. which mean the blades go one way on one side and then the other way the other side .. and thats wat ive been thinkin is right all along .. till someone told me that they all go the same way .. and i didnt believe till i rotated tyres on a prelude where i saw all the blades go same way .. so meaning i wasnt able to put rear right to front left i had to go rear right to front right to keep it goin the same way (these are non directional tyres btw) .. if that makes sense ?

andiiso
28-11-2007, 05:03 PM
ahh doesnt matter ill go back to work n ask around n find out myself, atleast i didnt get the "SEARCH" crap that goes around here alot

close please

mrwillz
28-11-2007, 05:16 PM
i was sure that they were the same either way
never heard of direction rims

SiReal
28-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Im pretty sure the 'blades' series on the EK4 dont have RHS or LHS rims. They are all identical.

EK9
28-11-2007, 05:31 PM
if you took the time to look at your wheels properly, and then think for just abit harder, then you will realise, they're the same wheels
what he meant here was that all the blade rims ever made all "bend" in the same direction, eg clockwise or watever. you wont find anyone who has a set in the reverse (eg anti-clockwise) bending shape. so u can't get all your rims spinning the same way on both sides!!! make sense?

andiiso
28-11-2007, 05:50 PM
that was wat confused me .. i thought that they were all the same (as in no directional crap LHS or RHS stuff) and cant get them spinning same way .. but then recently at work there was a prelude wid blades that were facing towards engine .. all 4 .. ? and then also one that had 2 front wheels wid blades facing towards engine .. and 1 wheel on the rear drivers side facing rear .. make sense ? .. and yer atm im o.0 ... but thanks EK9 and others who had a good input. ill check again at work.

but those preludes were wat made me think otherwise of wat i had in mind. and thought that i could buy "right hand side rims" for my drivers side to make all the blades go towards engine.

andiiso
29-11-2007, 04:15 PM
aiight, i went back to honda today and asked about "directional rims" and YES there is directional rims and they came with some models of prelude (i think they also meant some blades aswell, cos not ALL blades are directional) and legends (with whatever rim style they had if it wasnt blades) !!!! inside the rims there is a letter posted on it "L" or "R" obviously meaning left or right and if put on properly the blades all "bend" towards one way on BOTH SIDES.

BUT at the same time the prelude and legend are the only ones so far that i know of that have the directional rims, apparently civic and tegz dun got them (and for those who found it funny in the first place .. i thought civics had them so thats why i put up a WTB thread cos i was sure i saw them on prelude and i thought mine could bend all towards one way) apparently they were made like that for better coolin of the brakes .. BUT the technician said it did minimal to no effect on the cooling of brakes.

They also said that even some tyre fitting places etc dont know that .. and thats why you see some preludes with some of their blade directions goin one way and another wheel goin the other on the same side etc ..

thanks
andiiso :thumbsup:

aaronng
03-12-2007, 06:32 PM
The newer rims made by Enkei for Honda are the same left and right, so they are uneven. But the older rims like the Prelude ones which are not made by Enkei have a proper left and right side rim.

andiiso
03-12-2007, 06:59 PM
yea i found that out the other day, thats y i thought i mite come here n write it up since i think there are some ppl who dont know that there are directional rims and also moved to noob thread

thanks for dat aaronng
andiiso

EG30
03-12-2007, 07:28 PM
I 1st saw directional rims in the early 90s, where they were found on the 1st gen Integras made in the mid to late 80s. They had a blade type pattern from memory on the outer section of the rims.

andiiso
03-12-2007, 07:29 PM
ic, the ones i seen are prelude .. heard of legend .. but yer havent actually seen it with my own eyes