View Full Version : Autronic ECU's

spetz
28-11-2007, 09:20 PM
How good are these?
And why are they so expensive??

Not considering one, just curious

grumpy rooster
29-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Richard Aubert (the guy who started the company) used to work at Motec. That should give you an indication for starters.

They are basically at the same level as Motec, with regard to price and spec. Although you do get more for your money than Motec from what I've seen. Read their site and look at the specs of the various systems and then compare them against, say, a Microtech. You will find the Autronic is better specced, but as noted, you pay for it.

180sx
29-11-2007, 10:35 PM
how much is a autronic ECU ?

AKmotorworks
29-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Correction Darren, Richard Aubert designed Motec :)

Function and control wise, they are definately one of the top level ecus, and definately on par with the motec. Only thing lacking is that they have poor aftermarket support.

If you got that sort of money, definately look at the efitechnologies range of ecu's. The euro1 is well priced and can control ivtec for almsot half the price.

spetz
30-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm not interested in buying one, just a friend has one and he was unsure of it's cost, so when I searched and found out it was almost 2K, and Aussie made, I wondered why it's so expensive

Was it Autronic as well who made an ECU to be able to tune Mitsubishis Super Active Yaw Control?
I know someone does make those... not sure if it's Autronic or not, but I see a lot of high end Evo's run Autronics

yellow-dc2
30-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I think you will find most tuners love working with the Autronic, and when it comes down to it there the ones you should be trying to impress with your ECU