PDA

View Full Version : How do i make stock alarm horn/beep?

zy32
30-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi All,

Ive got a 07 CRV Luxury model.

It has factory fitted secuirty. (i guess the immobiliser and the central locking and the stock horn alarm.)

But i want it to horn or beep each time i lock/unlock the car.

Could someone please tell me how i am able to make to this happen?

Im new here and i havent seen a thread about the subject and apologise in advance if i have posted in the wrong section.

Cheers!

incoming
30-11-2007, 12:44 PM
speak to an auto electrician to wire it??

by the way.. i think its illegal to do so NOW due to noise pollution laws

aaronng
30-11-2007, 12:57 PM
speak to an auto electrician to wire it??

by the way.. i think its illegal to do so NOW due to noise pollution laws

No, it is not illegal.
The limits for the horn are 120dB and the limits for a single tone alarm is 115dB. Don't exceed that and he's fine.

Horn: http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/fragview/inforce/subordleg+537+2000+pt.2-div.1-sdiv.2-sec.8+0+N

Alarm: http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/fragview/inforce/subordleg+537+2000+pt.2-div.1-sdiv.3-TOP+0+N

CoupeTurbo
02-12-2007, 08:05 PM
why would you want it to do that? it would piss me off... and other ppl.

aaronng
02-12-2007, 08:39 PM
So that he can confirm that it locks or unlocks without having to look at the car.

zy32
03-12-2007, 08:53 AM
why would you want it to do that? it would piss me off... and other ppl.

exactly what aaronng said..

i dont want to have it beep/horn loud to annoy anyone.. i want it at an audible level so i have the peace of mind knowing its either locked or unlocked.. without having to stare at the car and wait for the blinkers to tell me if its locked or unlocked or stare at the buttons on the key..

& plus its to add an extra something to my car..

reason i ask is i dont want to add anything after market.. just make use of what the car already came with.

CoupeTurbo
04-12-2007, 03:14 PM
dont horns only beep at one level however...

aaronng
04-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Some have musical horns. :)
You can get multi-tone aftermarket horns.

rice_eg
05-12-2007, 04:54 PM
get an upgrade...

i suggest a cycolps.... from strathfield car radio..

got dual immobilsers.... and a siren....... insurance approved... add window lift... (pimpin)

B18cEG
07-12-2007, 06:55 PM
you can add a relay onto the indicator output and link it to the horn, if the indicators flash for too long then so will the horn (pretty annoying) if u end up fitting a alarm with whatever accesories go for an autowatch i fit them everyday and i personally think better than cylops in terms of warrenty and customer service also more reliable.
Thanks