PDA

View Full Version : Suspension (Coil) Brands.

Euro_Luxury
30-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey all, Iv been speak with quite a number of people lately about lowing my car & what type of spring i should use.

As iv been told so many different stories, I need people suggestions.

What are peoples thoughts on the following springs (Eg. Comfort, Value for money & satisfaction);

*King Springs
*Lovell's
*Eibach
*Pedders

Any information will be much appreciated.

ICV 73C
30-11-2007, 08:32 PM
ive been a big fan of kings superlows. good value for my money and i love the comfyness thats y i keep going back to them. and quite cheap roughly $230 for a set of 4 brand new.

BlitZ
30-11-2007, 10:31 PM
it up to your budget man.

I would reccomend eibach, GC(eibach) or maybe even H&R, neuspeed.

ITs german or JDM for Spec and performance..
AUDM for bling and comfort (except Jumbos)

aaronng
04-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Out of those, I'd choose Eibach. Tony1234 has them on his Euro, send him a PM for his experiences. I've ridden in his car, and his combo of Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers can rival Tein SS.

iced
05-12-2007, 08:28 PM
most of them are the similar enough
any low spring will be fine.
superlow will give you headaches. generally they are the same rate as lows but lower with less travel so it bottoms out way easy. on top of that your shocks will be working at the peak operating range all the time.

i find kings low out of the catalogue are the best bang for buck and good quality.
ive used pedders which have equal quality despite what rumours say.
ive worked on cars running lovells as well which handles well too.
the spring rates between different manufacturers differ.
i know for one that for certain cars ive worked on kings springs are slightly stiffer than whiteline.

they cant make them that stiff so most of them are uprated to a certain extent so the standard shocks (assuming in good condition) can take it.
if you want to compare the spring rate to your stock coils you can ask the spring manufacturers directly and they can tell you the rates.
just an example. If you were to get H&R race springs and try to use it on stock shocks it will be game over for you.
Where as H&R sport will be ok but will definately work better on stiffer shocks.

kmacs and jumbos are hit and miss. unless you state exactly what you want in terms on spring rates etc.
otherwise they can make it however they want. too stiff, or if you're an idiot and ask for too low then they will still make it and your car wont absorb bumps for shit or too soft for the given ride height and will just bottom out the suspension on a small bump.
ive worked on a handful of cars that have been lowered on kmacs and jumbos.
ive used jumbos before too low, uncaptive, unsafe.
currently got a customer of mine booked in to change his kmacs 3inch drop to kings lows because the springs are 3inch upcaptive when i jacked it up. the car scrapes everything and the rear springs are as soft as the stock items.
when people want it decked and have no idea otherwise thats what you get. A shit ride.

yellow-dc2
08-12-2007, 02:58 PM
i know for one that for certain cars ive worked on kings springs are slightly stiffer than whiteline.

this is generally because King's don't really offer a progressive spring rate where as whiteline most of the time do.

King's do exactly what they tell you there gonna do which is lower the car, but whiteline will lower the car and make it handle better.