PDA

View Full Version : shaved door handles?

smodave23
16-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has had their door handles shaved?
I have heard about this been done over in the states alot, and it looks sweet, turns a sedan into a coupe :) Well sort of. Once the handles are shaved they install some button mechanism so you can still open then door.
If anyone has had this done or knows anyone, could you just drop a few lines telling me how good it is, thanks.

dave

saboteur
16-08-2004, 11:10 AM
I'd hate to get a flat battery, that's for sure! :D

MR-VTEC
16-08-2004, 11:33 AM
yeah it is illegal to do. hence the fact that it removes emergency access to your vehicle. what they do is the install solenoids into your door which are remote operated and pop the door open for you. you can do it however but you still need a manual way to still be able to access the inside of your vehicle. like maybe a secret handle or sumthin like when you pull the side mirror it opens the door or sumthin. :)

MRJDM
16-08-2004, 12:10 PM
No need to have any secret handles just carry a brick around and that should prove to be a smashing entrance :p

MR-VTEC
16-08-2004, 12:17 PM
yeah true. lol. i dont see why its such a big deal anyway cause everytime that the vehicles occupant won't be able to open the door themselves the cars that badly smashed that the door wont open normally anyway. :confused: