PDA

View Full Version : Civic Issues

smoove
01-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey peeps just got 2 questions...

1) EK Civic Door Lock
Anyone know how this works? I guess this is sensitive info but what has happened is SOMEHOW, i tried to open the door from the outside and the key barrel retracts back into the door and falls behind somewhere... now from inside the car i try to unlock the door and the lock doesn't budge...

so in summary, the door cannot be opened, and i need to somehow play with the door lock to release it so i can fix the mechanism... the fact i don't have a lot of space as i cannot remove the trim as the door is shut!!!! WTF, i have to pry it back and in what precious little space try to unlock the door manually....

what i can see is one cable which pulls for the door handle release, and another that pushes for the lock to unlock... then there is another 2 cables - one for the key barel, the other for the door handle from the outside..

2) Volt Stabilizer
This may be more of a general than a civic specific... Installed a volt stabilizer to try to fix a grounding issue i've had (off and on, the battery would just die)
I took out the Volt Stabilizer from my S15 and installed into the Civic - +ve to positive, -ve to negative.. the grounding terminal is also situated on the -ve side of the battery and then cables from that terminal to goto various grounding points (throttle body, distributor, alternator, engine, and to the chassis)...

now when i try to startup the car, it feels like the battery is weak, or there is a delayed firing, and the revs have gone up to 1200rpm... mabye something has completed a circuit and it is now tryin to chew up too much power.. any suggestions?

Sorry for the long thread, just annoyed.

bennjamin
01-12-2007, 10:01 PM
disconnect the volt stabilizer. IF the battery is just "dieing" look at your alternator...might be bad.

smoove
03-12-2007, 10:44 PM
2 is fixed - i think when i installed it the battery was disconnected hence the ECU reset... seems to fire up fine and run smoother now

1) i think i'll find someone qualified to do this