PDA

View Full Version : Toda Headers

Ozluder
01-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi guys,

Spoke to Adrian last week about seeing if I could get a better deal on some Toda Headers. For those who missed out on the group buy a couple of months ago....like me....here's your chance to buy the Toda headers for the Euro at a group buy price.

If we get an order for 6 headers, he can do them for $1350 each.
Unfortunatly the dollar is dropping in value at the moment & if it gets worse, he may not be able to do it for that. Currently 92 at the bank.

Hi flow stainless steel cat mod, is normally $500, for 6 he would do it for $400 each.

The reason why I've chosen the Toda header over the J-Tune header is because I can still use the standard exhaust with a Toda header. The J-Tune exhaust was too loud for my liking. Also, looking at a post a couple of months back from Adrian an average gain of 12kw atw from the Toda headers is pretty decent in my opinion.

So if you want to buy the headers just drop me a PM and I'll relay back to Adrian from Toda.

EUR003act
01-12-2007, 08:43 PM
hey buddy,

wish youd told me that earlier!

i ordered the TODA headers from adrian like 8-9weeks ago... im still waiting for them tho! :( they were meant to arrive like over a month ago!

goodluck with yours tho

and yes i agree, TODA is good cause they can be used with stock exhaust, and all other aftermarket catback systems... :D and 10-12kw gain sounds awesome to me! and from what ive heard they are the best made headers available, its just a shame that ive had so many set backs! i wanted them for a dyno day back in NOV :( hopefully ill have them buy the time i get my RBC intake, so i can go get them both dyno'd...

EG30
01-12-2007, 08:48 PM
haha, just to make you guys feel better...

we ordered ours during the group buy, and still waiting for them....

apparently they got lost during transit and meant to come from Japan early Nov as a reorder. It's now early Dec and still no sign of them.

EUR003act
01-12-2007, 08:50 PM
haha, just to make you guys feel better...

we ordered ours during the group buy, and still waiting for them....

apparently they got lost during transit and meant to come from Japan early Nov as a reorder. It's now early Dec and still no sign of them.

OMG thats the same story i was told! apperently they got lost or something.. i was told mine (the second one) was meant to arrive 2weeks ago... but im still waiting on that aswell...

sr3
01-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Installing a performance header on a standard exhaust, that’s just stupid at least get your self a cat back exhaust system, your wasting half your money on buying a performance product which your restricting in its operation by using the standard system.

EUR003act
01-12-2007, 10:34 PM
TODA is good cause they can be used with stock exhaust, and all other aftermarket catback systems...

point made

Ozluder
03-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Installing a performance header on a standard exhaust, that’s just stupid at least get your self a cat back exhaust system, your wasting half your money on buying a performance product which your restricting in its operation by using the standard system.

In terms of priority, I want my car / exhaust to be quiet. I'd love it if there was a cat back exhaust that was as quiet as the standard one when at idle and when accelerating. Unfortunately there isn't.

EUR003act
03-12-2007, 09:47 AM
In terms of priority, I want my car / exhaust to be quiet. I'd love it if there was a cat back exhaust that was as quiet as the standard one when at idle and when accelerating. Unfortunately there isn't.

try doing what i did.... ive been very happy with it :D at warm idle it sounds 100% stock...

r-r-redEuro
03-12-2007, 10:53 AM
hks ? its good ? i enjoy it very quiet or get a mugen one, my friend has one and honestly i say its completely stock until vtec hits.

EUR003act
03-12-2007, 11:28 AM

oh nearly forgot... no its not stupid, do some research - TODA got 10kw gain atw with their headers using stock cat back...

Tobster
03-12-2007, 01:36 PM
oh nearly forgot... no its not stupid, do some research - TODA got 10kw gain atw with their headers using stock cat back...

Presumably on a K20A Euro R though (for which all these Japanese parts are developed), not a 2.4...

aaronng
03-12-2007, 02:19 PM
^^ That's why we are waiting for dynos!!!!!! :thumbsup:

tron07
03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
$1k+ for 10kw? thats expensive power to me.... :p

maracer
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
$1k+ for 10kw? thats expensive power to me.... :p

Thats the price of N/A POWER:p

Ozluder
03-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Presumably on a K20A Euro R though (for which all these Japanese parts are developed), not a 2.4...

Guys see link below. The dyno sheet provided was performed on a stock CL9 with mugen air box

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72029

EUR003act
03-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Guys see link below. The dyno sheet provided was performed on a stock CL9 with mugen air box

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72029

thanks ozluder... i was about to point that out to everyone too :p

no not presumably - definately on 2.4 CL9, why would i state figues for a completely deferent engine?

sodaz
03-12-2007, 05:34 PM

no not presumably - definately on 2.4 CL9, why would i state figues for a completely deferent engine?

That's my dyno chart so yes it's on a 2.4lt CL9 Accord Euro. It also includes the use of a high flow cat.

Tobster
04-12-2007, 09:13 AM

I didn't know what figures you were referring to (sorry).

I see a lot of posts where people just quote manufacturer's gains for products developed for the CL7 (which bolt on to the CL9).

However, you're not likely to get a 10 kw gain with just the header -- probably more like 7 kw. Need a dyno with header only. In the shown example, the header will likely take advantage of the increased air intake and function more efficiently (my guess -- happy to be proved wrong).

It would be more interesting to see a stock car dyno, then a dyno with just the airbox, then just the header, then both together...

aaronng
04-12-2007, 09:41 AM
It would be more interesting to see a stock car dyno, then a dyno with just the airbox, then just the header, then both together...

That would be quite expensive to do...

EUR003act
05-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I didn't know what figures you were referring to (sorry).

I see a lot of posts where people just quote manufacturer's gains for products developed for the CL7 (which bolt on to the CL9).

However, you're not likely to get a 10 kw gain with just the header -- probably more like 7 kw. Need a dyno with header only. In the shown example, the header will likely take advantage of the increased air intake and function more efficiently (my guess -- happy to be proved wrong).

lol its ok... no harm done... i just get snappy on here :p

yeah but my car already has K&N typhoon CAI... lol so im hoping for the 10kw... :D

as for your guess on it taking advantage of the extra air... id say your probably right! to get more power, not only do you need more crap spitting out of the engine, but you need more going in..

BusterSonic12
06-12-2007, 05:18 AM
how much are one of these headers normally?

tony1234
06-12-2007, 06:23 AM
Why do you want one Leon i thought you're getting an S2k?:p

Ozluder
06-12-2007, 12:44 PM

Without the high flow cat, it's $1500 for Ozhonda members.

BusterSonic12
06-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Why do you want one Leon i thought you're getting an S2k?:p

because i got one in my garage that i was planning to fit to my euro before. still untouch in box.

EUR003act
10-12-2007, 07:17 PM
my sexy ass headers arrived today!!!

and oh my god, the headers are perfect!!

gotta get them installed asap

EUR003act
11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
TODA headers installed!!!

mmm they are sexy, first impressions are good :D

although one question for aaronng lol is it normal for there to now be a slight hissing/buzzing noise when accelerating...

thanks

maracer
11-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Yes it is.
After awhile you won’t even notice it anymore.

EUR003act
11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Yes it is.
After awhile you won’t even notice it anymore.

thanks buddy :D

EuroAccord13
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
It's just a flexpipe hiss, nothing to it........

BusterSonic12
11-12-2007, 08:07 PM

although one question for aaronng lol is it normal for there to now be a slight hissing/buzzing noise when accelerating...

thanks

N/A's blow off valve =) hahahha

johnprocter
11-12-2007, 08:24 PM
because i got one in my garage that i was planning to fit to my euro before. still untouch in box.

give it to the johnprocter charity XD

sodaz
12-12-2007, 09:08 AM

thanks

Awesome stuff. The noise will kind of go away once a bit of carbon builds up inside. I had the same noise with mine too.

BusterSonic12
12-12-2007, 02:01 PM
give it to the johnprocter charity XD

i will think about it hahaha

Hullabaloo
26-01-2008, 08:44 AM
bringing up an old thread to see if anyone else is interested. Ozluder, would you consider the Toda (Road) racing headers? they're the normal race headers but with a cat mod already done so you don't need to purchase an extra cat.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61925

E-Gene
26-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Does your CEL come on at all? I've got the same setup but for some reason, my CEL comes on with the Toda cat.

EUR003act
26-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Does your CEL come on at all? I've got the same setup but for some reason, my CEL comes on with the Toda cat.

i have TODA headers with non TODA hiflow metal cat... no CEL :D

free2d
27-01-2008, 12:03 AM
will the flexi joint interfere with exhaust flow?

kongfu
27-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Vote for TODA headers! Best bang for bucks!

E-Gene
30-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Hmmm...after more than 6 months using the TODA headers and cat I'm still loving it. But yes, my CEL still comes on even after I clear it.

So I need some help. Should I replace my cat or should I replace my O2 sensor?

EG30
30-06-2008, 11:47 PM
funny you mentioned the CEL issue...

we installed the toda headers and toda au metallic high flow jdm cat last week on our dc2r and the CEL came on a few times, always occured during hard driving. Clears itself after restart as it should.
not sure if it's excessive wheelspin in the wet or the high flow cat flowing a lot better than the factory cat's spec.
havent had the time to check the fault code(s) as yet.

E-Gene
01-07-2008, 04:35 AM
My fault code that comes up is 0420 which has to do with the cat. But many others here don't have that issue so I'm wondering if it's cos of the sensitive O2 sensor that I have or the hi-flo cat?

EG30
01-07-2008, 05:44 AM
you would think high flow cat is such a popular option with ppl opting for top tier headers and cat back; if it was a common issue this would have been well documented on various honda forums by now.

will keep you posted once i recall the fault code from our dc2r.

aaronng
01-07-2008, 08:28 AM
It is a common issue. Go to tsx.acurazine.com. Quite a few owners there getting CEL with high flow cats. Solution is to move the O2 sensor out of the exhaust flow a bit using an extension. Legal? Probably not. LOL

E-Gene
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I've been pointed in the right direction by one of the members here. Will try it and see how we go. I know about the extention but it required some drilling and stuff which I'm a little inept at. Anyway, there's a dude on Ebay that sells the extention tube so I've ordered it.

Fingers crossed.

aaronng
01-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I've been pointed in the right direction by one of the members here. Will try it and see how we go. I know about the extention but it required some drilling and stuff which I'm a little inept at. Anyway, there's a dude on Ebay that sells the extention tube so I've ordered it.

Fingers crossed.
You should be able to get one that fits without modification off either Excelerate or Heeltoeautomotive. Anyway, good luck and keep us updated!

EuroAccord13
01-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I just got my Toda headers from Adrian (TODA AU), MANY THANKS FOR HIS QUICK DELIVERY and Customer Service! You really do pay for the build quality as well as performance....
Time to junk my DC Sports unit :D (Who wants it cheap?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/ProjectARTCL9170/Perp-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/ProjectARTCL9170/S1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/ProjectARTCL9170/TodaPower.jpg

sodaz
01-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Even though I already have it installed on my car it still looks beautiful! :thumbsup:

Enjoy! :)

kongfu
01-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I just got my Toda headers from Adrian (TODA AU), MANY THANKS FOR HIS QUICK DELIVERY and Customer Service! You really do pay for the build quality as well as performance....
Time to junk my DC Sports unit :D (Who wants it cheap?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/ProjectARTCL9170/Perp-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/ProjectARTCL9170/S1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/ProjectARTCL9170/TodaPower.jpg

Very nice.. Adrian made a straight pipe for you?:eek:

SiReal
01-07-2008, 06:45 PM
those pink slippers look great nick.

nice exhaust!

too much $$$$ u have.

Chi
01-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Very nice.. Adrian made a straight pipe for you?:eek:

No you moron, it comes with it standard

And its called a test pipe.

http://www.fortyone.co.nz/part_images/1178931586k20a-cl7.jpg

E-Gene
01-07-2008, 08:15 PM
They need to learn to put the O2 holes on the correct side. Hmmm...straight through huh? Nice...

I love my TODA too, even if they caused me some distress with installation. (see previous post)

aaronng
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
They need to learn to put the O2 holes on the correct side. Hmmm...straight through huh? Nice...

I love my TODA too, even if they caused me some distress with installation. (see previous post)

Because the Toda headers are made for CL7, the two O2 sensors are on the same side. The CL9 is the odd one with an O2 sensor on each side.

E-Gene
01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
My installer (Revzone) actually went and cut the pipe and welded it back with the sensor holes on each side. What are you planning to do about the holes?

free2d
02-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Toda header isnt it meant for 2L CL7? It fits CL9 2.4L?

Type R Positive
02-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Very nice headers!!! Toda Racing FTW!!!
Just as nice as Baboo's Maximworks headers.

I'm spewing about the cast in manifold on the CU2....
I wonder if the yanks can do anything about it?

tony1234
02-07-2008, 07:15 AM

Are you sure the CU2 exhaust manifold is cast into the head?Why would they have done that?:confused:

Type R Positive
02-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Are you sure the CU2 exhaust manifold is cast into the head?Positive it is. I'll try and grab some more photo's of it today. I have a photo of it in my review. ;)

Why would they have done that?:confused:
Turbo? Hahaha!

Cost I would say. Still dissapointing, considering headers is where most gains come from besides ecu tuning.

Crapdaz
02-07-2008, 08:16 AM
yeh that would suck

aaronng
02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Are you sure the CU2 exhaust manifold is cast into the head?Why would they have done that?:confused:

To get the 1st cat as close as possible to the head.

EuroAccord13
02-07-2008, 11:36 AM
So that the cat warms up faster and produces less harmful exhaust emmissions for the environment.

Back to topic :)

EUR003act
02-07-2008, 06:17 PM

you could probably fit K24/K20 cylinder head onto the block and then use TODA headers as usual?

im guessing its the same block?

Type R Positive
02-07-2008, 06:45 PM
you could probably fit K24/K20 cylinder head onto the block and then use TODA headers as usual?

Probably. Seems like a waste when the CU2 gets all the head improvements like bigger valves.

aaronng
02-07-2008, 07:17 PM

If you change the head, you probably lose the CU2 gains...

EUR003act
02-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Probably. Seems like a waste when the CU2 gets all the head improvements like bigger valves.

TSX head, 1mm oversize valves :D

lol

which would make more power, stock head, stock headers (CU2)... or TSX head (CL9), TODA headers....

my money is on toda :D

Type R Positive
02-07-2008, 09:25 PM
How much money would that cost? That's if it fits to start with.

EUR003act
02-07-2008, 10:39 PM
How much money would that cost? That's if it fits to start with.

TSX head = $800 approx
TODA headers = $1500 approx

Type R Positive
03-07-2008, 12:15 AM
$800 for head is very good.

Eire
04-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Im considering a toda for my euro R at the minute,is everyone here who has one happy with them?notice any gains?Anyone had a rolling road done before/after fitment?

Also does the test pipe come with it or is it a seperate addition?

enkay
04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
i think test pipe comes with the header =D
i dont have it so im not sure bout that header but..
wed im gettin my maxim headers + hiflo cat installed and ill give ppl an update after.
atm im just enjoyin my recently installed nst pulleys (lying in my room for like over a yr o.0)

EUR003act
04-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Im considering a toda for my euro R at the minute,is everyone here who has one happy with them?notice any gains?Anyone had a rolling road done before/after fitment?

Also does the test pipe come with it or is it a seperate addition?

definately gains there... dont know if youve seen my posts, but im getting 133kw atw with just bolt on mods... i think i'd be fair to say atleast a third of that power is coming from my TODA headers....

i purchased my headers from adrian from TODA AU, and it came included with test pipe, aswell as a special discounted price for ozhonda members...

enkay
09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
hm didnt want to create a new thread but yer i installed my maxim headers today n a 2.5" xforce metal core cat.
havent really gave it a real go yet, but did hit vtec once and sure feels good haha def can feel a kick now haha
normal driving is good too more power in the mid, esp with my pulleys.

Type R Positive
09-07-2008, 07:15 PM
:camera: Please!!! I love those Maxim headers!!! :cool:

aaronng
09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
hm didnt want to create a new thread but yer i installed my maxim headers today n a 2.5" xforce metal core cat.
havent really gave it a real go yet, but did hit vtec once and sure feels good haha def can feel a kick now haha
normal driving is good too more power in the mid, esp with my pulleys.

In for test ride in your car! :p

enkay
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
haha at the next meet.. ill let ya test drive it =P
heres an image for now, its posted on another thread but ill take better photos when i can get my hands on a cam
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/667/photo0068jd7.jpg

Type R Positive
09-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I remember Baboo had to change cat flange for the Maxim too.

BusterSonic12
09-07-2008, 11:13 PM
how much did it cost u to put the cat n header together?

enkay
17-07-2008, 09:33 AM
was like 350 for cat n 160 for header install
here are some more pics =D
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/976/sl370884il0.jpg
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7205/sl370885jv1.jpg
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5654/sl370882iv1.jpg

johnprocter
17-07-2008, 10:20 AM
whats the J's racing cover for?

enkay
17-07-2008, 10:33 AM
o i just chucked in a pic of my j's racing intake =P

johnprocter
17-07-2008, 10:34 AM
nice how much was it?

felixd
17-07-2008, 12:12 PM
omg thats just perfect fully JDM style love the burnt color n how much is the cat cost you and is it bolt on or custom fit any EML lights after the cat install? thx

enkay
17-07-2008, 06:21 PM
j's intake - 990
maxim header - 900 (2nd hand)
cat - 350 installed (custom fit)
so far i havnt had any CEL come up..
yer i love the burnt color with blue tint to it too =D

felixd
17-07-2008, 06:32 PM
hey mate do you have the cat converter pics ? i wanna c how its done thx man

enkay
17-07-2008, 06:35 PM