PDA

View Full Version : How do i know im getting a genuine DC2R?

Neesmo31
03-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey all just wanting to know how to confirm that im buying a genuine DC2 Type R.

It has recaro interior and this and that, but what is the definute way of verifying this?

Could someone with a Gen Type R quote some figures off their VIN/Engine number so i can compare the ones this guy gave me?

Or if their is any quick way of telling that would be awesome. Thanks.

Looks like i might be getting one after all if everything goes to plan.

macoman69
03-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Dude easiest way is to check the vin/chassis number. As well as engine number. All Australian delivered DC2R engines should be marked b18c7.

I doubt many ppl would be out there making there vtir or gsi look EXACTLY like a Type R so dont stress out too much.

There are things that you can look at to see its a genuine Type R.
- All Type R's are 5 stud (wheels)
- Should be marked as a b18c7
- Vin and Chassis numbers should match up
- Number of what build the car is should be under the handbrake should match up with the vin number
- Check what the car is registered as (would be sus if it where not registered as a type r)
- Cluster should have carbon fibre backing.
- Carbon Fibre should be around the dash like aircon vents (for some reason though Type R's Never came with carbon fibre insert on the passenger side airvent..weird lol)
- Check the log books see if the vin and chassis number inside the log books match the ones on the car.
- Type R's dont come with any sound deadening inside the cabin (im not sure whether there is any visible sound deadening in the other integra boots but i know Type R's dont have any in the boot)
- The windscreen glass on Type R's is thinner than usual.
Type R's dont have any side mouldings on the side of the car like the Gsi or Vtir.

- DC2 Type R's only came in :
Championship white,
Milano Red,
Indy yellow (i think thats what its called),
Midnight black (01 came with nighthawk black)

Not much more i can think of. I doubt someone would go to the trouble of making an exact replica of a type r. Cause it would probably cost more just to get everything perfect than to buy a genuine type r.

Just go with your gut and if some things dont add up and you start feeling like its not the right thing to do then dont go through with it. Your the buyer and you have the money.
That being said hope everything goes well.

Neesmo31
03-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Here it is.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/Neesmo31/081.jpg?t=1196649901

1900-hustler
03-12-2007, 12:55 PM
^^ thats a dc2r

Neesmo31
03-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Excellent - just wanted to be 100% sure - i know most people would take the time and effort to convert all geniune gear.

Thanks

beeza
03-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Dude easiest way is to check the vin/chassis number. As well as engine number. All Australian delivered DC2R engines should be marked b18c7.

I doubt many ppl would be out there making there vtir or gsi look EXACTLY like a Type R so dont stress out too much.

- Number of what build the car is should be under the handbrake should match up with the vin number
- Check what the car is registered as (would be sus if it where not registered as a type r)
- Carbon Fibre should be around the dash like aircon vents (for some reason though Type R's Never came with carbon fibre insert on the passenger side airvent..weird lol)
- Check the log books see if the vin and chassis number inside the log books match the ones on the car.
- Type R's dont come with any sound deadening inside the cabin (im not sure whether there is any visible sound deadening in the other integra boots but i know Type R's dont have any in the boot)
Type R's dont have any side mouldings on the side of the car like the Gsi or Vtir.

Championship white,
Milano Red,

Not much more i can think of. I doubt someone would go to the trouble of making an exact replica of a type r. Cause it would probably cost more just to get everything perfect than to buy a genuine type r.

Just go with your gut and if some things dont add up and you start feeling like its not the right thing to do then dont go through with it. Your the buyer and you have the money.

I think this post needs to be repped OR at least a nice comment throwin' his way.He's gone to a lot of effort to help you mate.

macoman69
03-12-2007, 01:07 PM
I think this post needs to be repped OR at least a nice comment throwin' his way.He's gone to a lot of effort to help you mate.

hahahahahaha im glad someone appreciates it.

beeza
03-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Honestly,nothing s**ts me more when someone has obviously made a big effort to help someone out and they just get ignored.

macoman69
03-12-2007, 01:17 PM
tell me about it.
And the moderators dont even seem to care....arent they supposed to be pushing positive reinforcment lol.

XP02ED
03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
reps given, and that pic looks like a dc2R, althoug wing seems low, but never really looked

Neesmo31
03-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Yeah i do appreciate it - its a big help. Guess ive spent too much time on other forums where people dont give a shit about the time you put into research and whatnot. Thanks anyways mate!

beeza
03-12-2007, 01:38 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Q_ball
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
tell me about it.
And the moderators dont even seem to care....arent they supposed to be pushing positive reinforcment lol.

Dont ask for it man, its not the best way to go about getting points...esp from a moderator.

The pic doesnt mean anything, looking like an ITR doesnt mean it is.
There was a yellow "ITR" in sydney before that was in fact a converted GSi or VtiR - cant remember now as it was quite some time ago.
Owner had converted everything on it from GSi/VtiR parts to ITR parts.

Its funny, cause it was yellow too!

macoman69
03-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Dont ask for it man, its not the best way to go about getting points...esp from a moderator.

The pic doesnt mean anything, looking like an ITR doesnt mean it is.
There was a yellow "ITR" in sydney before that was in fact a converted GSi or VtiR - cant remember now as it was quite some time ago.
Owner had converted everything on it from GSi/VtiR parts to ITR parts.

Its funny, cause it was yellow too!

my bad lol.

Yeah thats true but if the log book information matches everything on the car, engine number, vin number etc. Im pretty sure it would be legit. Unless he somehow got someone elses log books and firewall and did a rebirth job on it.

If someone has gone to that much trouble then WOW!

Philip Lee
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
well i checked out a CW DC2R and the Type R no. isn't the same as the VIN. (the R number is the same as engine no. tho). i looked at the service book and varified with the selling dealer and it seems geninue (both VIN and engine no. are the same as recorded with Honda). so i don't think the R no. will always equal to the VIN. (correct me if i'm wrong tho)

Zdster
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
The best way to tell that it is genuine is to get a hack saw and cut through the base of the mirror. Inside there should be a little "type r" emblem. If it isnt there then it is just a gsi made up to look like a type r.

macoman69
03-12-2007, 01:53 PM
well i checked out a CW DC2R and the Type R no. isn't the same as the VIN. (the R number is the same as engine no. tho). i looked at the service book and varified with the selling dealer and it seems geninue (both VIN and engine no. are the same as recorded with Honda). so i don't think the R no. will always equal to the VIN. (correct me if i'm wrong tho)

I dont know how that works. i know sometimes the engine number doesnt match because they had a dud engine in the assembly. But i dont see how the Vin wouldnt match the Type R number....unless it was a dud chassis...maybe someone could elaborate.

Neesmo31
03-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Here is a way - lol

I though why not go straight to honda - their customer service email is

Honda Customer Service - HCA@raa.com.au

I gave them the VIN number from the vehicle and they verified that it is a genuine Type R Integra. Thanks for your help everyone.

Shorty
03-12-2007, 07:18 PM
you'll have to update us on the pruchase...it looks sweeeet !
where you located?

destrukshn
03-12-2007, 07:41 PM
easy get the vin
call up honda.
they will tell you if it's a type r or not.

OMG.JAI xD
03-12-2007, 08:04 PM
just a question..

i saw on wiki that, since the ITR's have the lsd n closer gear ratios, it also has its own code for it.

along with the b18c7 engine code, is there a way to see the tranny code?

IEVAQ8
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
just take the vin number down and go to a honda dealer and ask them to check in the system if it is a type r..........
if u cant get that done, give me the vin number and i will have my mechanic at honda check it for you, and he will even tell me which honda dealer sold it and what options it came out with and if its ofcourse the most important answer a genuine type r

kevster
06-12-2007, 06:57 PM
the numer between the seats on mine was 00464 my engine number was 1000465 vin ends in 1171 so not even close! ive owned my car from new, so really check service history , ive been a member on honda 1 and can get a complete service history of my car , which is damm important with this car. also check under the mat of the trunk floor an it should be black plastic "board" type material. tranny also has a black stamp LSD on it. recaros have to be alcantara "leather" as ive noticed some dc2r with basic sr3 recaros hope this helps also

xntrik
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM
If not mentioned earlier

Type-R's come with factory options such as Side Skirt,
Rear Pod, and rear strut bar.

I think thats it.

olda
07-12-2007, 07:23 AM

R # on plate under the hand brake doesn't have to be same as the VIN #. Could be 1 or 2 numbers off. I believe, the # on plate refers to a # of the car delivered and sold in Australia, where as VIN # refers to a # of chassis build in the factory. First one or two bodies could be kept and used be the factory as the reference bodies for quality monitoring. Hence the difference. Australian DC2R specification differs from Japan. Headlamps being the most obvious one.

buzz
07-12-2007, 11:33 AM

Championship white,
Milano Red,

Great information 2 thumbs up i say :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Moya
07-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Watch out with DC2R's. There's alot of yum chars out there who put DC2R JDM Clusters in them, and sell them for 60,000KM's.

JDM Cluster = 180KM/hr
AUDM Cluster = 260KM/hr

Also, watch out for the ricers who put a home made air intake, K&N Filter and blue headlights and thrash the shit out of the car.

marky53
07-12-2007, 03:13 PM
How many DC2r's were built each year?

Any how many for each colour??

(mine is 2001 #175 in Milano Red)

Lepperfish
08-12-2007, 11:23 AM
How many DC2r's were built each year?

Any how many for each colour??

(mine is 2001 #175 in Milano Red)

Ive asked this on other forums and never had a response. I would like to know how many DC2R's were offered for sale in Australia.

Mine is a 2000 # 00-0016 in Sunlight Yellow.

marky53
08-12-2007, 01:07 PM
seeing this question is a bit off topic, is it worth starting another thread?

tct
08-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Ive asked this on other forums and never had a response. I would like to know how many DC2R's were offered for sale in Australia.

i think urs is suppose to be phoenix yellow

olda
08-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Only 2000 DC2R's were officially brought to Australia in 1999/2000. 500 in each colour. There could a few specials from the Indy race in QLD and some grey imports with different h/lamps.

marky53
09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
2000 in 99/00, so what about the 01 model? Were they all built the same time, but sold and registered at different times???

eg_08_wa
09-12-2007, 09:43 PM
well according to honda, there was no itr in 99, despite what the build plate says. if you ask any honda spare parts, according to their microcat system, it lists dc2r's from 2000-2001 only.
i've got an aug 99 cw dc2r. microcat listed it as a 2000 model.

hope that makes sense and helps

xntrik
09-12-2007, 09:49 PM
well according to honda, there was no itr in 99, despite what the build plate says. if you ask any honda spare parts, according to their microcat system, it lists dc2r's from 2000-2001 only.

:thumbsup:

Elwood
10-12-2007, 11:14 PM
*quickly looks at dc2r*

..i swear there IS carbon fibre around my passanger air conditioning vent :P

marky53
11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
maybe someone swapped it over from the driver's side???.... my passenger side is not a carbon insert......

macoman69
11-12-2007, 11:25 AM
*quickly looks at dc2r*

..i swear there IS carbon fibre around my passanger air conditioning vent :P

Hahahaha.....I know i thought the exact same thing. Then someone told me there wasnt any carbon on the passenger side and i was like BS. Then i finally looked and i was like WTF i got gyped!! Lol. But yes all DC2R will not have carbon around the passenger air vent. Unless custom done :)

AzKik-R
12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
how about the key, do the non type r's come with or without one of those red keys???

eg_08_wa
12-12-2007, 11:50 PM
red keys come with most/all honda's
that red key allows access to reset ur ecu, and is used to configure ur immobiliser...so if ur car came factory with immobiliser, you get a red key

Elwood
16-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Hahahaha.....I know i thought the exact same thing. Then someone told me there wasnt any carbon on the passenger side and i was like BS. Then i finally looked and i was like WTF i got gyped!! Lol. But yes all DC2R will not have carbon around the passenger air vent. Unless custom done

..and i swear my wheels are 4 stud lol..

I have Starcorp Vortex 18's, and there are the exact same for sale with a 4x100 config ..

*again, quickly runs and looks at my vtir..*

i mean type r :S :S :S

Parsout
17-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey!

When I bought my Type R, I asked Hiro at Honda what it was for - and he said it's specifically for when you want to transport the car to another state and/or different country - as when you turn the key, the car becomes completely immobilised until reprogrammed by a Honda tech in the location where it will end up.

Weird no?

Cheers, D.

red keys come with most/all honda's
that red key allows access to reset ur ecu, and is used to configure ur immobiliser...so if ur car came factory with immobiliser, you get a red key

destrukshn
17-12-2007, 04:40 PM

built in late 99 like, october on?
this is how honda works
if the car is built in october 99 it will be classed as a 2000.
so their years don't start from january, they start from october.