PDA

View Full Version : To change the rear seats in an 89 Prelud :)

DNT-CRY
03-12-2007, 03:06 PM
To change the rear seats in an 89 Prelude: 1) Fold the back seat down. 2) Get in the car, and on one of the sides at the hinge for the seat, there is a little black plastic spacer with a little tab for grabbing, pull this out 3) With that spacer removed, you can slide the seat-back to the side so that it will pop out of the holes 4) Now that the seat-back is out, you'll see two (2) bolts on the body and the back of the seat-bottom, holding metal straps to the body. These straps are for the seat-bottom. Undo them. 5) The seat-bottom is now held only by two bent metal clips at the front that slide into the body. Tilt the seat-bottom forward, and then lift the seat out. 6) If you want to remove the head-rest, there are two (2) bolts, one (1) on each side of the opening to the trunk, undo them. There is a little tab in the center that the head-rest slides into, so when you put it back in, you want to make sure you get it back in there. (I'm going by memory, it may be one tab on either side, not sure)

Reinsallation is simply the reverse.

Did this to my mates prelude pretty easy and info came from http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_change_the_rear_seats_in_a_1989_Honda_P relude

Hope this helps some one there

87SIlude
04-12-2007, 10:41 AM
so this is generaly the same for a 2nd gen??? i hope so, i want those head rests of for a re upholstering