PDA

View Full Version : I can't make up for mistakes

yellow-dc2
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I am sick off being treated like i am the worst thing in the world due to me making a couple of mistakes early on in the process, i signed up to this forum to learn and hopefully share some of my experience and due to mistakes i made very early i was Minus rep'ed which has made it very hard to get back on top.

I am seen as a retard by judgmental members of this forum, i have tryed very hard to get out of the red and i have helped people along the way and i am still being treated like a 12 year old with no knowledge of car's, when my knowledge would exceed many regular posters.

If you want me to share my knowledge with others from this forum you will bring my rep back to zero to at least give me a fighting chance.

Just look at some of my posts and you will know i am serous about this!!!

destrukshn
03-12-2007, 03:12 PM
meh?
post up some links so we can have a look.
how does that sounds?

SiReal
03-12-2007, 03:20 PM
members of OH are very unforgiving. If you try too hard, they can pick it in an instant.

I suggest that if you are facing personal attacks, contact an online moderator with link to that defaming post and we will take appropriate action.

Its only the internet. So i wouldn't worry too much trying to impress a few little ethugs.

SiReal
03-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Further to that, if your red dot, aka post quality points are not legitimately given, this is abuse of the PQ system and will be dealt with harshly, following the recent abuse by certain few members.

yellow-dc2
03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I am not worried about what other people think of me, i do this for own personal gain, and yes sireal OH members are very very unforgiving

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80088

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79756

SiReal
03-12-2007, 03:31 PM
yellow-dc2, I have seen nothing in those two threads which implicate personal attacks. They are merely technicial discussions. I do however see alot of unfounded 'opinions' being thrown around which may be the reason why you accumulated some red dots.

There is always the argument of e-mechanic vs the real deal. And at the end of the day, the real deal will always win imo, as their techniques are tried, tested and proven.

I don't think this is a cause for concern. Perhaps a new conservative approach in defending your opinion, and an open mind for ALL answers might help. It works for me :thumbsup:

yellow-dc2
03-12-2007, 03:37 PM
yellow-dc2, I have seen nothing in those two threads which implicate personal attacks. They are merely technicial discussions. I do however see alot of unfounded 'opinions' being thrown around which may be the reason why you accumulated some red dots.

I don't think this is a cause for concern. Perhaps a new conservative approach in defending your opinion, and an open mind for ALL answers might help. It works for me :thumbsup:

I wasn't complaining about personal attacks, i was merely bring to light the fact that i believe i am being treated unfairly, if you read it again its not my opinions that are unfounded quite the opposite. i am the only one giving the info, i don't just reply with the same thing as everyone else, and if there is a problem i will try and fix it (whiteline) and yet i am still shot down cos some members are to proud to admit they have been fighting a lost cause.

These are all just the way i see it, if its clearly a problem on my behalf i will no longer contribute to OH as i do not fit with this community.

SiReal
03-12-2007, 03:39 PM
The problem also lies with the fact that you persisted with the whiteline issue even though it has already been looked into time and time again.

I.e. rather than discounting whiteline as the fault, have a read of the several threads before making your statement.

I'll see what the other mods say. Either way, don't be disheartened.

aaronng
03-12-2007, 03:43 PM
This post of yours is a surefire way to get someone rilled up. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1453955&postcount=25

Also with regards to this post (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1451709&postcount=21), did you actually go and test the new mounting system? I'm sure it works fine but statements like this can get people attacking you in no time if you didn't actually test it out yourself.

yellow-dc2
03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
just clear this up, all i wanted to do was find the facts, as not one person had anything that could be considered as FACT.

Also with regards to this post (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=21), did you actually go and test the new mounting system? I'm sure it works fine but statements like this can get people attacking you in no time if you didn't actually test it out yourself.
why would i need to test it when it has been proven to work, Whiteline can't make these comments without backing them up.

This post of yours is a surefire way to get someone rilled up. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...5&postcount=25

that may have been overboard but i felt the comments where not worth the time that member took to write it.

aaronng
03-12-2007, 03:46 PM
just clear this up, all i wanted to do was find the facts, as not one person had anything that could be considered as FACT.

With the old mounting system, a fair portion of whiteline bar users got tearing. Those complaining about it in the thread are the users themselves. If the subframe tore on their car, then it is FACT enough for them.

yellow-dc2
03-12-2007, 03:50 PM
With the old mounting system, a fair portion of whiteline bar users got tearing. Those complaining about it in the thread are the users themselves. If the subframe tore on their car, then it is FACT enough for them.

it has happened this i admit but it hasn't happened recently which was my issue, giving a good quality product a bad name just for the sake of 1 mistake EARLY in the development is not fair to them.

aaronng
03-12-2007, 03:58 PM
it has happened this i admit but it hasn't happened recently which was my issue, giving a good quality product a bad name just for the sake of 1 mistake EARLY in the development is not fair to them.

From your posts here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1448820&postcount=14 and http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1450460&postcount=16, you seem to be sending the message that subframe tearouts from using a whiteline RSB is a myth. You didn't say that subframe tearouts stopped happening with the new mounting system.

aaronng
03-12-2007, 04:01 PM

You should realise that first impressions are the ONLY impressions in everyday life. It happens in business deals, it happens in interviews and it even happens in the social circle.

An example is the Jtune extreme. They got very poor response to the group buy eventhough they offered a good discount because they delayed the release date many times and broke delivery date promises when they first started. Now that they have the actual product with proven gains, people are still wary on spending money on them.

Q_ball
03-12-2007, 04:11 PM
In saying that, im not gonna go through ur posts etc,
But jst from the past with some older members ere - its taken them more than 1-2 yrs of continual efforts and posting to regain their "status" within the community.

Youve made only 26 productive posts since the Feb 07 and you expect to be redeemed so quickly?

Dont take it to heart, but you're gonna have to contribute a bit more in our day to day forum discussions to gain ur rep back.

My 2c.

dsp26
03-12-2007, 04:36 PM
dude don't worry about it seriously.... the green boxes don't add much value to a member trust me.. read the last few pages of this:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31660&page=48

If your helping and assisting others then thats great, your benefiting the OH community and thats all you need to know... you don't have anything to prove to anyone here unless your trying to back up something you know nothing off and using a 'reputable' company as a source of credible information for backup... at the end of the day the end users will have the true feedback and at the end of the day every business has to make money.

I guess what some of the above are getting at as well is that, when providing any advice make sure it's backed with experience, or sources etc.... no-one looks up to an 'e-mechanic or e-thug' if you give the impression... you know what my very first post on OH was about?? I was telling the world how great those fuel line rare earth magnets were and everyone here paid me out, i even remember a lot of reputable members here who bagged me out and yet they have provided me some PQ down the track... we all start somewhere in terms of experience and clubs/forums

Trust me i'm sure alot of the big long green pole bar thingy people have had some and probably more neg rep than you... you just don't notice because they've outweighed it... i've had some neg rep and i know i deserved it...

xtercii
03-12-2007, 04:41 PM
bro you just wanna become a member a start selling stuff aye?? haha...

yellow-dc2
03-12-2007, 04:49 PM
bro you just wanna become a member a start selling stuff aye?? haha...

to be 100% honest, i have no Honda parts to sell as i don't drive a Honda and never have:eek:

*waiting for flame by the mass population of OH*

I love the brand for what it represents and i do have quite a few Honda's at my disposal, to work on and enjoy modifications, i'm just not the one paying for it.

SiReal
03-12-2007, 05:27 PM
you know what my very first post on OH was about?? I was telling the world how great those fuel line rare earth magnets were and everyone here paid me out, i even remember a lot of reputable members here who bagged me out and yet they have provided me some PQ down the track...

dsp26 is a great example. hahahah. i still remember he used to drive a pink NX coupe. He was a non Honda owner, coming from a nissan forum i think, yet he provided so much awesome advice and actually could be bothered to vs the other thousands of members who just read and did nothing.

Nikki
03-12-2007, 05:51 PM
*hugs* i think maybe make a few good post and you will be ok la

andiiso
03-12-2007, 06:07 PM
i know wat u saying yellow dc2, but i guess its just the way this place is, and there is a big majority of ppl on here that arent smartass's that just look for pplz mistakes n give them a tonne of shi3t .. but theres alwaiiz the 1 or 2 in the popularity .. i mean go on a big cruise 95% of ppl are all cool widout the burnout cop attracting stuff, but then theres alwaiiz the 5% show off style ppl.

I wasnt greatly happy about some responses i got on a recent thread i made about directional rims so i went n researched myself n asked at Honda and saw a few for my own eyes. I posted up n told everyone and the ppl who laughed at the idea just shut up n never replied actually, no one replied, meaning no one cared so yer, but as long as i knew for myself i was cool.

so i guess, thats the way it is, and just live it, no point complainin, wat they gonna do, change anothers personality thru the web ?

bennjamin
03-12-2007, 06:26 PM
yellow-dc2 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=13387) , did i jump you around abit ? Please dont take my questionable opinion of whiteline goods as offence to you :) There is history behind whiteline goods and they have a long difficult journey ahead to reap back the customers lost.

Enjoy the website dude , hopefully you will realise there is a bunch of friendly people here

yellow-dc2
03-12-2007, 06:39 PM
nuff said by all

I will just harden the f**k up and try and pull myself out of the rutt

dsp26
03-12-2007, 07:41 PM
yellow-dc2 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=13387) , did i jump you around abit ? Please dont take my questionable opinion of whiteline goods as offence to you :) There is history behind whiteline goods and they have a long difficult journey ahead to reap back the customers lost.

indeed and the following was a continuation to the thread that started it all:
http://www.suspensionparts.info/showthread.php?s=&threadid=272

tinkerbell
03-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Just look at some of my posts and you will know i am serous about this!!!

like this?!??!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80111

boreing out to increase diameter is COMPLETLEY different to creating a venturi...

tinkerbell
03-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I havn't had it done for a while so i don't know anyone in Melbourne anymore, maybe just ring a couple of mechanics and ask if they know someone, and find a reputable company as it can be done the wrong way, but its rear.

ummmm, yeah dude, real helpful stuff???

tinkerbell
03-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Enjoy the website dude , hopefully you will realise there is a bunch of friendly people here

mis-information makes tinkerbell cry :(

yellow-dc2
03-12-2007, 08:33 PM
like this?!??!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80111

boreing out to increase diameter is COMPLETLEY different to creating a venturi...

so what your saying is you can't make a Venturi bigger?

once again!!! i'm sick of people trying to comment on shit they don't know about!!!

Paul1985
03-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I dont see any issues in those threads other than useful debating.
This helps point out do's and don'ts.
There is useful debating and then there is simply just being harsh and rude.

I dont see any issues with either threads.. You had one point of view, some people had another. You found some professional results. Now its all clear..

Not everyone has the same opinion or method on how to do things.
Aslong as you can back yourself up then there is no issue.

tinkerbell
03-12-2007, 08:40 PM
so what your saying is you can't make a Venturi bigger?

i am saying the guy DIDN'T ask about Venturi, he asked about boring out and "throttle response"...

yellow-dc2
03-12-2007, 08:43 PM
i am saying the guy DIDN'T ask about Venturi, he asked about boring out and "throttle response"...

I'm sorry for explaining the whole process and teaching him something, but he didn't seem to be overly pissed about it.

and read the crap you posted mate! its just flat out wrong

tinkerbell
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
and read the crap you posted mate! its just flat out wrong

please feel free to provide corrections, you might even get some green action too :thumbsup:

tinkerbell
03-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry for explaining the whole process and teaching him something, but he didn't seem to be overly pissed about it.

yeah, your info was so clear and comprehendable that he said:

Thanks for the the info guys, So if i get this done is it a 50/50 chance that i might lose some throttle response? or is a definate gain
=)

panda[cRx]
04-12-2007, 06:26 AM
lol it's a red dot on an internet forum, get over it!

littlecivic
04-12-2007, 10:05 AM
the dots dont lie.... :p

chillout, atleast its the internet, you dont have to be apart of it all... respect other peoples point of view, maybe listen to them and you might learn something yourself, if your just on here to teach people, or brag about your knowlege then people wont listen or take you seriously.

I am new on here and have found those with many green dots and high status to be very generous kind people with alot of knowledge and experience. They take time out of there day to help you out. :) most people on this site are not here to prove themselves superior, just to help out the best they can, you dont need to prove people wrong, just suggest an alternative method they you may feel better suits.

what good does it do for your own learning trying to be right all the time?

When you are more accepting to hear the other side you might learn a better way of doing something, or learn something new. It's not about being in the right all the time, its about finding the best way.

peace out and respect guys!
:wave:
LOL

yellow-dc2
04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
mate you don't need to tell me this.

ek4-guy
04-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I scanned through some of ur lastest posts and it seems that you have been trying to be helpfull.

The only thing i can think is that maybe sometimes your posts seem a little passive/aggressive most people are in fact this way

The key is to master how to be Assertive without comming across Aggressive or Passive.
As the aggressive side will not make friends and the passive side will be walked on.

some examples are

Passive person would use frequent justifications like: "I wouldn't normally say anything, only ......,"

Aggressive person would use opinion expressed as fact like. "That's a useless way to do it"

Assertive person would make the distinction between fact and opinion like. "My experiance is different"

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Passive will use statements known as Qualifiers like. "It's only my opinion" or "I might be wrong"

Aggressive in the same situation might give heavy handed advice like. "You should", " You ought" or "Why dont you"

Assertive people might seek other opionions like. "How does this fit in with your plans"

Q_ball
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
^LOL

People skills 101 :)

ek4-guy
04-12-2007, 02:19 PM
oops forgot

i hope this helps in some way :thumbsup:

tinkerbell
04-12-2007, 02:21 PM
oops forgot

i hope this helps in some way :thumbsup:

nah, might be a bit too passive mate, maybe:

"i am sure this will be of some help!"

or

"this has helped me in many situations!"

ek4-guy
04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
lol that would be expressing opinion as fact as i'm not sure that it will help.

tinkerbell
04-12-2007, 02:26 PM
well, if you are uncomfortable being assertive, at least you are hopeful :)

ek4-guy
04-12-2007, 02:34 PM
so you are assuming that my statement "I hope this helps in some way" as passive.

that is half the problem it wasnt passive it wasnt anything but mearly being polite and being polite is not being passive

yellow-dc2
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Good advice, its hard to get body language across via the internet.

tinkerbell
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
so you are assuming that my statement "I hope this helps in some way" as passive.

that is half the problem it wasnt passive it wasnt anything but mearly being polite and being polite is not being passive

sorry, i was joking, i forgot the LOL at the end i guess? :) :thumbsup:

ek4-guy
04-12-2007, 02:41 PM
very true yellow and considering that verbal is only 10% of the communication that we use its harder to be understood over the net.

beeza
04-12-2007, 03:41 PM
you know what my very first post on OH was about?? I was telling the world how great those fuel line rare earth magnets were and everyone here paid me out, i even remember a lot of reputable members here who bagged me out and yet they have provided me some PQ down the track... we all start somewhere in terms of experience and clubs/forums

Haha.This reminds me of my first post...saying I just got banned on d-series.org :D I got flammed too.It's all good man.
Now just do as we did and redeem yourself :p

aaronng
04-12-2007, 04:00 PM
LOL, in one of my very first posts, I made a total mistake about the VTEC system in the Euro. hahaha.. I got corrected and was grateful for that though.

I've also had my fair share of negative rep.

markCivicVti
04-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Hey... IMO yellow-dc2 has made a noticable effort to straighten out his record.

I just suggest you (mods) show a bit of grace and bring him back to being even.. neither green nor red. People seem hesitant to pro rep someone who is on red. Provided you agree that you have noticed the effort.

claymore
04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
When he posts some correct information he will get +points but most of his advice is incorrect and he gets - points for the incorrect advice then throws a fit on the forum complaining about it. Learn some CORRECT automotive knowledge and pass it on and you will get off the red list but if you continue to post incorrect information you are going to continue to receive - points.

yfin
04-12-2007, 06:47 PM
I just suggest you (mods) show a bit of grace and bring him back to being even.. neither green nor red. People seem hesitant to pro rep someone who is on red. Provided you agree that you have noticed the effort.

Is that for moderators to decide? The PQ points are supposed to be given out by members. If you believe that someone makes a good post it is up to you to give them a rep point - don't wait for a moderator to do it.

I also want to remind people that the PQ point system was designed to come up with a way to make people contribute before being able to sell items on Ozhonda. It is not a competition or a race. Don't get too hung up on the number of dots you have and it does not necessarily reflect your contribution or the quality of your posts if you have more or less blocks than the next person.

tinkerbell
04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey... IMO yellow-dc2 has made a noticable effort to straighten out his record.

ummm, i have already given him a +ve PQ in the throttle body thread... :thumbsup:

but he did make a good post, so was rewarded.

but needs to keep it up - all is fair for all involved, no-one should get a "clean slate" just for posting a whinge thread about it...

has he even changed his signature yet???

that will be a first step to reclaiming some respect :wave:

dsp26
04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Don't get too hung up on the number of dots you have and it does not necessarily reflect your contribution or the quality of your posts if you have more or less blocks than the next person.

That's true, I've witnessed great posts from knowledgeable and reputable workshop members on here who don't even have (m)any green dots... to me, members like them are here for the genuine benefit of others and don't bother getting caught up in stuff like this...

on a half serious note.. i wouldn't mind trading my dots for like a free ozhonda lanyard or something... kinda like flybys points?? :p

Bayani
05-12-2007, 12:55 AM
New thread for that? Sounds like a good idea - However.

OzH would be then giving something of value for points that essentially have no monetary value; It may not be a financially viable option unless you set the cost of a lanyard quite high.

And it removes the nature of the rep points away from being a recognition of helpful posts; to becoming a currency. And that, WILL be abused by a minority.

-----------------

I don't think you should get a clean slate. As tink said, OzH can't go about giving pardons because you found it hard. It needs to be a equal system for all.

ek4-guy
05-12-2007, 08:11 AM
New thread for that? Sounds like a good idea - However.

OzH would be then giving something of value for points that essentially have no monetary value; It may not be a financially viable option unless you set the cost of a lanyard quite high.

And it removes the nature of the rep points away from being a recognition of helpful posts; to becoming a currency. And that, WILL be abused by a minority.

-----------------

I don't think you should get a clean slate. As tink said, OzH can't go about giving pardons because you found it hard. It needs to be a equal system for all.

i understand about making rep points a currency but you cant say that the contributions that earned those pq points have not made ozhonda better and therefore the site more valuable.

Zilli
05-12-2007, 09:03 PM

Bayani
06-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Lol :d

Kiz_EG6
12-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Lol :d

Why every time i get post repped i get like 2 and when i'm neg repped it's at leat 10 or more, VERY FRUSTRATING!!

tinkerbell
12-12-2007, 01:13 PM
you must be getting +ve repped by people of low reputation and -ve repped by people with high reputation?

is that how it works?

bennjamin
12-12-2007, 01:15 PM
you must be getting +ve repped by people of low reputation and -ve repped by people with high reputation?

is that how it works?

that would be it.

tinkerbell
12-12-2007, 01:16 PM
that would be it.

well, then there might be a message in that for you Kiz_EG6

tinkerbell
12-12-2007, 01:17 PM
and going from your posts in the 86 integra differential thread, maybe you could be a little bit more accurate/correct in your advice?

Kiz_EG6
12-12-2007, 01:27 PM
and going from your posts in the 86 integra differential thread, maybe you could be a little bit more accurate/correct in your advice?

Yeah, i'll take that one, i was wrong and jumped the gun, but the three times i have been pos repped before that, it has been by either people with under 100 points or ppl with b/w 100 & 200, so i have rec'd a total of 2 points for three informative posts!

Just frustrating, i put in a lot and as yellow-dc2 said, many posts go unnoticed...

Again, as you guys have said, it's not about the points, it just makes people here feel like they go unnoticed by the longer serving members until they do something wrong!!

Also i like to be able to pos rep posts when i see people have done good and i am one of the guys who is only giving two at the moment and would like to work up to far more than that.
I am not asking for freebies, i just believe that too many good posts go unnoticed!!

Bludger
12-12-2007, 01:46 PM
don't know why ppl are fetting worked up over green dots

LOL

i like red dots, cos my car is red :p

Kiz_EG6
12-12-2007, 01:49 PM
don't know why ppl are fetting worked up over green dots

LOL

i like red dots, cos my car is red :p

C'mon man, last time i repped you, what? two points? it's nothing, you would rather 10 or 12 wouldn't you, the post is worth more!

Maybe higher level people should be able to give or take half the amount they are aloud as an option.
That way if a post is good but not great or crap, but not detrimental, they can give or take say 5 points instead of 10!!

Bludger
12-12-2007, 01:58 PM
C'mon man, last time i repped you, what? two points? it's nothing, you would rather 10 or 12 wouldn't you, the post is worth more!

Maybe higher level people should be able to give or take half the amount they are aloud as an option.
That way if a post is good but not great or crap, but not detrimental, they can give or take say 5 points instead of 10!!

you're not getting my point, i would prefer it if you didn't rep me

its like a poularity contest :s

Kiz_EG6
12-12-2007, 02:08 PM
you're not getting my point, i would prefer it if you didn't rep me

its like a poularity contest :s

I can neg rep you and take it back if you want :p

Bludger
12-12-2007, 02:35 PM
I can neg rep you and take it back if you want :pthen i would report you for abusing the system

;)

but yeah, you need to get over the dots man

just be yourself and as helpful as you can and ppl will appreciate your efforts, no one like someone that is trying too hard

tinkerbell
12-12-2007, 03:04 PM
just be yourself and as helpful as you can and ppl will appreciate your efforts, no one like someone that is trying too hard

:thumbsup:

claymore
13-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah, i'll take that one, i was wrong and jumped the gun, but the three times i have been pos repped before that, it has been by either people with under 100 points or ppl with b/w 100 & 200, so i have rec'd a total of 2 points for three informative posts!

Just frustrating, i put in a lot and as yellow-dc2 said, many posts go unnoticed...

Again, as you guys have said, it's not about the points, it just makes people here feel like they go unnoticed by the longer serving members until they do something wrong!!

Also i like to be able to pos rep posts when i see people have done good and i am one of the guys who is only giving two at the moment and would like to work up to far more than that.
I am not asking for freebies, i just believe that too many good posts go unnoticed!!

It would help if you only posted on topics which you KNOW something about not jump into each and every topic that you know very little about and try to pass on advice that you are GUESSING at the answer not 100% sure about the advice you are trying to give. Your posts don't go unnoticed how could they be unnoticed there are sooooo many of them
but make sure of your information before posting.

yourfather
13-12-2007, 12:24 AM
seri0usly what is with the wah wah with the rep points

tinkerbell
13-12-2007, 08:25 AM
it is a growing sign of the soft and self-centered "its all about me" generation...

Kiz_EG6
13-12-2007, 08:48 AM
it is a growing sign of the soft and self-centered "its all about me" generation...

yep... the same generation that goes 1000's into debit doing up and buying cars!

Zilli
13-12-2007, 08:51 AM

Gen Y

bennjamin
13-12-2007, 08:51 AM
kiz , just leave it mate. You happen to get neg repped or positively repped by pure LUCK. No other reason.
If you post correct information more often your chances of recieving + rep increase. Why dont you try that ?

closed