PDA

View Full Version : Ground clearance on Civic 2007 Mugen Bodykit

SaBReT00tH
04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Can anyone tell me the difference in ground clearance with a JDM Honda Civic 4dr VTi Sedan before and after having a Mugen bodykit installed? I'm thinking about getting a kit but am worried about scraping as I lowered my car a little bit (maybe half an inch or so).

Sydsyd
04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
if u only lowered the car by half inch, i don't see any problems with clearance, even with bodykit...when u lower the car more than 2 inches, then u'll start to have problems i think...any FD civic owners with kits can help this?

JaCe
04-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Remember that stock Civic has clearance of 115mm (i.e. 11 and a half cm!). Once you switch rims with slim tyres, that's even lower. Then when you add kit...

In my experience, I've scraped my Civic many times as I come off driveways (even if I do my best to angle it and go slowly), and this is evidenced by my scraped bumper (at the bottom where you can only see if you are on the ground looking up).

That being said, if you know how to drive and be careful where you go, the Mugen kit is fine on the FD.

Shimian
04-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Here is a pic of my modulo kit. This was taken a while ago. This might give u an idea of how low it is. Car not lowered in this pic.

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/5.JPG

SaBReT00tH
27-12-2007, 01:31 AM
i switched to 45 profile tyres with 17 inch rims, 215. from 195/65/15. I don't think the body got lower, as the gap increased, body stayed the same. So I lowered it half an inch. I think if I put a kit on now it'd be about 10cm clearance (legal or barely legal clearance), lol.

Does anyone know any more on those modified WRX bodykits that a Civic got custom fitted? I'm very interested in something different.

FallenAngel
28-12-2007, 09:52 PM
I lowered my car 2.5" front and back, bearly scraped? But after the getting the kit installed only the front scrapes alittle bit.. only because it kinda has "fangs" on the front lip.

Btw the mugen bodykit isn't actually a "body kit", its actually a lip kit.

JaCe
02-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Does anyone know any more on those modified WRX bodykits that a Civic got custom fitted? I'm very interested in something different.

I've seen some WRX kits fitted here in Singapore/M'sia. They look a bit "awkward" but other than that it seems ok. I guess if you want an OTT look, then that's one way. I'd personally go INGS kit if I wanted OTT.

* OTT = over the top

SaBReT00tH
03-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Thanks Fallen. Does the mugen lip kit increase the overall body height at all? An installer in sydney told me it adds 3cm on (as the side skirts/front underspoiler/back bumper are about 3cm lower to the ground than OEM)

Shimian
03-01-2008, 07:41 AM
it will add extra length to the car as it attaches to the bottom side edge of the car. Just a warning. I have the modulo kit and not lowered. When you park a car with one of those concrete blocks in front or a footpath, be careful not to go too far forward or you will ram your front lip.

dmx
03-01-2008, 03:10 PM
it will add extra length to the car as it attaches to the bottom side edge of the car. Just a warning. I have the modulo kit and not lowered. When you park a car with one of those concrete blocks in front or a footpath, be careful not to go too far forward or you will ram your front lip.

yap, same like me. never ever again parking close to footpath/block/kerb. just park like L-platters
front : will hit the front kit
rear : will hit the exhaust
side : will hit/scratch the rims

treat ur car as a mercedes benz:D

SaBReT00tH
03-01-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah man!! That's exactly what I've been thinking of. My car is lowered about half an inch without kit and the clearance between those Goddamn concrete blocks is about 1cm I swear!! 3cm of additional kit would mean I would DEFINITELY need to distance the car away from the block so the front does not touch it at all.

Additionally if I get bigger rims I will barely ever even bother with parallel parking cause I don't wan't gutter rash wrecking my chrome rims and tyres!!

FallenAngel
03-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Yea my car will not actually scrape, it will BEND the exhaust pipe.
The concrete blocks are about 1cm above the bottom of my exhaust tip.

But yea never scraped the sides of the car (Perfect Parking ^.^) nor the rear.

Just be careful when u actually do get things done and you should be fine =]

cuongn
12-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Yea my car will not actually scrape, it will BEND the exhaust pipe.
The concrete blocks are about 1cm above the bottom of my exhaust tip.

But yea never scraped the sides of the car (Perfect Parking ^.^) nor the rear.

Just be careful when u actually do get things done and you should be fine =]
hey fallanangel dont u leave down da street from me
busby rd

FallenAngel
12-02-2008, 08:35 PM
LOL don't tell me ur the civic up the road...

cuongn
12-02-2008, 08:36 PM
wat color is my civic

FallenAngel
12-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I can drive up the road now if u wish LOL

I can't remember the colour... =[

cuongn
12-02-2008, 08:38 PM
its a black fd with black rims

FallenAngel
12-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Eh? FD? Although i do see i think it was a ek hatch...

ryanc
12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
lol remove ur street address man ppl might wana look up ur car :P

JaCe
13-02-2008, 12:01 AM
*looks up ***** RD* ahah.. jkjk. I don't think OH allows us to post 'spotted' (or related) threads.