PDA

View Full Version : Lights go on when you press alram.

Adrian Euro
04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi does anyone know how we can get our lights to go on via the remote like some of the commodores have????? I think this is a convenient feature at night???? Any help would be great.

Tobster
04-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Mine do.

You might have to check the light switch in the cabin to make sure it's on "door" and not "off".

EDIT: do you mean headlights or interior light?

Adrian Euro
04-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Mine do.

You might have to check the light switch in the cabin to make sure it's on "door" and not "off".

EDIT: do you mean headlights or interior light?

Sorry mate yeah i mean headlights. My interior lights go on all good.

04-12-2007, 10:11 AM
dont think u can mate,

commodores can as they have the auto feature and turn off automatically euros dont.

martizzle
04-12-2007, 12:30 PM
i think it would be possible to do... doesnt the euro have a photo sensitive dooviwacker in the middle of the dash between the windscreen air vents.... couldn't u hook that up to a switch then to the headlights... sumphin sumphin. dunno not a sparky.. possible???

BiLL|z0r
04-12-2007, 12:41 PM
That dooviwacker is the internal temp sensor.

martizzle
04-12-2007, 12:48 PM
that dooviwacker is not the internal temp sensor it is a light sensor the internal temp sensor is near/behind windscreen wiper lever from memory it looks like a small grill about 3cm wide by 1cm... correct me if im wrong someone

Adrian Euro
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Hey I have found a engineer in America who is willing to Custom a module for me. How much do people think this is worth paying? They want like $110.00 including postage for it. Does anyone think this is worth it?

martizzle
04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Hey I have found a engineer in America who is willing to Custom a module for me. How much do people think this is worth paying? They want like $110.00 including postage for it. Does anyone think this is worth it?

yeah i think its worth it....but still coulnt u just use the light sensor thing hook up some resistors n stuff like then wire it up to the lights.... im guessing you would have to leave your lights on all the time and let the light sensor do its thing??? i'm pretty sure it would be simple to whip one up...if only i listened in year 10 electronics teacher.....

Adrian Euro
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
yeah i think its worth it....but still coulnt u just use the light sensor thing hook up some resistors n stuff like then wire it up to the lights.... im guessing you would have to leave your lights on all the time and let the light sensor do its thing??? i'm pretty sure it would be simple to whip one up...if only i listened in year 10 electronics teacher.....

Hahah true.... Apparently this one has a timer on it which turns off after either when the car starts or when 1minute comes or 45sec which ever i choose. I guess this is so they don't drain the battery. Your way sounds a little tricky. I wonder if it is possible......

martizzle
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Hahah true.... Apparently this one has a timer on it which turns off after either when the car starts or when 1minute comes or 45sec which ever i choose. I guess this is so they don't drain the battery. Your way sounds a little tricky. I wonder if it is possible......

ok from the sounds of it u dont want auto light on / off, you just want them to turn off when you turn off your car,,,, without turning the light switch, u know just in case you forget to that is, then the timer kicks in like a turbo timer right??? i would like to take it one step further by making the lights completely auto. so when it get dark your light come on automatically. electronically minded plp pls input your thoughts...

Adrian Euro
04-12-2007, 02:51 PM
ok from the sounds of it u dont want auto light on / off, you just want them to turn off when you turn off your car,,,, without turning the light switch, u know just in case you forget to that is, then the timer kicks in like a turbo timer right??? i would like to take it one step further by making the lights completely auto. so when it get dark your light come on automatically. electronically minded plp pls input your thoughts...

Nah i wanted lights to turn on when i press my alarm button to open my doors so i f i am in a daark car park or a lane my HID lights will turn on before i get to my car...... Like the holdens. But i also wanted a feature that if i accidently turn them on when i was leaving it wouldn't stay on a drain my battery. So thats why he put a timer on it.

martizzle
04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Nah i wanted lights to turn on when i press my alarm button to open my doors so i f i am in a daark car park or a lane my HID lights will turn on before i get to my car...... Like the holdens. But i also wanted a feature that if i accidently turn them on when i was leaving it wouldn't stay on a drain my battery. So thats why he put a timer on it.

that sounds like auto lights our company cars here have them. its a feature our cars should of come with but like i said our cars already have the light sensor to control the auto a/c (inconjuction with the temp sensor) our cars have half the hardware to do this its just a matter of making a small cicuit board with resistors or capacitors whatever jargon... to control the sensor so it can tell the sensor... ok we have this much light coming in, turn on lights.. i feel a DIY coming on

Adrian Euro
05-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Hi is anyone interested in buying one of these modules i have bargin the guy down to US$55. But he wants 5 people to buy it before he can custom make the item. Anyone interested?????

martizzle
05-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi is anyone interested in buying one of these modules i have bargin the guy down to US$55. But he wants 5 people to buy it before he can custom make the item. Anyone interested?????

ask him if he can make a module to make the lights go on and off respective to lighting conditions, so if u press your alarm and it is dark your lights will come on and if u drive and the sun comes out the lights go off. if he can do that i think alot more people would be intrested

Adrian Euro
05-12-2007, 03:52 PM
ask him if he can make a module to make the lights go on and off respective to lighting conditions, so if u press your alarm and it is dark your lights will come on and if u drive and the sun comes out the lights go off. if he can do that i think alot more people would be intrested

No worries. I will ask if this is possible seems hard and expensive though. But why not.

directedfx
12-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey Adrian Euro,

This functionality you speak of is actually what i'm trying to figure out at the moment. I'm pretty much half way there, but more than the circuit, it's the wires i'm trying to figure out. My brother has a 2003 VY Commodore and shameful to say it has much more advanced electronics than our Euro's. Such as:

- Lock the car and whatever position the light switch is in will remained powered for a delayed time (programmable from the dash)

- Unlock the car and the same lights (headlight/parklight) will power up to provide a courtesy light

- On top of that, when driving, the headlights are auto-on when it's dark or you drive through a tunnel or through a dark carpark etc.

- Turns light off automatically after car is locked, whether you program the delay or not (which has been in the Commodores since 1999 VT models, THIS is what i really want in the Euro, for peace of mind knowing that i havent left my lights on)

Now, there already is a DEI product '545T Nite-Lite System' that will do all this from one module. Google this for more info.

This does all the above Commodore features, but also flicks on the headlights when you use your wind screen wiper (I probably wouldnt use this, but hey each to their own)

NOW, the only problem here is, this module is used as an add on to an after market alarm system, where a 'ground when armed' wire is required for all this to work. I have spent months trying to work out the simplest and most effective circuit to simulate such a wire without effecting any of the standard Euro circuits (to avoid blowing something up) and as of a few weeks ago i have finally achieved this.

So now i have a 'ground when armed' wire i could technically go and use this DEI 545T module and it would wonders. I would recommend this way for you, as DEI is a respected 12v electronics manufacturer and very likely nothing will go wrong down the track.

I'd be more than happy to help you with this if you went down this path, however the reason i havent gone this way already if because after all the fiddling wires i've got an idea in my head on how to do similar functions with some relays and diodes and a light sensor circuit i already have.

Any other feedback or ideas on this topic would be fantastic, maybe bounce around some ideas. I definitely think this is a worthwhile mod and would compliment the luxury features of the Euro. :cool:

directedfx
12-12-2007, 11:45 AM
PS: Rather than getting that dude to make you a circuit for US$50 your probably better off getting the module i was referring to from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-545T-NITELITE-HEADLIGHT-AUTOMATION-VIPER-CAR-ALARM_W0QQitemZ200119558842QQihZ010QQcategoryZ7538 9QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I can't see this other guy getting anywhere close to designing a circuit like this, with these features, and providing a nice little photocell sensor to go with, for those auto-on lighting in the dark applications.

If you can get this eBay shop to come down in price for a group buy i'd probably be interested too.

Adrian Euro
12-12-2007, 01:48 PM
PS: Rather than getting that dude to make you a circuit for US$50 your probably better off getting the module i was referring to from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-545T-NITELITE-HEADLIGHT-AUTOMATION-VIPER-CAR-ALARM_W0QQitemZ200119558842QQihZ010QQcategoryZ7538 9QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I can't see this other guy getting anywhere close to designing a circuit like this, with these features, and providing a nice little photocell sensor to go with, for those auto-on lighting in the dark applications.

If you can get this eBay shop to come down in price for a group buy i'd probably be interested too.

Whats the damage of price of that installed do you think?????

directedfx
12-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I couldnt say for sure how much it would cost. I guess you could call your local installer. I could probably install this, but i wouldnt take the risk on any one else's car but mine.

But at the end of the day, it's going to involve the same amount of wiring and installation than the other circuit you propose to have designed by this other guy.

The Wiring for the 545T is as follows:

These 4 wires are connected to the provided relays then to the cars headlights/parklights.

-Brown (87) Parking Light Relay Input
-Blue (30) Parking Light Relay Output
-Violet (87) Headlight Relay Input
-Green (30) Headlight Relay Output

Then:

1. (+) Wiper Switch Input
2. (-) Wiper Switch Input
3. (+) Ignition Input
4. (-) Aux RF Channel Input
5. (-) Ground
6. (-) Ground When Armed
7. (+) 12v Constant Power

The way i see it, i wont be using wires 1,2 & 4.

3 is connected to the Black/Yellow wire on Ignition Harness
5 is connected to a good ground
6 is connected to the 'ground when armed' wire, in this case to the circuit i made.
7 is connected to the White wire coming from the Ignition Harness

Hope that information inspires you to be a bit adventurous.

PS: Whatever you do, ALWAYS test these wires before you connect them up, please dont take my word for it (or anything from the web in that case), only use it as a guide. :angel: