PDA

View Full Version : EG Civic doesnt start soemtimes

anfsrockin
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
hey i have 2 issues

1) my auto civic doest start sometimes, mainly when im rushing the ignition.
i crank it, it starts then turns off straight away and a high pitch noise appears (mayb issue with my starter/solenoid). Then the car wont start again for at least another 30 seconds, but it will eventually start by itself, or with my foot on teh accelerator

2) also at random times of the day the car wont start unless i have my foot on the accelerator,

Problems started to occur after a major service, when i had the fuel injectors taken out and cleaned, changed the timing belt, along with my engine bay washed. Because my engine bay was washed water got into the spark plug area, but we removed all the water out.

Help is needed
Cheers

ECU-MAN
04-12-2007, 03:46 PM
could be the main pgmfi relay

OzSir2
04-12-2007, 05:20 PM
I would say it's that as well...but it only happens if the car is hot because the heat creates a dry joint in the solder of the relay...cold starts always work.

jezsx
04-12-2007, 06:43 PM
When it doesnt start again after you say it just turns off straight away does it atleast crank.And you are toaling about cold engine morning starts.

Bad contact on the back of the ignition barrel assembly to the acualt ign switch can cause a non crank-situation if key is rushed as you say,which can be possibly due to some one removing and not refiting properly in past and/or when doing work around steeering column.

anfsrockin
10-12-2007, 02:05 PM
yeh it cranks but just doesnt start for around 30 secs, it happends when the car is hot and/or cold,

im plannin to take it to an auto electrican, but it may be useless as the car might start when its there, as it happens randomly

also whats does pgmfi stand for

ECU-MAN
10-12-2007, 07:01 PM
programed fuel injection

Honda_CRX
11-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I would say it's that as well...but it only happens if the car is hot because the heat creates a dry joint in the solder of the relay...cold starts always work.

Happened to mine, but yeah would always start when cold

Might be worth gettin the auto elec to check it anyway

BaNaNaMaN
13-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Try the ignition module in the dizzy. (if you can borrow one for a while and test by swapping them over)

Mine had similar problems. Would sometimes just sit and crank, over and over and over. Until there was enough heat to help and it would start.

Replaced a $60 part and away it went.

Worth a shot even if it is just maintence