PDA

View Full Version : Civic 06-07 paint questions

fab4272
04-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi All,

I live in the northern suburbs, Melbourne, Has anyone noticed, at least in my area that there is alot of red-brown bird crap being left on cars. Now either the birds have serious haemorrhoids problems or is it, maybe bats??? There seems to be more flying north.

Anyway, the crap is not good for the paint. I have 3 stains that have eaten thru to the grey primer underneath. Yes, my fault I should have cleaned it off sooner, but the paint on these cars seems to be super thin, from looking at the area of thickness from the top coat to primer. Never seen it that thin before on a car....

Any comments?

aaronng
04-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Red brown = bats. Not many paints can withstand bat poo....
That's why I spray the crap off using a spray bottle as soon as I see it.

dmx
05-12-2007, 03:48 PM
any bird poo = toxic
simple.just clean asap.
if too late, need to wax+polish

Fo55il
05-12-2007, 09:27 PM
bats eat figs n fruits = redish turds,

well atleast around my area.

Joele
06-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey your lucky, there a possums EVERYWHERE in my area (inner north/east). Possum piss is horrid, I swear they piss blood, it stinks and covers a huge area.. We won't even talk about the other mess they leave..

Simple rule don't ever park under trees. of course thats not a 100% solution even with possums (powerlines), but it helps.. We get bats too, and that unless your under cover yu can't avoid, just have to clean it when you see it..