PDA

View Full Version : del sol mods - basic

djgarv
04-12-2007, 10:16 PM
have done quite a number of searches and would be good to get definitive answers.

i've read del sols can fit most parts made for egs or dc2s. more specifically can someone just categorically (i.e. someone who has owned a del sol/or knows with 100% certainty and not someone who heard it from their mate johnny's older brother's cousin who knew someone who had a del sol) say yes/no:

1. Does an eg front lip (e.g. spoon, jun etc.) fit straight onto a del sol?
2. Does the same apply (if yes) to rear lips made for egs?
3. Suspension - coilovers made for egs will bolt straight on?
4. Exhaust - a cat back exhaust made for an eg - will it fit a del sol without chopping/welding etc?

Much appreciated.

riruiz_88
04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
1. not sure about Spoon or Jun, but EG6 lip will fit with a little modification
2. Not that i have seen
3. yes suspension would be straight fit, i had a look at some part numbers and they are the same
4. not sure about this one
hope this helped dude

djgarv
04-12-2007, 11:31 PM
thanks mate
so basically
1. yes, maybe, depends...could require slight modification
2. probably not (it was a long shot anyway)
3. cool
4. tba

riruiz_88
04-12-2007, 11:48 PM
no worries man. i can see why you are tryin to source parts from other families. del sol's arent very popular in australia, and sourcing parts for them are hard.

EG5
05-12-2007, 12:02 AM
eg delsol catback and eg hatch catback is abit different
its not interchangeable

Kiz_EG6
05-12-2007, 08:37 AM
1. Does an eg front lip (e.g. spoon, jun etc.) fit straight onto a del sol?
No, probably would not bother modding, just get a kit for a delsol or go custom to a bodykit place, as the front end is totally different to EG!!
2. Does the same apply (if yes) to rear lips made for egs?Same deal, not really, totally different body.
3. Suspension - coilovers made for egs will bolt straight on?All suspension components should be totally compatible, as the chassis is the same (you have an EG2)
4. Exhaust - a cat back exhaust made for an eg - will it fit a del sol without
chopping/welding etc?As said above, the undercarriage will mean that this will not fit up exactly, as, for one, i believe that the entire body infact sits lower than an Eg hatch.
Your best bet would be to just go to an exhaust shop and get a custom job made up, it will be just as good as an off the shelf and should work out cheaper than buying an entire catback and modifying it!!
**note** front pipe eg: header will be compatible with any B16 one, provided that is the engine you have :p)

djgarv
05-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Cheers guys that helps. I don't own one...was only thinking about one, but sounds like I won't really have the time or patience for one haha

Kiz_EG6
05-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Cheers guys that helps. I don't own one...was only thinking about one, but sounds like I won't really have the time or patience for one haha

Nah man, my g/f has one, it's a sweet little car, so long as ur a short arse :)
When i stacked my EG we put bits and pieces from here and there on it and it all fitted ok, other than the custom air box i had :p

When you mod any car, there is always far more work involved than you 1st expect, but a del sol would not be any worse than any other car!!

djgarv
05-12-2007, 10:30 AM
i suppose not...although i am a little too busy to be stuffing around with modding something that was made for an eg just to make it fit etc.

in any event i'm 6 feet...so.....might be a teeny bit tiny for me

Kiz_EG6
05-12-2007, 10:36 AM
i suppose not...although i am a little too busy to be stuffing around with modding something that was made for an eg just to make it fit etc.

in any event i'm 6 feet...so.....might be a teeny bit tiny for me

Yeah, look if you put the seat right back then you should be schweet, but they are a bit cramped.
Our's has a stacker behind the passenger seat, so i can't put the seat right back, pretty squishy!

TJsol
05-12-2007, 12:00 PM
1. Mayb
2. No
3. Yes
4. No

djgarv
05-12-2007, 09:45 PM
:cool::thumbsup:

dsp26
06-12-2007, 07:14 AM
1. No to the Specific brandede ones. YES for the ones that bolt via the bottom part of the bumper... the diffuser type.

2. No simply because the entire bumper design is compeltely different.

3. Yes to other EG/DC... HOWEVER, DC2R and EG6 sussy requires matching rear lower control arm.

4. Header+Cat & Muffler only. The rest of the pipe is generally the same, but there is a minute (pronounced my-noot) difference in overall length. As mentioned by Kiz_EG6 earlier, custom is theway to go, works out cheaper at the right place.