PDA

View Full Version : HID auto level in the Euro

Uzzi
06-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi Guys I believe that when you install coilovers in a Euro they do not have the HID level mounts. My questions are,

Do the lights still work properly?

Is there a way to overcome this situation?

Perhaps cable tie method?

TRaNz
06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, when i got my Teins SS installed, the auto HID levelers were disconnected and cable tied onto some other rod/bar so it didnt dangle around. What you want is to tie with cable tie, but just tight enough so it doesnt move and adjust ur headlights randomly everytime u drive.
Once thats done, from then on you have to adjust ur headlights manually, via engine bay by turning this cog gear which raises or loweres the cut-offline of the HID.
You probably just align them once coz they shouldnt move ever again, unless u play with the HID leveler n cable tie. Just in future when u have a heavy load at the back, ur HIDs wont adjust (obviously) and will point a little bit up in the air...and blind ppl....LOL
Ummmm think the alignment thing was 7.5m away from wall. and the bean cut off should be 6m off ground? someone might want to confirm/correct me on that. Cant remeber wat it was, did mine awhile ago but forgot the numbers.

--------editskies-------------

Heres a pic of where the cog is u need to turn to adjust. Its where the orange circle sticker is.
Huge Credits for the pic goes to Merlin086

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8556/hidadjfo0.jpg

Uzzi
06-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey quick reply thanks....looks like there is abit to it then I thought. So let me get this right...once you move the leveller...it throws the settings out? what happens if you strap it back to where it was originally sitting?

TRaNz
06-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Ummm if you havent started up the car since u disconnected the HID autoleveler, and just tied it up so the lil rod thinghy doesnt dangle around, it should stay at that height(HIDs). If you did start the car or when u do drive with the headlights on and its like pointing up and lighting up freeway signs on bridges ( i thought it was funni, others didnt :p ) then you just have to adjust it manually by turning that cog thing as i showed in the pic. (Props to Merlin086 for pic).

But if you somehow connected the autoleveler to the aftermarket coilovers, then yeah itd just be like normal adjusteing whenever theres a different weight insde the car.

Uzzi
06-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Cheers for that guys...something I have to keep in mind when I get my coilovers. I was thinking of doing the job myself...so we shall see how it goes :)

xiang
06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
are you able to adjust the headlights in the standard euro?
obviously mine didnt come wiht HID's but am i still able to adjust them?

TRaNz
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
umm not too sure, though i reckon itd be the same, just check in ya engine bay if it has that cog thing ( as posted in pic above with orange dot ). and yeah turn it and see if the lights move up or down.